Become a Patron!

My review of the Siren 1st gen by Digiflavor (22mm version)

Spratt

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: I bought the device. I have no relationship with Digiflavor, or any other company or person affiliated with this company. Also you can find this review on Reddit, posted by a different nickname. (old and dumb nickname).

Digiflavor chose to do an interesting combination, a GTA RTA that can do MTL and restricted DL. At the time this was pretty interesting, and soon enough, other companies joined the trend. They did a pretty good job, and I used the device as a daily driver for several months. See the review of the Hastur MTL RTA by Cthulhu Mod.

Specs and Features:

• Diameter: 22mm (a 25mm version available).

• GTA Style

• Top Fill

• Capacity: 4ml

• Height: 43mm
Kit Content:

• 1 Siren GTA

• 1 Delrin drip tip

• 1 Allen key

• Spare o-rings and screws

• 1 Replacement glass tube
Aesthetics:

So, when I bought the device I was hyped. I watched a lot of reviews and guides how to build and wick this RTA to perfection. And my expectations were fulfilled. I used a Kayfun Mini V3 clone before buying the Siren, so the whole GTA MTL thing was new to me. I used a Limitless Plus before, so I kind of understood the basics, but still, that was new and interesting, and I was thrilled. I looked at it, it was amazing, how it was built, simple yet magnificent. I thought the shape was perfect for an MTL device, I just loved the way the Siren looked. The Digiflavor engraving was subtle, the white part on the drip tip looked new, and overall, the Siren V1 is a good looking device. I got the Silver version. The Siren can be used with your favorite 510 drip tips, which is a good thing for all those vapers who like to customize their devices.

Build Quality:

The build quality was pretty good, the threads are smooth, no machining oil. The AFC ring is nice and smooth, it is adjustable, and the holes are ''clicking'', it has some kind of stopping threads in every slot to keep it the way you chose. The build deck was clean and ready to rock!

Airflow Control:

The Airflow control on the Siren V1 is pretty interesting. It offers 4 round-shaped slots, one bigger than the other with the following diameters: 2.5mm; 3mm; 3.5mm; 4mm. Even when using the 2.5mm airflow slot, that thing was too airy for me. So my solution was to close it halfway, and it was perfect for me. I would have liked to see a 1.5mm hole or even a 2mm hole, but that was it, no smaller airflow slot! The spare parts bag has an airflow restrictor, which I used in order to get a better MTL experience. Without it, the Siren can deliver pretty good airflow for restrictive DL hits.

Performance:

During the months I used this device as a daily driver, I had a lot of different builds in it. Once I even installed a quadruple twisted coil in there, because hell, why not? Well, because vaping an MTL device at 65 Watts wasn't too good for my battery life. Even then, it delivered insane flavor and a good throat hit. Still, my go-to setup for the Siren was a 6 wrap 2.5mmID Fused Clapton, that was hand-made by my friend who worked at a vape shop in my city. The Siren provided extreme flavor and throat hit, which suited my vaping needs for a long time. The build deck is pretty simple to use, but I found a problem. When using simple round wire, which is thin, when screwing the build deck screws, sometimes my leads would just be cut by the screws and the coil ....ed, that was the reason I almost every time used a Fused Clapton. I tried it just once without the airflow restrictor, with the same coil, but it didn't perform the way I wanted it to. It felt like it was too much air, maybe it would have worked better with another coil, but hell I loved it with the airflow restrictor and a halfway open airflow slot. Both drip tips that come with the device looked amazing on the RTA and I like both of them, still, I loved the Aesthetics and used the pre-installed one. Also, if you just filled this RTA, and wanted to re-wick or just install another coil, you can easily get access to the build deck without emptying the tank.

The overall performance of the Siren V1 by Digiflavor impressed me. No leaks, no dry hits when wicked well, and it was amazing.

Pros:

• Top fill

• Good flavor

• Good amount of spare parts

• Easy to build

• Nice price

• Versatile airflow

• Drip tips (I loved them)

• Access to build deck with full tank
Cons:

• Too airy for MTL (even with the smallest airflow slot open)

• Simple round wire builds can be destroyed when screwing the screws harder
Verdict:

Would I recommend this device? Hell yeah! I loved it, it's an amazing RTA, it's very convenient and easy to use. It has a lot of positive features, and can do MTL and restricted DL.

Thank you!

VU Sponsors