Become a Patron!

My Vaping Facts - Hint: They're all good!

My vaping facts!

New to the forum and I've wanted to join for a while but didn't until I had something to say.
Quit cigs after decades of smoking. The last 20 years were non filtered and RYO's. It took me two whole days to completely quit once I started vaping. I only saved about 3K bucks in the first year, this year I've spent 369 bucks on vape products. Cigs are 6.50 a pack in Ohio that combined with my extra health insurance premium of 1,800 / year would have cost me 4,200 bucks a year as a smoker. I could buy a new car on what I'm saving!

Why I'm posting in the heath area.

As a smoker I constantly had bogies, blew my nose throughout the day...that stopped completely in the first month. As a smoker I would occasionally get extremely sharp localized pains in my lungs, a bit like being poked with the end of a pencil...that stopped completely in a few months and has not returned. As a smoker I occasionally had asthma attacks, they have stopped. SOB (shortness of breath) it got really severe the last few years of cigs, improved by maybe 25% the first year of vaping, and this year another 25%. Nearly forgot, I usually burned my cig fingers at least 2 or 3 times a week...sometimes very badly when the cig stuck to my lips as I tried to pull it away from my mouth. Haven't burned myself 1 single time in 2 years!

What did my Doctor say at my last check up in June? Mouth, throat, etc... looked great, BP 112/70, O2 absorption rate 98%, blood work...all good except PSA numbers.
Gee what else? I no longer smell like an ashtray, the air in my house/garage/car has no cig odor, my clothing no longer smells of burnt tobacco.

All of the above are MY FACTS on 2 years of vaping!

What will I do if the FDA bans vaping...start buying cigarettes immediately!

Best Regards from a reformed smoker!

Wonky Dave - Ohio

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We need to hear from more people like you - my story is similar

Except with the FDA ban crap - I started stockpiling gear a long time ago - they can ban away

Will be a bummer for current smokers wanting to make the switch though....

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU dude and what a cool story. Glad you found your way here.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many health insurance companys still charge you smokers rate if you inhale nicotine.
And will test you for it.

Welcome to VU.

VU Sponsors