Become a Patron!

My VTR Setup

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello all,
A while ago, I posted a thread about a tank for the VTR. I walked into my local vape store. They had one brand new with the tank you see, for $50. That's a good deal. So I bought it and I wanted to show you guys a pic. My phone takes really good pics lol. But I have a skull mouth piece that I didn't put on. I may post a pic of it later. What do you think of the setup? It vapes really well.
IMG_20150215_225746_zpsgjbes2cr.jpg

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a nice set up for the money you paid. A lot of people are going to say you can get more watts for less money, but in my opinion, if 15w is enough for you, you couldn't get a better device. I still have one, and I still use it once in awhile, even though I have tons of higher wattage devices. I've actually been thinking about getting a sub-tank nano and trying it out with 1.2 ohm coil heads. I bet it would fit, and look good.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a nice set up for the money you paid. A lot of people are going to say you can get more watts for less money, but in my opinion, if 15w is enough for you, you couldn't get a better device. I still have one, and I still use it once in awhile, even though I have tons of higher wattage devices. I've actually been thinking about getting a sub-tank nano and trying it out with 1.2 ohm coil heads. I bet it would fit, and look good.
Hell, it probably would. IMO, I paid a good price.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell, it probably would. IMO, I paid a good price.
That VTR will get you through any Vape Apocalypse that may or may not ever happen. I own a VTR and I know all I'll ever need is an 18650 batt. and I'm good to go....Good deal for you too.:)

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Always wanted a VTR, looks great! That's a very reasonable price too.

In the current wattage race it's not even close, but talk about a sturdy, dependable device. My cash is going elsewhere as far as vaping gear right now, but if I ever get the chance to snag one of these bricks at a good price I'm certainly going to.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Always wanted a VTR, looks great! That's a very reasonable price too.

In the current wattage race it's not even close, but talk about a sturdy, dependable device. My cash is going elsewhere as far as vaping gear right now, but if I ever get the chance to snag one of these bricks at a good price I'm certainly going to.
Tbh the only thing I don't like about them (in my case) is how big and bulky it is. Don't get me wrong, box mods are great. But with a Galaxy Note 3, a wallet, and that, won't fit in 2 pockets. (I don't use my back pockets. it feels weird.) It also feels kinda heavy in your pocket. But the weight will vary depending on what tank is on. Mine came with an adapter so I can use small tanks on it. I actually own two VTR's. One was traded to me for an iTaste MVP. Bad deal. But hell, my friend got the shit end of the stick lol. He even gave me a battery charger, and two batteries for the VV. He had a charger that fitted it. I am going to post a comparison soon of both of mine. Is there a V2 of the VTR? One of mine is all silver, and the other has a dark green skin. It has a few slight differences too.

Last edited:

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's both of my VTR's. The one on the left I think is the newer version. Not too sure.The left VTR has an Kanger Aerotank V1 in it as the other one has the iClear X.1. The Aerotank has a custom mouth piece in it if you didn't know. (Sorry for double post.)
20150216_214858_zpsmkgqpfh8.jpg

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There were two versions, but they weren't really called v1 and v2. The silver one is the first iteration if i'm not mistaken. The main difference was the spinning wheel under the 510 connection. They did away with that when they came out with the green ones and updated silver ones (v2). I can't remember why they did this, it's been to long. BTW you can still get skins for these from jwraps and they look good. I have the black snakeskin.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There were two versions, but they weren't really called v1 and v2. The silver one is the first iteration if i'm not mistaken. The main difference was the spinning wheel under the 510 connection. They did away with that when they came out with the green ones and updated silver ones (v2). I can't remember why they did this, it's been to long. BTW you can still get skins for these from jwraps and they look good. I have the black snakeskin.
The guy at the vape store didn't know mine was silver. Hell, I didn't even know about the "V2" until I bought it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm fairly certain that if a VTR fell out of the baggage hold of an airliner at cruising altitude, it would spawn another ice age. If you are happy with it, and you are happy with what you paid for it.........WIN.

VU Sponsors