Become a Patron!

Myjet issues

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting my vape gear, but this one has left me stumped. I bought a Myjet so I could vape some higher nic juice while I'm at work.

This fucking thing keeps auto-firing. I can't charge it while a pod is attached because it pulse fires on it's own. Tonight, I was puffing along on it just fine and I set it on my end table. The bastard just starts firing with no end in sight sitting on the goddam table! I pulled the pod out and it keeps trying to fire. There's no juice anywhere to be found where it shouldn't be but I wiped down the contacts anyway and made sure no juice was in the air intake. Tried again and after a couple puffs it does the same damn thing.

There's VERY little info on this phenomenon so I'm reaching out to my VU homies for guidance. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, that sucks! Sorry, I don't have any advice...but i sure as hell won't be purchasing one of these.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Didn't know what they were til now. I thought this was something to do with printer ink, LOL. Obviously, I have no resolution, but curious as to why not just a simple MTL set up?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't know what they were til now. I thought this was something to do with printer ink, LOL. Obviously, I have no resolution, but curious as to why not just a simple MTL set up?

I liked the idea of the super small form factor of the pod system while still being able to use my DIY juice. It fits into the pen pockets on the sleeve of my chef coat. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think Wismec makes Myjet, that's probably the biggest problem.

I'd try something else, purhaps a Juul?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I liked the idea of the super small form factor of the pod system while still being able to use my DIY juice. It fits into the pen pockets on the sleeve of my chef coat. :)

Ah, well yeah, I can see that even something like a Pico could get too heavy for a shirt pocket. Gotta admit, something so compact could be handy.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about a little 30 watt iStick....damn those are tiny.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Wismec makes Myjet, that's probably the biggest problem.

I'd try something else, purhaps a Juul?

Funny, I never had any issues with my OG RX200... seems like they seriously went downhill after that.

My SO has a Juul and it's great, but I'm not crazy about being stuck with their juices especially at those prices.

I have a spare pod so I can give that one a shot. I'm just baffled as to why there's so little info on these malfunctioning. I suppose I could try returning it to the local shop I bought it from as well.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Funny, I never had any issues with my OG RX200... seems like they seriously went downhill after that.

My SO has a Juul and it's great, but I'm not crazy about being stuck with their juices especially at those prices.

I have a spare pod so I can give that one a shot. I'm just baffled as to why there's so little info on these malfunctioning. I suppose I could try returning it to the local shop I bought it from as well.

I looked into the MyJet in my never-ending quest to find a vape my Mr will use - all I could find online about them was complaints so never went there

So far, he likes the Juul best. Now I've bought quite a few for friends and family and they like them mainly, say it mimics smoking best, but it's only been a few weeks.

I took two drags from one and put it down for good - it way reminded me of smoking - a little too much for my liking

I have been following a thread where folks are hacking the Juul pods with DIY salts in the juice

I also have a Von Erl I use for stealth vaping while traveling - but it crapped out already, with only periodic use

The pods are very easy to hack with any juice you want

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Found the MyJet to be a spitback machine. Have a Juul for work.

Baby Beast is good low profile tank with either the v8 baby stick or any small mod and x4 coil. Blazer Nano for a looser mtl hit, good flavor. The smallest Blazer has filled the void from when I gave up on the old Kanger sub mini a year ago.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I took out the internals (you can slide them out from the bottom, CAREFULLY) and there didn't seem to be anything "wrong" with it. I noticed some kind of thin, metallic barrier glued to the top of the lipo looked a bit loose. I took a toothpick and pushed it down a bit. Still functioning a little wonky with the occasional misfire but it's not auto firing anymore. Weird.

If someone came out with a reliable, rebuildable, user refillable pod system they'd make a killing. That might be an endgame product for me

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I took out the internals (you can slide them out from the bottom, CAREFULLY) and there didn't seem to be anything "wrong" with it. I noticed some kind of thin, metallic barrier glued to the top of the lipo looked a bit loose. I took a toothpick and pushed it down a bit. Still functioning a little wonky with the occasional misfire but it's not auto firing anymore. Weird.

If someone came out with a reliable, rebuildable, user refillable pod system they'd make a killing. That might be an endgame product for me

It would for a lot of vapers - and tons more smokers would convert as well

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They still sell the iStick 20 watt mods that were smaller than a Bic lighter?

Those were the cats ass in the day.

Hell, the 30 watt iSticks aren't much bigger than a Bic. Not sure if they make them anymore either tho.

I can't think of the name of the atomizer I was using on the 20 & 30 watt iSticks, but they were tiny and the coils lasted forever...if I think of the name of that atomizer I'll edit the post.... @JuicyLucy prolly remembers the atomizer I'm thinking about...they had 1.2 ohm coils and another ohm coil.....Damn I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...and I still have a bunch of them here some place. We talked about um in the tuttle puffers thread at the other place alot. I remember the attys were like 10 bucks, and the coils were cheap as hell.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They still sell the iStick 20 watt mods that were smaller than a Bic lighter?

Those were the cats ass in the day.

Hell, the 30 watt iSticks aren't much bigger than a Bic. Not sure if they make them anymore either tho.

I can't think of the name of the atomizer I was using on the 20 & 30 watt iSticks, but they were tiny and the coils lasted forever...if I think of the name of that atomizer I'll edit the post.... @JuicyLucy prolly remembers the atomizer I'm thinking about...they had 1.2 ohm coils and another ohm coil.....Damn I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...and I still have a bunch of them here some place. We talked about um in the tuttle puffers thread at the other place alot. I remember the attys were like 10 bucks, and the coils were cheap as hell.

The Melo maybe?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, so this thing is getting trashed. Tried another pod, same result.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MyJet batteries have a warranty because I have gotten replacements from them. You will have to ship them back at your cost but it isn't expensive and they will send you express kits in return. (As long as they find them defective) Auto Firing is normally due to liquid in the air passage but sometimes the switch gets stuck and that can't be freed up. Give them a call or an email depending on where you got them from.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only stick form factor i own and the best in my honest opinion

aspire pockex

so small. Amazing vapour production for its size. Battery last almost all day of insane use. 2ml tank. Coils last literally a month. 5 coils are about 20 dollars which isnt cheap but the pockex is cheap and comes with 2 coils. Trust me its an amazing investment. And the best part is that its hella durable. Return the myjet and get one of these. Leakproof top airflow. Smaller shouldnt sacrafice quality or vapour production.

hope this helps, if a device is giving you hell try something totally different!!

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I think you have a defective unit. I had one that stuck on for a moment, pulled the pod cleaned it up and it was ok after that. I've had 5 Myjets, and love them, best thing I've had for stealth vaping. I make my own diy juice with nix salts. Two I've trashed after the batteries got weak after 6 months. I vape high pg and no spitting but ocassionally can suck a little juice out the tip if you don't keep that little side air hole cleaned out. I've also had a Cync (doesn't fire easily on a draw) and another pod mod that I forget the name of which shows it didn't work for me.
The only thing I don't like about the Myjet is I get at most one pod refill before the coil starts to taste nasty so I replace them often.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

aspire pockex

so small. Amazing vapour production for its size. Battery last almost all day of insane use. 2ml tank. Coils last literally a month. 5 coils are about 20 dollars which isnt cheap but the pockex is cheap and comes with 2 coils. Trust me its an amazing investment. And the best part is that its hella durable. Return the myjet and get one of these. Leakproof top airflow. Smaller shouldnt sacrafice quality or vapour production.

hope this helps, if a device is giving you hell try something totally different!!
Does the coil have airflow through it or is it like those Icare 1.1 coils with a solid bottom? I pass on any coil with no airflow through it that essentially spit boils the juice up as you draw on it, the icare was enough for me.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, the coils are well designed and i never experienced spitback. It can be had for around $25-$30 and id pay double for it. It chucks clouds for a little tiny thing and flavour is great. And whatever fancy cotton they use gives zero weird taste. The breakin period is non-existant which is my favourite pro. Another pro? Filling is easy as tits. Also the battery life is great and its a durable little bugger. Its much smaller in person and fits easily in a pocket or in your underwear if thats how you like it loljk

Experienced or new vaper. This is a great first device or add to your collection for that impressive stealth vape. Airflow isnt restricted like most small vapes. It actually feels smooth and works great with high vg juices. My dad uses mine now and he doesnt even care to upgrade. Hes a simple man who if something is good he wont change it. Trust me im some random guy on the internet for god sake!

the stainless steel is the sexiest. Has a really durable clear coat feels smooth and not shiny. Nice matte finish and- im not a vape reviewer just go buy the damn thing and thank me later

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

aspire pockex

Yeah, that little thing is sexy for a pen. :) If I didn't already have a bunch of small stealth vapes, I'd be up for one myself. If anybody's interested, hoosier ecigs has got em for 20 bucks for the kit. Comes with the pen, 2 extra .6 ohm coils and charging cable.

http://www.hoosierecig.com/Aspire-PockeX-Pocket-AIO-Kit_p_1812.html

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^ holy shit thats an amazing deal. If you need something like that youd be stupid not to jump on that. Seriously.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like someone answered our prayers! It may not be rebuildable as it stands now, but Smoking Vapor is releasing a new Mi-one styled pod system called the Mi-Pod. I'm definitely getting one when it comes out. Love my Mi-One and now I can switch flavors whenever, use nic salt juices, and it will be portable as all hell. Perfect for my upcoming honeymoon in October!

VU Sponsors