Become a Patron!

My Review of the Basal Kit by Eleaf.

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: This device has been sent to me by Eleaf for the purpose of this review.

When I received this kit, my first thought: What is this?! And by the looks of it, it's a stylish device that is meant for people who want to switch to vaping. It's extremely slim, and it's very easy to pocket it. I've been using it a lot when going out, simply because I could put it in my pocket and forget about it, it's like feeling your phone in the pocket, except it's an electronic cigarette. It's available in 3 colors: Gold, Rose Gold and Brushed Silver. It has a metallic feel that's very comfortable, and the glass of the GS Basal atomizer is tinted to match the color of the mod.

Album of Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/AGoya

Specs and Features:

Basal Mod:

* Battery Capacity: 1500mAh

* Max Wattage Output: 30W

* 2A Charging

* Width: 15mm

* Length: 36.6mm

* Height: 76.6mm

* 510 Connector

* Resistance Range: 0.6 - 3.0 ohm

GS Basal Atomizer:

* Colored Glass Tube matching the Mod Color

* Diameter: 15mm

* Height: 57mm

* E-Liquid Capacity: 1.8ml

* Uses GS Air coils, that can be used with the GS Juni too.

* MTL Airflow

* Bottom Fill

Kit Content:

* Basal Mod

* GS Basal Atomizer

* GS Air 0.75ohm Coilhead

* GS Air 1.5ohm Coilhead

* USB Cable

* 2 Manuals

* Extra O-Rings

Aesthetics:

The Basal Kit by Eleaf is really a beautiful device. It's compact, it's pretty stylish and looks solid. The metallic finish makes it shine, and it feels like it's made for people who want to switch to vaping, but they need a stealthy yet easy to carry device. It's a pretty tall kit, but extremely slim, that makes it pocketable. You can see some comparison photos in the album, so that you can get an impression, and still, it's 15mm in width right? The buttons are square shaped but with rounded edges, the fire button is bigger than the up/down buttons, and they are also painted to match the color of the whole mod. The screen is pretty bright, simple and small. The USB port can be found at the bottom of the device, and you can also see some warnings there. On the right side of the mod, you can see the Eleaf Basal logo, and on the other side there is some kind of pattern, that really doesn't fit there, but that's my opinion, others might like it. That part where that pattern is looks like a battery door, but it's an internal battery mod, so no, I don't think it's safe to try and open it. The GS Basal Atomizer is also tall, but it's 15mm diameter at base only, then it's a little wider, say 16-17mm. I suppose that was done so that the atomizer could house the 1.8ml of e-liquid. The Glass Tube is tinted to match the color of the mod, and to be honest, the GS Basal atomizer looks like it's something from the past, a narrow but tall atomizer.

Build Quality:

The Basal mod features a metallic finish that gives the user the feeling that it's a durable device. It may be, it fell down a couple of times while using it, it works the same and surprisingly enough the glass on the atomizer is still intact. Please do not try to drop it! That just might be my luck. The buttons are clicky, but they are not placed well, sometimes they would just go up and down while pressing them, and this con is not matching with the solid look of the device. The 510 seems ok, but I think the mod should be used with the stock GS Basal Atomizer. The screen is easy to read and to be honest I like it. The GS Basal atomizer features bottom fill.. really? Again? Which is a con to me, but still you can access the coil head while the tank is full, so that's a pro to me. The threads are pretty good, I've had no problems at all, and the Airflow Control works just fine.

Airflow Control:

So, the GS Basal atomizer is intended to MTL using. The Airflow features 4 small holes and a big oval hole, you can choose to use just 1 little hole, 2,3,4 little holes, or just full airflow open with the big oval hole and the small holes. I really like that it offers a tight MTL draw, and I've been using it mostly with just 1 small hole open, you can get a not so restricted (but still restricted) DL draw with the airflow wide open, but I like my MTL atomizers tight.

Mod and Atomizer Performance:

This kit is really made for people who want to start vaping. The mod features an internal battery, no TC, no TCR, no Bypass, just the VW mode and the only things you can adjust are the Watts, and some basic info you want to be showed on the screen: Puffs/Voltage/Amp. The Basal mod gets the job done, although sometimes the hits feel inconsistent, when no settings have been changed. It's rare, but it happens. The charging time is really good, and that's a pro for me. The GS Basal atomizer is ok, I can't say it's amazing, but it also gets the job done, the flavor is ok, the MTL draw is on point, and it's a great starter kit to be honest. Although I don't feel that it's very practical, there are not many 15mm atomizers out there, in case you want to get another atomizer for the Basal mod. The GS coils are ok, I didn't feel any big difference between them except the Wattage settings of course, but the slight difference is that the 1.5ohm coil head lets less air travel to the coil, this way the MTL draw is even tighter, but it was really hard for me to notice that.

Pros:

* Slim, pocketable, tiny Kit.

* 2A Charging.

* Interchangeable coils between the GS Juni and the GS Basal.

* Metallic Finish.

* Real MTL draw.

* Simple to use, good starter kit.

Cons:

* Buttons going up/down.

* 15mm width; can't get another atomizer unless you don't mind a big overhang.

* Bottom Fill.

* Metallic Finish may offer the impression the mod is durable, but it's fragile, don't be confused by that.

Verdict:

The Basal Kit by Eleaf is a starter kit that gets the job done. It's slim, it's pocketable, it's easy to use with no overwhelming options, and it's meant to be used by people who want to switch to vaping, that is the sole purpose of this device.

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

My other reviews:

iStick Kiya and GS Juni: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...sna/my_review_of_the_istick_kiya_and_gs_juni/

Joyetech Exceed D19 Kit: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...eview_of_the_joyetech_exceed_d19_starter_kit/

Siren 1st gen by Digiflavor (22mm version): https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...view_of_the_siren_1st_gen_by_digiflavor_22mm/

Hastur MTL RTA by Cthulhu Mod: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/7fjnyp/my_review_of_the_hastur_mtl_rta/

Berserker MTL RTA by Vandy Vape: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ntent=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit

VU Sponsors