Become a Patron!

My Vaping Story!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello VU, I've been trolling this site for quite a while just looking for general information about devices, ejuice, etc, decided I might as well make an account and try to contribute when I can!

My name is Derek, 34 years old and live in Aberdeen, SD. I go by Deeks which has been my nickname for probaby 20 years or so who knows lol. Been working for the Government for over 10 years as a Payroll Technician for Indian Health Service. Married for over 4 years and have a baby on the way woot woot!

Enough of the boring. I started vaping on November 30th, 2013 while on a trip to Lincoln, NE to visit my first and only nephew for the very first time. He was born in August and we finally were able to make the trip in late November to see him. At the time I was smoking over pack and a half of marb ultra-lights a day.. I started smoking heavilly when I was 16 or 17 and it only progressed from there. Anyways, I smoked probably over a pack just on the drive there and by the time we arrived I couldn't bring myself to hold my nephew considering how badly I smelled. Even as a smoker I knew how gross it was. My brother in law showed me his vape pen, which I had never seen nor heard of before, I gave it a couple toots and I was surprised how impressed I was by it. I checked with Wife to see if I could make an investment into a vaporizer and she gave me the green light. My BIL took me to a local B&M and got me set up on a 650mah EVOD pen, and a protank 2 mini and 3 15mil bottles of ejuice. It was great as a starter kit, but that didn't last long once I started looking into the more advanced vaporizers out there.

At approximately 5pm on 11/30/13 is when I smoked my last cigarette and I honestly have not missed them one bit. I smell so much better, I don't hack up lung butter, and I don't get nearly the sinus/allergy issues I have been accustomed to.

So now, its been over a year into my vaping voyage and it has become more than just a hobby for me, its almost an obsession but for all the right reasons as far as I'm concerned :) My wife doesn't mind me making the occasional purchases, well sometimes anyways ha, and I cannot see myself ever going back down the path of the cigarettes. I can't even stand the smell at this point. I now have 5 mech mods, at least 10 rda's, 2 rta's, and way more ejuice than a person should have! I love rebuilding coils, watching reviews, just anything vape related in general, like I said an obsession! I'm a loyal Nicoticket customer and that is the only place I've ever purchased juice from, other than the very first B&M that set me up. Love me a good custard and generally any dessert flavors!

KCVO!

Deeks

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Your story is the same as most of us here. You will fit right in here. Watch for contest, sales, advice, and all the information you could ever need. I've found some real nice, strange,happy people here also.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

Lots of knowledge to be found and shared here.

And lots of fun a well.

So jump right in!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
welcome, deeks. i enjoyed your story. :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations on your baby Deeks and welcome to the Underground. Lots of support, information and good people abound on the forum. Mayke yourself at home.

VU Sponsors