Become a Patron!

My Review of the iStick Melo Kit by Eleaf!

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me by Eleaf for the purpose of this review. The review is based on the devices I received, but not all devices can be the same due to the margin of error, poor quality control, or other situations that may compromise the device.

iStick Melo:

The iStick Mello kit from Eleaf is designed for both advanced and novice users. It can be labeled as a starter kit but it can also be a nice addition to a more advanced vaper. It features a 4400mAh internal battery and can fire up to 60W. It comes paired with the Melo 4 (22mm) sub ohm tank and together they bond into a pretty decent kit. The mod can be purchased in a variety of colors: Black, Greenery, Silver, Rose Gold, and Red. In all the cases, the Mello 4 will be of silver color, but if you buy the Black kit, the Mello 4 will come in black too.

Album of Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/kWcM7

Specs and Features:

* Width: 22mm

* 4400mAh internal battery

* 2A charging

* Max W Output: 60W

* Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR)

* Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC mode) / 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass mode)

* Diameter: 22mm

* E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml

* Slide and fill

Kit Content:

* iStick Melo mod

* Melo 4 (22mm)

* 0.3 ohm coil head

* 0.5 ohm coil head

* USB cable

* Warning cards/user manuals

* Spare parts

Aesthetics:

I don't know why, but this kit looks kind of ''old school''. The mod reminds me of the infamous iStick 50W, but with some slight changes. Starting from the top we have the 510 connector, the tiny screen and the +/- buttons. On the side, under the 510 connector there is the fire button and on the other side under the +/- buttons there is the USB port. And that's all. On the mod, there is the iStick Melo and the Eleaf logos, and on the bottom 4 small battery vent holes and some certificates. The Mello 4 tank features a black 510 drip tip that you can replace with your favorite 510 tips, a slide and fill design as seen on the Ello and other sub-ohm tanks, a big black o-ring on the bottom of the glass tube. By pairing these 2 Eleaf got a pretty tall kit, but that is still ergonomic.

iStick Melo Performance:

I must say, I am not sure the battery can output 60W, the vaping experience feels a little inconsistent. At lower wattages, 45 and lower, the mod feels comfortable, and the battery life is pretty good. The 510 pin is gold plated and spring loaded, and it reads the ohms pretty accurate (talking about a 0.01 - 0.04 difference). As said above, the mod feels ok under 45W, otherwise, the VW performance seems a little off. TC performance is not good, I got kicked to VW almost every time I tried, sometimes got 4-5 inconsistent puffs and then back to VW. I'm disappointed in this mod. The fire button is big, it makes little noise, and I like it, no matter how you hold the mod, you can always press it easily. The screen is small and sometimes hard to read when you are using it outdoors. The + and - buttons have a little play up and down and very small.

Melo 4 Performance:

Now that is better. I like the Melo 4, I really do. A pretty nice performance with both included coils, a pleasant vaping experience. To fill it, it's easy, slide the top cap, fill, slide back. The 0.3-ohm coil head gives a pretty decent amount of clouds given the amount of airflow, and a nice flavor. The 0.5-ohm coil head is headed towards better flavor, and little fewer clouds, but the difference in clouds is pretty hard to notice. The airflow control ring is a finger skin killer when trying to disassemble the tank, it was a little painful. One thing I don't understand is that the 0.3-ohm coil is rated 30 - 80 W and the 0.5-ohm coil is rated 30 - 100W. Eleaf, how do you suggest we get at higher Watts with this mod? It can only go up to 60W and then the vaping experience is not really consistent.

Pros:

iStick Melo:

* Big fire button, can be pressed easily no matter how you hold the mod

* Battery life

* Ergonomic

Melo 4:

* Easy to fill

* Decent flavor

* Decent clouds

* No leaks

Cons:

iStick Melo:

* Too small screen

* Too small +/- buttons

* Inconsistent VW performance at over 45W (even with full battery)

* Bad TC

* Feels cheap and fragile

* Very few battery vent holes

Melo 4:

* Painful to disassemble

Conclusion:

I am disappointed. It feels like it hasn't been finished, and the small screen, + and - buttons may be subjective, someone may like them, personally, I don't, and adding up the VW and TC performance, the mod definitely needs an upgrade or maybe even a redesign. The Melo 4 is better, it's easy to use, better than average performance. I can recommend getting the Melo 4 as a backup tank, but if you use rebuildable it's no point unless you want a hassle-free tank. Don't expect huge cloud production, it's decent, the flavor is pretty good though.

Thank you!

VU Sponsors