Become a Patron!

My SX M died a Horrible death, Need to replace with????

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good Morning All,
I got my SX M in Feb of 2015 and I have been nothing but completely happy with it since it receipt into my hand. The only negatives I can find to say about it is the bottom battery cap could have been better and the fact that it is a single 18650 battery is a bit of a PITA but nothing too bad. The quality of the vape and the outstanding performance of this mod is out of this world.

Onto the story.... My SX M died over the weekend mostly because of my own doing and I need to replace it with another temp device. Since the SX M came out, there have been countless releases and difficult to keep up on them all. I am not sure if the 350 J board is still the top dog anymore or if something else has moved ahead in the game. IVP series look nice but I believe those are 330 series boards.
Anyway, any suggestions out there for devices that are comparable to the SX M? I may just go get another SX M but wanted to hear others thoughts on it..... I was hoping that by now, there would be some good commercial dualy 18650 boxes in the 350 j board but nothing that I can see that really turns my head....

(back to using my IVP 3 - NO TEMP and GD am I missing my SX M - LOLOLOL)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off, sorry to hear about your SXM :( . Second, I'm sure you know this, but the IPV3 Li is a TC mod. P4Y also released the IPV3 Li VR. Basically the same (not sure if the upgrade is already applied?) with CF sides. I think it looks sharp in black (I have a silver IPV3 Li). Lastly, it does use a SX330 V3SL chip. The DNA 200 is out, but nothing released yet that's caught my eye. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sucks dude.... sorry to hear, i guess it really depends on what youre looking for, the sxm is the only one with the firing mode options and that's what's got me hooked on it.
The only other one I that has caught my eye even a little since I got my sx has been the sig150 tc... it has 100j for ni200 but doesn't have memory locations or firing modes.

Sorry again dude

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used my ipv4 almost exclusively since I got it last week - love it!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
First off, sorry to hear about your SXM :( . Second, I'm sure you know this, but the IPV3 Li is a TC mod. P4Y also released the IPV3 Li VR. Basically the same (not sure if the upgrade is already applied?) with CF sides. I think it looks sharp in black (I have a silver IPV3 Li). Lastly, it does use a SX330 V3SL chip. The DNA 200 is out, but nothing released yet that's caught my eye. Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve.
I did give the IPV3 LI a look a few weeks back just to see whats it all about. At the time, I couldnt see replacing my SX for the IVP3 LI but today is a different story and I will give the IPV3 LI a serious consideration. On my IPV3, you loose your memory locations once you pull the batteries out. Is that still the case with the new IPV3 LI or does it retain its memory like the SX model? I have grown to love that feature and now that I am using the IPV3 again, I remember that resetting them every time I change batteries is a real PITA.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Sucks dude.... sorry to hear, i guess it really depends on what youre looking for, the sxm is the only one with the firing mode options and that's what's got me hooked on it.
The only other one I that has caught my eye even a little since I got my sx has been the sig150 tc... it has 100j for ni200 but doesn't have memory locations or firing modes.

Sorry again dude
Thanks for the kind words... it was a horrible thing to see it dead but it was all my doing and nothing to do with the device itself (very long story hahah ). I found that the firing modes although very nice, I only ever really used the standard but I did enjoy that gravity sensor.... I was looking at the sig 150 and it visually is a bit strange in my opinion at least from the photos. May need to hold one at my B&M to make a final decision. I very rarely vape over 35 - 40 Joules so the added power is not necessary, but the dual batteries is certainly a lovely feature... Are the Sig 150 using the 330 board as well? Guess I can check that out online as well..
Thanks again.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've used my ipv4 almost exclusively since I got it last week - love it!
Thats great to hear. I remember reading that many people were pissed about the IPV4 because shortly after release, they released the IPV3 LI and there were not going to me any more upgrades to the 4? Not sure how true that was either because of course everything you read on the internet is true... LOLOL

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did give the IPV3 LI a look a few weeks back just to see whats it all about. At the time, I couldnt see replacing my SX for the IVP3 LI but today is a different story and I will give the IPV3 LI a serious consideration. On my IPV3, you loose your memory locations once you pull the batteries out. Is that still the case with the new IPV3 LI or does it retain its memory like the SX model? I have grown to love that feature and now that I am using the IPV3 again, I remember that resetting them every time I change batteries is a real PITA.

Well atm, the memories are a mixed bag. In power mode (watts), the memories stay set (I just took out the batteries in mine to confirm). But in TC mode, you can't save the changes you make. To me that's a bug that I really hope gets fixed in a firmware upgrate (I know it's upgrade, that's just a little P4Y humor).

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the kind words... it was a horrible thing to see it dead but it was all my doing and nothing to do with the device itself (very long story hahah ). I found that the firing modes although very nice, I only ever really used the standard but I did enjoy that gravity sensor.... I was looking at the sig 150 and it visually is a bit strange in my opinion at least from the photos. May need to hold one at my B&M to make a final decision. I very rarely vape over 35 - 40 Joules so the added power is not necessary, but the dual batteries is certainly a lovely feature... Are the Sig 150 using the 330 board as well? Guess I can check that out online as well..
Thanks again.
From what I understand yes, they use a variant of that board.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well atm, the memories are a mixed bag. In power mode (watts), the memories stay set (I just took out the batteries in mine to confirm). But in TC mode, you can't save the changes you make. To me that's a bug that I really hope gets fixed in a firmware upgrate (I know it's upgrade, that's just a little P4Y humor).

Cheers,
Steve
hahah love the humor.
Well I am between the IPV3 LI, Sig 150 (possible 75 but most likely 150 due to dually 18650) or the SX M again. I was pondering the switch to TI just recently with the SX upgrade. I see the IPV3 will do TI but not so sure on the Sig 150 yet. More research to do... ahahah

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A quirk with the TC memory setting I just discovered. I was running it in TC mode.and had it set to 25.9J. When you asked the question, I switched to Power mode and checked the memories, took the battery out and they stayed (so far nothing unexpected). Then I put back on my Billow V2, switched back to TC and to my surprise, the 25.9J was still there.

Now its not setting a memory and the minute I scroll through the memories (in TC mode) it reverted back to its factory setting (10, 20, 30, 40, and 50J). But when I did a battery change, the TC adjustment stayed. I hope that at least makes a little bit of sense. Like I said I'm really hoping for a firmware upgrade that fixes the issue of being able to set and save the memories in TC mode.

PS The IPV3 Li is up to 50J in NI and 100J in Ti

Cheers,
Steve

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
A quirk with the TC memory setting I just discovered. I was running it in TC mode.and had it set to 25.9J. When you asked the question, I switched to Power mode and checked the memories, took the battery out and they stayed (so far nothing unexpected). Then I put back on my Billow V2, switched back to TC and to my surprise, the 25.9J was still there.

Now its not setting a memory and the minute I scroll through the memories (in TC mode) it reverted back to its factory setting (10, 20, 30, 40, and 50J). But when I did a battery change, the TC adjustment stayed. I hope that at least makes a little bit of sense. Like I said I'm really hoping for a firmware upgrade that fixes the issue of being able to set and save the memories in TC mode.

PS The IPV3 Li is up to 50J in NI and 100J in Ti

Cheers,
Steve
yes that does make sense and thank you for taking the time to test it out. Hopefully the firmware update will fix that but mainly as long as it retains the last setting is really the big part of that. If I have on atomizer XYZ and you change out the batteries, you will want to retain that setting as long as you are still using the same atomizer. If you change it, you will be re-locking in new resistances anyway so one more step to change the setting is not a big problem.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
hahah love the humor.
Well I am between the IPV3 LI, Sig 150 (possible 75 but most likely 150 due to dually 18650) or the SX M again. I was pondering the switch to TI just recently with the SX upgrade. I see the IPV3 will do TI but not so sure on the Sig 150 yet. More research to do... ahahah
Not throw another wrench in your plans but the dual sx350j from cloudtech is supposed to release next month. of course that's estimated but as a lover of the 350j chip I'm watching that like a hawk.
Then there's 'team evolv' I've been reading on the dna200 and it seams like once you get done fiddlefucking with the magic software that could be a viable option. Sounds like it depends on weather or not you're a fiddlefucker. Then again looks like you're looking for your all day workhorse.

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Not throw another wrench in your plans but the dual sx350j from cloudtech is supposed to release next month. of course that's estimated but as a lover of the 350j chip I'm watching that like a hawk.
Tone there's 'team evolv' I've been reading on the dna200 and it seams like once you get done fiddlefucking with the magic software that could be a viable option. Sounds like it depends on weather or not you're a fiddlefucker. Then again looks like you're looking for your all day workhorse.
Gotta love estimated release dates..... like the christmas that doesnt come till April lolol. That 350J chip is simply stellar...... and yes, this device would be my daily workhorse. I used the SX M everyday since mid Feb and never had a problem other than swapping batteries out frequently. I did find a site Vapor Lips that does custom box building. I asked them to quote out a dually with 350J box, custom powder coated and engraved. Might be worth it if I can get everything I wanted in one outstanding box with a lighted fire button lololol. For now, I am deeply investigating the I:pV3 LI / SIG 150 as my choices along with another SX M. Truthfully even though my IVP3 original does not have TC, vaping this pretty hard with Billows V2, dual coil K1 at .48 ohms 32W and the batteries are holding up much longer than I am used to and I am kinda really enjoying this missing feature...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cool! Ive been dripping on a hexohm 2.1 and keeping the sxm on tanks. Digging the no frills vaping-kinda like going from a Bentley to a ratrod.
Would love to know what they quote you!
Gotta love estimated release dates..... like the christmas that doesnt come till April lolol. That 350J chip is simply stellar...... and yes, this device would be my daily workhorse. I used the SX M everyday since mid Feb and never had a problem other than swapping batteries out frequently. I did find a site Vapor Lips that does custom box building. I asked them to quote out a dually with 350J box, custom powder coated and engraved. Might be worth it if I can get everything I wanted in one outstanding box with a lighted fire button lololol. For now, I am deeply investigating the I:pV3 LI / SIG 150 as my choices along with another SX M. Truthfully even though my IVP3 original does not have TC, vaping this pretty hard with Billows V2, dual coil K1 at .48 ohms 32W and the batteries are holding up much longer than I am used to and I am kinda really enjoying this missing feature...

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Cool! Ive been dripping on a hexohm 2.1 and keeping the sxm on tanks. Digging the no frills vaping-kinda like going from a Bentley to a ratrod.
Would love to know what they quote you!
I had forgotten what a non TC vape was like till I was forced into it again lolol. Def a much different vape than with TC. Cant say its bad at all,..... just different. Of course on my Billows V2 anything i put it in is very enjoyable. Using the no fills vape is certainly easier.. no worries about temp setting, resistance lock ins or whatever. But there is a reason I am looking for TC as I do find the quality of the vape more consistent than Non TC. Nice to come back to the grass roots every once in awhile. :).
I am excited to see their quote to as this would have everything I would want in a workhorse, custom to your liking, type mod. You can choose any box style, board, buttons, 510's on board charging, finishes etc.... so I am certainly stoked about this......

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cool! ive seen their site just haven't tried ti get in touch yet, was wsitijgnin that cloudmaker but I'm more than curious, and who knows.
I'm digging the nine tc for dripping but if tc topped out at 75 I would probably enjoy that too. With tanks I love it!

You could always get an asolo too

hogheadv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-150w-with-yihi-sx350j-temperature-control/
Just to give you more options this mod uses the sx350j chip with dual batteries. It is made of 3d printed nylon plastic so not sure if it is something you would be interested in but you can get it in a variety of colors. Unfortunately they want more than a sx mini m unless you want to assemble it yourself.
Edit: I know nothing of the company I posted this from, just the first option that popped up on a google search.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Cool! ive seen their site just haven't tried ti get in touch yet, was wsitijgnin that cloudmaker but I'm more than curious, and who knows.
I'm digging the nine tc for dripping but if tc topped out at 75 I would probably enjoy that too. With tanks I love it!

You could always get an asolo too
I was reading the thread here on the ASOLO and its torture to follow it along. I may just go with the VaporLips version depending on how the quote comes in. Been reading alot about them today and it appears they are top of their game and their work looks amazing from the photos posted. But I may still end up getting a cheap TC unit to hold me over till it comes in if thats the direction I go..... Thanks for the continuous thoughts and ideas....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was reading the thread here on the ASOLO and its torture to follow it along. I may just go with the VaporLips version depending on how the quote comes in. Been reading alot about them today and it appears they are top of their game and their work looks amazing from the photos posted. But I may still end up getting a cheap TC unit to hold me over till it comes in if thats the direction I go..... Thanks for the continuous thoughts and ideas....
Lol, im not a bad guy for a bigot racist. Lmao!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-150w-with-yihi-sx350j-temperature-control/
Just to give you more options this mod uses the sx350j chip with dual batteries. It is made of 3d printed nylon plastic so not sure if it is something you would be interested in but you can get it in a variety of colors. Unfortunately they want more than a sx mini m unless you want to assemble it yourself.
Edit: I know nothing of the company I posted this from, just the first option that popped up on a google search.
I did look at those boxer mods a few months back when I started thinking more serious about a dual 18650 for the 350J. To me they dont appeal at all to me. I appreciate their work but visually, it doesn't work for me. Its crazy how we all have our quirks on what we like and dislike. Smooth threads are another quirk of mine. If I get a tank that has rough or coarse threading, I cant use it lolololol.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe this is the company that threatened a reviewer with a lawsuit for giving them only a semi favorable score. Matt from SMM had something up about this a week or 2 ago

hogheadv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe this is the company that threatened a reviewer with a lawsuit for giving them only a semi favorable score. Matt from SMM had something up about this a week or 2 ago
Well that's not cool. I will have to look into that. I really have no interest in the mod myself but as it seemed to possibly fit what the OP was looking for I figured I would mention it. Definitely bullshit though if they are trying to silence a reviewer because of their opinion.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Wow, thats just crazy.....

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good Morning All,
I got my SX M in Feb of 2015 and I have been nothing but completely happy with it since it receipt into my hand. The only negatives I can find to say about it is the bottom battery cap could have been better and the fact that it is a single 18650 battery is a bit of a PITA but nothing too bad. The quality of the vape and the outstanding performance of this mod is out of this world.

Onto the story.... My SX M died over the weekend mostly because of my own doing and I need to replace it with another temp device. Since the SX M came out, there have been countless releases and difficult to keep up on them all. I am not sure if the 350 J board is still the top dog anymore or if something else has moved ahead in the game. IVP series look nice but I believe those are 330 series boards.
Anyway, any suggestions out there for devices that are comparable to the SX M? I may just go get another SX M but wanted to hear others thoughts on it..... I was hoping that by now, there would be some good commercial dualy 18650 boxes in the 350 j board but nothing that I can see that really turns my head....

(back to using my IVP 3 - NO TEMP and GD am I missing my SX M - LOLOLOL)

That's sad to hear. You could contact Perry at Varitube.com and see what it would take to replace the board for you out of warranty. He's a pretty good guy and may just hook you up. Or if your interested in selling the dead SXmini M PM me and maybe we could work out a price. :) There are a lot of temp devices on the market and lots are derived from Yihi chips below the SX350 series (not as many features, as accurate, don't go as low on resistance, etc..) they're still pretty good, just not quite as good as the SX350j we have in the SXmini m.

I'm sorry to hear that .. I actually had the same story , I used the SXmini box mod and that was really sucks ... I replaced it immediately from the website I used to buy from with snow wolf 200w with a good deal . I am really satisfied with :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
That's sad to hear. You could contact Perry at Varitube.com and see what it would take to replace the board for you out of warranty. He's a pretty good guy and may just hook you up. Or if your interested in selling the dead SXmini M PM me and maybe we could work out a price. :) There are a lot of temp devices on the market and lots are derived from Yihi chips below the SX350 series (not as many features, as accurate, don't go as low on resistance, etc..) they're still pretty good, just not quite as good as the SX350j we have in the SXmini m.
Sadly to report, I do not have the mod either. The entire SX M along with New Aspire Triton tank and new NI coil all feel deep into a spot where it could not be retrieved and even if it could, the water and muck would have killed it way before I could have found a method to get it (ugh). That 350J sure did spoil me but depending on how things go, I will replace it with a new 350J board in a dual 18650 mod, a new SX M. If I dont go that route the IPV3 or Sgi 150 all look good even though not as many features that I did enjoy with the 350J

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'm sorry to hear that .. I actually had the same story , I used the SXmini box mod and that was really sucks ... I replaced it immediately from the website I used to buy from with snow wolf 200w with a good deal . I am really satisfied with :)
How is that snowwolf 200? Been hearing more and more about it lately...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That sucks!!!!!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly to report, I do not have the mod either. The entire SX M along with New Aspire Triton tank and new NI coil all feel deep into a spot where it could not be retrieved and even if it could, the water and muck would have killed it way before I could have found a method to get it (ugh). That 350J sure did spoil me but depending on how things go, I will replace it with a new 350J board in a dual 18650 mod, a new SX M. If I dont go that route the IPV3 or Sgi 150 all look good even though not as many features that I did enjoy with the 350J

At least you didn't have the Billow V2 on it :) :) . Just messing around, it really is a bummer!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
At least you didn't have the Billow V2 on it :) :) . Just messing around, it really is a bummer!
You aint kidding. That would have been horrible. I bought the Triton and Billow at the same time and Billow v2 is the def winner between the two (esp since the Triton is gone lmao now). Least I can use the Billows to wrap Kanthal until I decide on a temp unit to pair it up with again.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

So the thing did a supersized version of the "Toilet Tango"?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
So the thing did a supersized version of the "Toilet Tango"?
Yup. Lost it to the big blue bowl. Worst thing is it was at a hippie fest first thing in am at a camp ground. So after a night of crazy activities no way could I try n retrieve it lolol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
IPV D2

11373873_807862659330304_2054322281_n.jpg
Have been looking at that too but starting to lean heavily back to dual batts

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok so I settled on a custom box build. Sx350j, 150 watt, dual 18650, on board charging. lighted switch, powder coated and custom engraved. Anyone interested in a custom dual box in any board configuration with endless options check out Vapor Lips. David is awesome to work with and prices are great. While I wait I'm gonna jump on a sig 75 w tc mod. If you need any info pm me

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
To hold me over till my custom gets here I picked up the sig 75 with the billows v2 on top. Nice little device. Really enjoying it
17ffde5ed6dcecb2cd4b638a2edecd23.jpg

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a sig 75 today and love it so far. Compact, well build and vapes great. Can't comment on the tc yet but my buddy at the vape shop says his works great...

It is single battery and doesn't seem to last a real long time at higher wattage, but it is nice to have a mod I can pack around that doesn't feel like a brick in my pocket!! I'd buy it again for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I got a sig 75 today and love it so far. Compact, well build and vapes great. Can't comment on the tc yet but my buddy at the vape shop says his works great...

It is single battery and doesn't seem to last a real long time at higher wattage, but it is nice to have a mod I can pack around that doesn't feel like a brick in my pocket!! I'd buy it again for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Couldn't have said it any better! (Except the tc part- loving it)

VU Sponsors