Become a Patron!

My story of how I fell off the non smoking wagon, and got back on.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had originally posted a very small version of my story when I first joined this forum on how I was a vaper for years and fell off the wagon.

Any ways, I have started writing more these days again on my personal blog, not my vape blog. I published this yesterday https://medium.com/@digibomb/how-i-fell-off-the-non-smoking-wagon-and-got-back-on-again-33dd12e9ca17 It's my story ... hopefully it inspires and acts a warning.

More than happy to answer any questions ... I'm an open book :)
probablly the most relevant,and intelligent post I've read here in a year.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I loved reading that, I started off the same way. I used to steal cigarettes off my mom and I am still trying to stop too this day!

I quit for 3 years and last August I started again.
I truly understand the struggle.

I like the bob marley quote at the end too, one of my favourite quotes.

Keep up the good work dude!! Thanks for the story, I bet alot of people can relate to this. It is worded very well too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to steal cigarettes off my mom
Ugh, I used to do that, too! Or she'd send me to the store to get them for her,wayyyyy back before you had to be 18 to get them, so they were used to seeing me there for them.

Great story digibomb!! I hope you hang with us, and if you have those struggles again, you pop in here to let us talk you down. Nothing has to be done alone.

Welcome back :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh, I used to do that, too! Or she'd send me to the store to get them for her,wayyyyy back before you had to be 18 to get them, so they were used to seeing me there for them.

Great story digibomb!! I hope you hang with us, and if you have those struggles again, you pop in here to let us talk you down. Nothing has to be done alone.

Awful behaviour eh?? But we were just stupid kids. I used to steal them and sell them in high school to get xxxx. Oopsy :p

It was great wasn't it?? I think alot of people will gain from it.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I loved reading that, I started off the same way. I used to steal cigarettes off my mom and I am still trying to stop too this day!

I quit for 3 years and last August I started again.
I truly understand the struggle.

I like the bob marley quote at the end too, one of my favourite quotes.

Keep up the good work dude!! Thanks for the story, I bet alot of people can relate to this. It is worded very well too.

Thanks! Bob Marley speaks only the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Lol, me too for my dad. He would pin a note to my shirt. Man things were different.

I’ll keep that mind ... always good to have a community to lean on.

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good job on vaping full time. :stars2::hearts: That is so awesome.
You just keep at it and keep telling your self why you're vaping full-time!
Gotta do it man. Have to. Have to stay away from those analog smokes.
I'm making myself and I do mean 'making' my self stay at 1/2 a pack and I will be making my self next month cut back even more. And so it will go until I quit 100%.
I just keep leaning on the folks here and on my vaporizer and keep doing the self talk and reminding myself of why.

As if that isn't enough have you checked your bank account lately? :banana: Yeah!
And what are you doing with all that extra money now that you're not smoking cigarettes?
That sounds like a topic for a fun forum don't you think? :idea:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Good job on vaping full time. :stars2::hearts: That is so awesome.
You just keep at it and keep telling your self why you're vaping full-time!
Gotta do it man. Have to. Have to stay away from those analog smokes.
I'm making myself and I do mean 'making' my self stay at 1/2 a pack and I will be making my self next month cut back even more. And so it will go until I quit 100%.
I just keep leaning on the folks here and on my vaporizer and keep doing the self talk and reminding myself of why.

As if that isn't enough have you checked your bank account lately? :banana: Yeah!
And what are you doing with all that extra money now that you're not smoking cigarettes?
That sounds like a topic for a fun forum don't you think? :idea:

Extra money! Lol .... vaping costs me more :) I've been back full time now fora about 3mths and already purchased a battlestar, voopoo drag, roundhouse mech, and today an athena. Plus a handful of RDAs, wires, cotton, tools, and tons of juice ...

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dunno. Vaping is so personalized and individual it would be hard to compare. Initial start can be pricey but I guess that depends on what you use for equipment, how much juice you go through, etc. I guess I've seen it work both ways where it can either cost you more or save you tons. Just me personally, it is saving me tons of money but then again I'm a low tech and low need kind of gal.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I dunno. Vaping is so personalized and individual it would be hard to compare. Initial start can be pricey but I guess that depends on what you use for equipment, how much juice you go through, etc. I guess I've seen it work both ways where it can either cost you more or save you tons. Just me personally, it is saving me tons of money but then again I'm a low tech and low need kind of gal.

True ... but for many I’ve talked too it’s usually more. Son many gadgets to buy

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Them gadgets will get ya in the wallet! :p They are fun and awesome though have to admit. :inlove:

Let's see, I've kept it low tech and low key and have been saving. I'll do a comparison for you. I smoked 1 pad of regular cigarettes at $6.50 a pack so that's $45.50 a week and $195.00 a month.

Yeah.......A freakin' hundred and ninety five dollars a month! And then I sat there wondering why I had no money! :crazy::giggle:

By comparison I use a Vaportech Verve 650 Sub Ohm vape pen kit that cost me $40.00 initially and a 5 pack of replacement coils ( 1 per week) was $7.00. My e. juice last me about a month and that runs about $20.00. So initial start up was $67.00. Compared to $195.00 I saved $128.00 off the bat. That's a one time investment. (O.K. maybe twice since I have a spare.)

Now I still do smoke but a pack of cigarettes is lasting me between 2 to 3 days as I now, thanks to vaping, only have a few analog smokes a day. I smoke between 6-10 a day max! So I'll buy 3 packs of cigarettes to last for a whole week (7 days.). That's $6.50 x 3 = $19.50 for the week and $78.00 for the month! Just on cigarettes alone that is a difference of $117.00 ($195.00- $78.00) I've been saving! There's a huge difference right there.

Since I already have my vape pen I only have to buy replacement coils every 5 weeks. Let's just round that off and say once a month. So once a month I spend $7.00 on coils. Once a month I spend $20.00 on juice. I don't go crazy with the flavors. I'm content with one and can do it for the whole month straight and be happy. I found some sale stuff too that was $6.00 because it was being discontinued. Good flavors! Grabbed three .

So let's see here. My total so far for November has been $27.00 plus the $18.00 new juice that's $45.00. Even if you add in the $78.00 I'm spending on smokes that brings my total to $123.00. I'm still $72.00 ahead for the month in comparison to spending $195.00 on analog cigarettes! :bliss:Oh yeah....and my health is improved tremendously!

I set a goal for December 17th to be 100% done with analog cigarettes. That means aside from buying my coils at $7.00 and juice at $20.00 I will be saving $168.00 a month by not smoking!

NO I'm not rich and can't afford a vacation. Got a life and bills and obligations like everyone but now I suddenly have money to pay them without having to work overtime constantly and cutting this corner and that corner or doing without this, and sacrificing that. Now I just vape and I live normally without spending obscene amounts of money on cigarettes. Wow! What a concept. Amazing what one can do with an extra $100.00 (more or less) a month.

Instead of literally going up in cigarette smoke, my money is going to the bills without my having to work overtime to pay them. A few pennies do manage to find their way into my savings account and a random one into my pocket every now and then. :vino: Just one more reason why I love vaping and hate big tobacco.

And yes, I'm also very modest when it comes to my vaping habit. For me, personally, vaping is a way to replace the nicotine in cigarettes and to stop smoking. Going low tech, inexpensive and modest works just fine. It does what I need it to do. For others vaping is more of a hobby and craft---an art form. This can get more expensive. No right or wrong. Just what fits your needs, wants, and personal tastes, goals and budget I guess.

VU Sponsors