Become a Patron!

My Vaping Journey

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't smoked a cigarette in 2 and a half years.

I use to smoke cigarettes on and off since 1980. About 2.5 years ago I got tired of it and bought one of those Njoy vape cigarettes from the gas station. The fellow told me it would last me two or three days. It only lasted about 8 hours. I liked the vape that came from the Njoy. I could hold something up to my mouth but could not see paying 7 bucks a day for a Njoy. Went to visit the local Vape Store within walking distance from my house and they hooked me up with 18mg tobacco flavor juice and a Vape Pen with a battery.

I out grew the Vape Pen(s) and bought a 50w Kangertech Sub Box Mini. I was on my way to Vape Heaven. I gradually reduced myself to using 3mg nicotine juice. Last month I bought a 75w Kangertech Top Box Mini.
Started out doing 25w for quite some time. Then 30w and now 35w. When I went to ECC show and sampled the juice just about every mod was set at 40w. Turn the Kangertech's up to 40w they don't seem to be consistent. The best mod at the ECC show one battery kind I thought was the Vapor Shark 75 DNA which passed the 40-50w watt test with ease. So I just bought that one online for $109. Awaiting for it in the mail.Plan on using it for my out and about mod with the Aspire Cleto tank. Good little tank does not leak and has great flavor and good clouds at 35w.

Soon I will have 3 mods plus a non regulated drip mod. Plus I got a ton of juice to go with at the ECC show. I got tired of using the same flavor all day long. The Vapor Shark mod I will use out and about and leave the others home. I really don't know what or where I rank as far as Vape Experience. I'd say I'm getting out of the beginner stage.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't know about Vapor Shark but most DNA mods don't come programed or with basic programing only. May not be the case but just letting you know. You can get the Escribe software and manual at the evolv web site.

AND: Welcome to the VU.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
congrats!!! I've been a shark fan since the dna30 released.
My adv is a flask with the dna167 or shark with the dna250.

They do come preprogrammed with some profiles as well as being all tuned for batteries and internal resistance.

Any other changes are more than doable in escribe, of course. That mod is awesome, and congrats again.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

IMHO, you are no longer a beginner.:vino:

Phase 2 building your own coils is getting closer and closer:headbang:

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

IMHO, you are no longer a beginner.:vino:

Phase 2 building your own coils is getting closer and closer:headbang:

Eventually. Im thinking very seriously about going that route. Can save some money. I have found the drip mods give better hits and taste better. I will read up about that's for sure.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eventually. Im thinking very seriously about going that route. Can save some money. I have found the drip mods give better hits and taste better. I will read up about that's for sure.
Looks like your well on you way down the rabbit hole...LOL

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't know about Vapor Shark but most DNA mods don't come programed or with basic programing only. May not be the case but just letting you know. You can get the Escribe software and manual at the evolv web site.

AND: Welcome to the VU.

The Vapor Shark Rep pretty much said it was good to go and came with the update already. So will see. Good to go could mean anything I guess. I hear they have good customer service so if I get in a bind I will call them. I imagine first time set up probably be calling them.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Vapor Shark Rep pretty much said it was good to go and came with the update already. So will see. Good to go could mean anything I guess. I hear they have good customer service so if I get in a bind I will call them. I imagine first time set up probably be calling them.
You can do that, they have excellent customer service
Also this thread here has become a DNA thread for all sorts of info
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hcigar-vt133-vt167-dual-18650-dna200-250.171476/

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Or you could come here. Lot's of helpful DNA lovers.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or you could come here. Lot's of helpful DNA lovers.

That's also part of my Vape Journey. A Vape Forum Member. I never realized how big the vape industry is until I went to the ECC show. I thought it was just Vapes Stores I'd seen driving around.

VU Sponsors