Become a Patron!

My Vaping Story (share/comment)

EZG

Member For 2 Years
Hey I'm fairly new in the vape world, it's been a month or 2, I'd like to know your opinion about the choices I made and the setup I ended up with. And what I could try/do to make my vaping experience better.

I use a KBOX Mini with its Toptank Mini and a custom tighter driptip. I prefer to vape MTL, direct lungs vaping isnt an option to me, I hate it and it triggers something weird in my throat that makes me caugh.

Coils I've tried:
Nichrome 0.5
Nichrome 1.2
Clapton 0.5 (dont know if it was Nichrome or Kanthal)
Ni200 0.15
SS 316L 0.5

I tried vaping with the 3 differents airflow position everytime with each coil. I also tried differents liquids with each coils. I vaped with Nichrome, SS and Clapton at different watt settings according to their limit. I tried TC with SS and Ni200.

Results:
I don't like TC for sure. First because even at lower setting I feel like the vapor is too hot for me (and even if it's not the case, that's how it felt), and because it drains my battery insanely fast !
I also don't like coils under 1ohm, because of the same reasons, vapor too hot, and it drains my battery.
I didn't notice any big changes about the quality of flavors when switching coils.
I settled with the medium airflow position, it's what feels the most natural to me.
So today what I like the best is Nichrome coils at 1.2. I use industrial Kangertech Nichrome coils for my everyday vape, and I recently started to build my own coils after ordering a pack of 100 pre-coiled1.2ohm Nichrome wires for or 3€, and I like it a lot too. The flavor with the RBA is a bit better, but the airflow is less 'fluid' since industrial coils use a vertical build which seems to help the airflow.
I started vaping at 12mg nicotin, now I like to vape around 3 or 6, I'm not sure yet. I'm at the point where I try to see if vaping 3mg makes me vape a lot more juice than 6mg or not. Because if I vape the same amount of juice at 3 that I do with 6, I might as well stick with 3,or even try 0 !
I prefer more and more heavy VG mixes. I think I'm gonna end up vaping max VG in the future, or 70/30 at least.

So that was my path with vaping these last few weeks. I don't know what else to try, even if I'm happy with the setup I currently use. I feel like I want to experience new things. I'm not sure if I should get another tank more suited for MTL vape or if the one I have is already good at it. I plan on making my own juices very soon since it's like 10 times cheaper than buying 10mL bottles in shops. I think I'll get a dripper later this year just to have fun with big clouds sometimes, but I wanna keep a stable everyday vape too.

Feel free to share your experience and give some ideas or your opinion about my vape habits

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND:vino:

Wow, just two months in and look at all you have learned and accomplished!

One suggestion is that if you wan't to get into RDA's for the flavor and clouds, consider a Sqounker Mod with an RDA that has a Bottom Flow connector pin.

You get all the benefits of an RDA without fussing with it after ever few vapes.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you like what you are doing - keep at it!

BTW, a dripper in and off itself does not make big clouds. It is the coil, airflow and vg that determine dense vapor.

While many folks use drippers exclusively, I find them good for testing juice flavors when I DIY and don't use them ever for everyday vaping.

It is always wise to have a back up for your vape because things do happen, especially when you are first vaping, and it can be very frustrating trying to figure out why your setup is misfunctioning. Back ups are very, very important.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First of all, WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND:vino:

Wow, just two months in and look at all you have learned and accomplished!

One suggestion is that if you wan't to get into RDA's for the flavor and clouds, consider a Sqounker Mod with an RDA that has a Bottom Flow connector pin.

You get all the benefits of an RDA without fussing with it after ever few vapes.

I too am a full-time squonker, lol

It was recommended to me when I first made the jump up from cigalikes and it was the best advice I ever received, lol

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with @JuicyLucy and @UncleRJ on squonking. You can get them real cheap now! I have one mechanical one and one DNA 75.

The mechanical one here cost me under $50. And it's great if u like no fuss electronics and easy to clean/maintain IMG_2941.JPG

The Hcigar Vt inbox is excellent with the DNA chip. Very customizable. I got this $75 excluding the Hadaly.. which cost as much as squonker :giggle: but regulated and affordable I recommend!IMG_2939.JPG

If you going more tanks, I recommend Smok Spirals Plus (holds 4 ml and it's compact for a 24.5 mm tank) IMG_2949.jpg
Im not a hardcore MtL and I know true MTL might say this is not an MTL tank. But true MTL likes a really dense tight draw. By trust me this is a very good close as it get MtL. Plus I recommend this because it's very new so easy to find coils. Oh and it comes with an RBA so you can rebuild your own coils if u like! And that's why I recommend this because once u get adventurous you can build your coils and see if you want to get into RDa/squonking! It's a good stepping stone with the RBA SECTION.

Nice to have you. And welcome to VU! Feel free to ask me anything.

Good luck!

EZG

Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the answers. Its the first time I hear about "Squonkers", with a quick google search and with what you just told me, it seems to be the perfect mix between a regular tank system and a dripper right ?
This is something that might interest me in the future... But I still feel like I prefer the advantages of a dripper, like being able to test different liquids within a few seconds, not being stuck with a full 10mL of the same juice in the "bottom tank".
Im not looking for the perfect hybrid system, I'd like to have my regular everyday system to go outside, and later buy something else to have fun (a dripper I guess). As JuicyLucy said, backup is important, having 2 different machines will makes me feel safer. Im aware that the dripper itself isnt the reason for huge clouds, but its the best way to setup the kind of coils producing these huge clouds right ?

At the moment I'm vaping 70% VG ("CloudNiners Mango") in my TopTank in a RBA. It seems to handle high VG pretty well. I'll try max VG soon.
I use "MangoJuice by VB" (60% VG) in my 2nd TopTank when Im bored with the other one.

At first I was into sweet juices like Vanilla Custard, Caramel, stuff like that. But now I like more and more fruitty juices, both 'Mango' I have are amazing !
And sweet juices seem to be harder to vape, requiring more watts to be vaped properly, and gurgling a lot more.

Do you have any max VG insanely good fruitty juice to recommend ? (sweet and fresh without being too sweet or too fresh lol, for example I dont really like vaping strawberries, it feels too heavy/sweet, and some mango i've tried are close to being too fresh, like the one from CloudNiners I currently use, extremely good but close to being too fresh)
I dont know if they make it but I had melon in mind, anybody tried melon ? It must be good... I'm not a big fan of the fruit mango, but the vaping juice is so good.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the answers. Its the first time I hear about "Squonkers", with a quick google search and with what you just told me, it seems to be the perfect mix between a regular tank system and a dripper right ?

Pretty much - but here is another advantage: you can use the squonk attie just like a dripper also

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty much - but here is another advantage: you can use the squonk attie just like a dripper also

Haha yea squonker is basically a dripper with a tube from the 510 to a bottle. So if u don't like to
Squeeze the bottle u can just drop Like a regular RdA.

I think you would like a line of ejuice by Naked. They use clean laboratories and high VG juices. They also have a great menthol fruity lined lord Naked 100. I had something called Brain freeze and it was a menthol promogrante kiwi strawberry. Amazing!

Oh and this is a candy/fruit but worth checking out. It's the only candy/fruit vape I like. Because I'm the opposite of you, I'm a dessert /Custard kinda guy. But the company is Mokuo Oyatsu. And the juice is White Gummi Bear. Ohhhhh man it's amazing. Taste like a white gummy bear exactly like its description. IMG_2951.PNG

Man there's so many brands it's hard you know?? But Naked and Mokuo Oyatsuo if u want something a lil different.

Good luck!

EZG

Member For 2 Years
Glad to see we still can find big bottles on the internet lol. There's a new law in Europe, or at least in France, that makes websites sell only 10mL bottles, they cant sell bigger ones...

Thanks for the tips but menthol isnt an option for me I really dont like it. On the other hand the white gummy bear looks sexy... I think its time to enter the blackhole and browse infinite pages on websites lol.

Is there something like a top 3 of the best websites for juices ? I'm not gonna order a lot anyway, I'd like to build my own juices as soon as possible, I just need to find out what I like and dislike first, and try a lot of flavors

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad to see we still can find big bottles on the internet lol. There's a new law in Europe, or at least in France, that makes websites sell only 10mL bottles, they cant sell bigger ones...

Thanks for the tips but menthol isnt an option for me I really dont like it. On the other hand the white gummy bear looks sexy... I think its time to enter the blackhole and browse infinite pages on websites lol.

Is there something like a top 3 of the best websites for juices ? I'm not gonna order a lot anyway, I'd like to build my own juices as soon as possible, I just need to find out what I like and dislike first, and try a lot of flavors

It's kind of hard to give juice recommendations because taste is so subjective!

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like aspenvalleyvapes.com and ejuicedirect.com. All my other sites are custards and creams lol. But if u wanna hear them anyways: adoreeLiquid.com , coilvapes.com

Yea that white gummi is not bad at all. It doesn't gunk up ur coils like regular candy juices. I don't even know how they must use natural flavorings that taste sweet instead of sweetener.

Have fun flavor chasing.

EZG

Member For 2 Years
I've read on some websites that high/max VG juice are more suited for subohm setups for warmer vapor. But even with my 1.2ohm coils, tight driptip, and the fact that I prefer colder vapor, I still like the taste of high VG juices better, and I dont like the hit of PG. The max I've tried for now is 70%. Do you guy think I'll be ok vaping 80% or even max VG juices ? Im gonna try to buy some 80% 90% and max VG to try, what do you guys think ? Any high VG vapers with a setup similar to mine out there ?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Might also want to look into a single coil RTA like the Merlin Mini, Ammit, Serpent Mini, etc. There are threads here for those in the General Rebuildable section. There is also an mtl thread in the tank section for things like the Kayfun tanks and others.

I never found pre built coils to be the answer for mtl. I rarely build, so moved to pod devices for mtl. I started with direct lung and pre built coils a few months into vaping, when the cough impulse went away.

EZG

Member For 2 Years
Might also want to look into a single coil RTA like the Merlin Mini, Ammit, Serpent Mini, etc. There are threads here for those in the General Rebuildable section. There is also an mtl thread in the tank section for things like the Kayfun tanks and others.

I never found pre built coils to be the answer for mtl. I rarely build, so moved to pod devices for mtl. I started with direct lung and pre built coils a few months into vaping, when the cough impulse went away.

I dont see how this is related to anything I experience ^^. I already have single coil rebuildable aromizers (6 of it for a nice rotation). I also use some indusrial coils sometimes. I have my toptank mini which is fine for now. You mean its worth upgrading my toptank for a more MTL oriented tank ?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out naked 100 for a good fruity juice. They have a good line with some variety.

EZG

Member For 2 Years
Ill check Naked 100 for sure, and the bottles look attractive (that works a lot on me lol). Thanks for the advice !
Im still trying to find a good online shop to buy what I need. I wanna try 2 fruitty juices (1 max VG and 1 80%), and 2 sweet/desert juices (same, max VG and 80% VG). So I can find out what kind of juice I'll build when I'll start the "DIY juices"

EZG

Member For 2 Years
Hey !
Sorry for digging out this topic but I wanted to share some of my new experiences and find some help lol.

I still am a MTL guy, no doubt about that, direct lung isnt for me for sure. But now, I MTL with max airflow, which is wierd right ? MTL is supposed to bring a tight vape to be close to a cigarette hit, but it happens that I like to MTL with a wide airflow.
I take slow and long hits, like 3-4seconds while hitting very slowly, on 1.2 ohm coils, at 16-18W depending on the juice.

That being said, I'm wondering if I should try 1.5 coils ? Or even 0.8 ? What do you think is more suited to my style ?
Im afraid that I will not like 0.8 because of the warmer vapor, I'm also afraid of getting dry hits because I take these long and slow hits.
And Im afraid that the 1.5 will not produce as much vapor as the 1.2, I dont want to end up frustrated lol.

What do you guys think ? Should I just stick with my 1.2 coils ? Or Will the 0.8 or 1.5 be beter for my style ?

(If you like fruitty juices, try mango, cherry, or melon, thats what I vape all day now)

VU Sponsors