Become a Patron!

My Vaping Introduction

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Everyone!

My name is Matthew, this will be my fifth attempt to quit smoking cigarettes with e-cigarettes. I feel like this it might be different because I am leaving another addiction behind. I am using nicotine salt instead of regular e-juice and WTA. I have been cigarette free for almost three days now. I haven’t missed cigarettes at all.

The device I am using is an Eleaf iCare 2(Green) with 1.3ohm atomizers and using Naked 100 American Patriot (Nicotine Salt) - 35mg. I thought I would miss that morning cigarette feeling but I don’t.

Does anyone else use nicotine salt? If yes, what brand are you using, and what flavor and how many milligrams are you using?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Good morning and welcome Matthew. Kudos for giving vaping another shot. I've heard Mr. Salty ejuices talked about and Umba WTA is also well liked by many. 3 days is a great start, hoping it sticks for you this go around.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi Matthew and Kudos I recently purchased an iCare2 myself - I use it as more of a stealth vape / or quick nic dosage. For that device I use 25-30mg nic. Yes I use inc salts but I mix my own juice up, as for salt nic vendors that sell premade juice I have heard good things about Mr. Salty and the naked line which you already are using :)

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you everyone! The iCare 2 is great so far. I just worry about the atomizers somewhat right now. I’m not heavy vapor, well, not with nicotine salt. I thought about using WTA, but I want to get off those antidepressants at least for a little while. I’d want to smoke a pipe for the WTAs, I got sick off Aroma’s WTA(flu like symptoms). I’m not sure if Umba is different; but Umba was the WTA I was going to purchase had I went with WTA instead nicotine salt. However, from experience I am glad I went salt instead.

I’m glas to hear that Naked is a good salt juice. They had no reviews from where I purchased it from. I used the lowest mg they had which is 35mg that I am using. Does anyone know if nicotine salt e-juice has less flavor or if that being that device is small I don’t get much flavor. I hope when my sinuses totally clear up I can taste more.

Thank you everyone for your welcome

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
From my experience its not that salt nic juice has less flavor--as much as the mod. I can say... on my icare I can put 10% flavor but if I use the same ratio of flavor in a RDA or one of my tanks the flavor is much stronger - I would say it has more to do with the vapor production on the icare2. I really see this device as a nicotine delivery device and not strong flavor producer - not that its bad flavor its just not as good as other devices.
You could also go for higher PG levels to get more flavor from the device but this would require DIY and not premade juice.

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking that such a little device wouldn’t put out much flavor, but the Halo g6 cigalike puts out a lot of flavor, unless it’s because of their juice in their device. I’m think about mixing Halo’s juice with some juice from NicotineRiver. Halo has some really good juice.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Careful when mixing juices. More often than not you just end up with a muted good juice rather than a boosted weak juice. Doesn’t hurt to try and it does occasionally work, just mix a couple mls is all I'm getting at.

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn’t think about that. I was also thinking of NicotineRiver’s flavor concentrates for mixing when I order their nicotine salt juice. That’s $20 cheaper than ordering the flavoring than Halo’s 0nic juice. Halo just taste really good but I just want to stick with nic salt.

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I off question from what my topic is, but on the subject of nicotine salts. Can I vape nicotine salt in a Joyetech Ego AIO with 1.5ohm coils? The coils are reated between 15-20watts. Can someone fill me in, please?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I off question from what my topic is, but on the subject of nicotine salts. Can I vape nicotine salt in a Joyetech Ego AIO with 1.5ohm coils? The coils are reated between 15-20watts. Can someone fill me in, please?
Yo can vape salts in it yes. Not familiar with that device so not sure about pg/vg ratio to recommend.

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much everyone for your warm welcomes
However, I caved in and had a cigarette last night and one this morning. I’m not giving up vaping at all, even if I smoke one or two a day; I keep reading about WTA and my nicotine backup plan to the FDA Deeming regulations I will allow myself to switch to smoking a pipe with real pipe tobacco(not the dual pirpose).

Does anyone have experience with WTA and/or know anything of Umba Vapors WYA e-liquids?

I’d really appreciate any help I can get right now

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have read nothing but positive remarks about Umba across the forums.

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’m sorry if I mislead you, SkoldVape, but I do not have an AIO. Although I habe tried one out and I like it very much. I think I’ll get one if I can stay off cigarettes for a solid six weeks.

Letitia, that’s good to hear about the positive remarks about them. They are the most affordable WTAs I have seen on the market.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m sorry if I mislead you, SkoldVape, but I do not have an AIO. Although I habe tried one out and I like it very much. I think I’ll get one if I can stay off cigarettes for a solid six weeks.

Letitia, that’s good to hear about the positive remarks about them. They are the most affordable WTAs I have seen on the market.
No need to be sorry. I've obviously just got mixed up with a different thread haha.

Your using an I care so don't know why I thought that!

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first coil out of the 5pk already crapped out on me. I don’t remember the Joyetech Ego AIO doing this. I hope I won’t get too much nicotine from vaping nicotine salt in it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My first coil out of the 5pk already crapped out on me. I don’t remember the Joyetech Ego AIO doing this. I hope I won’t get too much nicotine from vaping nicotine salt in it.
You will know if you are getting too much nic. Your body will tell you; faint nausea, little head spin, slightly accelerated heartbeat.

MatthewCJ3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’ve had nicotine overdose, mostly felt by a lot of anxiety - easy to manage though. The salts juice works really good, I just wish there was a better device to vape salt in besides a pod....something more akin to a tank like the Kangers and Joyetechs.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I’ve had nicotine overdose, mostly felt by a lot of anxiety - easy to manage though. The salts juice works really good, I just wish there was a better device to vape salt in besides a pod....something more akin to a tank like the Kangers and Joyetechs.
You can vape salts in tanks, if sub ohm just use lower nic salt mg. Could swear I've posted this before.

VU Sponsors