Become a Patron!

My Review of the iStick Pico 21700 Kit by Eleaf!

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me by Eleaf for the purpose of this review. The review is based on the devices I received, but not all devices can be the same due to the margin of error, poor quality control, or other situations that may compromise the device.

iStick Pico 21700:

As the market is now slowly filling up with mods that are powered by 21700 batteries, Eleaf decided it’s time to remake the legendary Pico device. And I must say, the final product is a good continuity of the original Pico, still loved to this day by a lot of users. The mod comes with the Ello sub-ohm tank that is a pretty nice addition to the Pico. At the moment the mod can be purchased in different colors: Greenery, Brushed Silver, Black, Silver, Grey, Hot Pink.

Album of Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/hAGDK

Specs and Features:

- Height: 119mm (with extended Ello liquid capacity)
- Length: 51mm
- Width: 26mm
- 150.4g (with Ello tank extended liquid capacity and no battery)
- E-Liquid Capacity: 2ml/4ml (extended version)
- 21700/18650 battery support
- 2A charging
- Output Wattage: 1 – 100W
- Output Voltage: 0.5 – 9V
- Output Modes: VW/Bypass/TC (Ni,Ti,SS,TCR)
- Resistance Range: 0.05 – 1.5ohm (TC) / 0.1 – 3.5ohm (VW/Bypass)

Kit Content:

- iStick Pico 21700 mod
- Ello Sub-Ohm tank
- AVB 21700 Battery (optional)
- 0.3ohm coil head
- 0.25ohm coil head
- USB Cable
- User Manuals/Warning Cards
- Spare Parts

Aesthetics:

The Pico 21700 kit, is nice looking, I have to say that because I owned the original Pico, and I was in love with it. I received the silver version, and in my opinion is the best color for this kit. But ‘’Pico’’ means very small, and that was the original one, and it does not truly relate to the 21700 version. I understand that by using a bigger battery, the mod has to accommodate one, but with the Pico getting bigger, it starts losing its name, but it still carries with it the same shape, with a few minor changes. First, the design of the battery cap, it’s different, and this difference offers a better grip. Of course, the mod got bigger, so the buttons, the screen got bigger too, but still, the fire button above the screen, the USB port below the screen, the + and – buttons on the bottom of the mod, and the vent holes underneath the battery compartment. The Ello sub-ohm tank features a black drip tip, black o-rings, and a silver color. The tank looks simple, is designed to hold your favorite e-liquid and give you a pleasant vape experience.

Pico 21700 Performance:

The iStick Pico 21700 is one hell of a device. It feels solid, it's ergonomic, it's still small despite growing up. The 510 pin is gold plated, spring loaded and it reads resistances correctly. The fire button is clicky with a little play up and down, and the +/- buttons are clicky also, but they don't play, or rattle. The screen is pretty bright, and it offers all the information you need. The mod features 2 menus, one in which you can enter by pressing fast 3 times on the fire button, there you can select the mode you want the device to perform in, and the second by pressing and holding for a few seconds the fire button and the + button, there you can lock your resistance, choose whether to display the logo, choose what you want to see puffs/amps/voltage, see the version of the software, and the voltage of your battery. In VW performance the mod performed ok, but still it's a single battery mod, so vaping at 60-70W or more will drain your battery and of course, you won't get all the W you need. At lower wattage, however, battery will drain slower, and you will be able to get a more consistent vape experience. I used the device in TC mode, SS with a single fused clapton in my Berserker MTL RTA, at 235Celsius and 26W the experience was pretty pleasant I must say. I didn't get any errors, I wasn't kicked back to VW. I must say I'm a little impressed with this. The mod can be powered by 21700 batteries and 18650 batteries with the sleeve included in the packaging.

Ello Performance:

The Ello sub-ohm tank disappointed me. I expected it to perform better, but my expectations weren't met. It's easy to fill, it's easy to use, there isn't a lot of hassle with it, there are no leaks, but the performance is average. The 0.3ohm coil head delivered an average amount of flavor, and I can rate it at 6/10 max, the cloud production was better, but still a 7/10. The 0.25ohm coil head was better in terms of flavor, and worse in terms of clouds, still it did not impress me at all, it's just average.

Pros:

Pico 21700:

* 21700/18650 battery

* VW/TC performance

* 25mm attys sit flush

* Solid

* Small/ergonomic

Ello:

* Slide to fill

* Nice amount of airflow

* Good threads

* No leaks

Cons:

Pico 21700:

* Second menu (fire button and + button) is a little hard to understand what does what

* Sometimes it's hard to close the battery compartment cap, it needs to be pressed then turned and it can be hard to adjust the threads

Ello:

* Feels like you can't use all the airflow

Conclusion:

The kit is okay. The mod is amazing, it's a new member of the Pico family and it deserves to be there. It's still small, it's ergonomic, it's easy to use and I will continue to use it, he seems to like my Berserker and my Berserker seems to like it. The Ello tank performs averagely, it may be nice for something who looks an easy to use tank, but there are better ones out there in terms of flavor, but the tank is hassle-free.

Thank you!

VU Sponsors