Become a Patron!

MyMagicMist Locked Out

This is me, @MyMagicMist. I had to reload my computer operating system again after moving, then again. In the shuffling around the pass phrase for here got lost. I'm fairly good with my pass codes, use a certain set for so much but with different ways for each thing. In other words I use salting, but you would need to be me to know which salt, or what time frame the salt switched along with other variables.

For example say I use ABBA as a pass phrase. Well I might do abab at one site, baba at another, bbaa for another and so on. Now, you go ahead and try using ABBA for one of my pass codes, you'll get jack. My pass codes are designed harder than the U.S. government or military can crack. I know this from having mates in both tell me so. The government only requires 14 characters. I use a "root" pass phrase that varies from 16 to 32 characters. They do not repeat.

My point is I use strong pass phrases but keep them easy for myself to use. As far as I'm aware none of them have been brute forced or rainbow tabled, to date. I might have to go back and crack some of my old RSA keys. Ha!

Do apologize I got locked out yet again. Perhaps, the forgot password algorithm for the site could be be made to work? Would have thought it would have been addressed, same thing happened last time. I clicked, left my user name and waited for a password reset email that never came.

Maybe someone can toss me a random pass key for single use? I can then reset my pass code. Probably use the one I had used to start, yet for whatever technology reason it tells me no dice. Damn machines.

The image I use as an avatar I have named the file BookFace.jpg if that's any help in identifying me. I could think of a few more ways but not all are acceptable of being printed out. *grin* I also figure y'all done know my way o' slinging words along. I couldn't be anyone else even trying.

@f1r3b1rd Tony or Michael @MrMeowgi ought to recognize me and I know the fine @JuicyLucy will as well as @Rhianne, --- "It's a me, Tom, no, Fred, no, George ... oh I must be Ben." @The Cromwell will fuss I sent him snow. I tried keeping it in our holler but couldn't go out and dance with it so lost control of it. The neighbor up the way recently had a traumatic happening, and I'd imagine me naked with bits dangling in a snow would traumatize all the more. Not that I'd really care but I'm sure she'd make it an issue.

The email address I use here is ben badge __ AT gmail Dot Com. You'll need to add in the numbers after combining the badge with ben, and take out the AT & Dot to get it. Figure you've that address on file. The numbers are the last two from my birth year. Easy enough to figure that out, also the last numbers of the company I was in while serving in the Navy. I was part of division 022 company __.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey magic mist.. I forwarded this to admin, will let you know via pm when I hear back.

Reactions: MMM

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm looking into it.

Reactions: MMM

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is me, @MyMagicMist. I had to reload my computer operating system again after moving, then again. In the shuffling around the pass phrase for here got lost. I'm fairly good with my pass codes, use a certain set for so much but with different ways for each thing. In other words I use salting, but you would need to be me to know which salt, or what time frame the salt switched along with other variables.

For example say I use ABBA as a pass phrase. Well I might do abab at one site, baba at another, bbaa for another and so on. Now, you go ahead and try using ABBA for one of my pass codes, you'll get jack. My pass codes are designed harder than the U.S. government or military can crack. I know this from having mates in both tell me so. The government only requires 14 characters. I use a "root" pass phrase that varies from 16 to 32 characters. They do not repeat.

My point is I use strong pass phrases but keep them easy for myself to use. As far as I'm aware none of them have been brute forced or rainbow tabled, to date. I might have to go back and crack some of my old RSA keys. Ha!

Do apologize I got locked out yet again. Perhaps, the forgot password algorithm for the site could be be made to work? Would have thought it would have been addressed, same thing happened last time. I clicked, left my user name and waited for a password reset email that never came.

Maybe someone can toss me a random pass key for single use? I can then reset my pass code. Probably use the one I had used to start, yet for whatever technology reason it tells me no dice. Damn machines.

The image I use as an avatar I have named the file BookFace.jpg if that's any help in identifying me. I could think of a few more ways but not all are acceptable of being printed out. *grin* I also figure y'all done know my way o' slinging words along. I couldn't be anyone else even trying.

@f1r3b1rd Tony or Michael @MrMeowgi ought to recognize me and I know the fine @JuicyLucy will as well as @Rhianne, --- "It's a me, Tom, no, Fred, no, George ... oh I must be Ben." @The Cromwell will fuss I sent him snow. I tried keeping it in our holler but couldn't go out and dance with it so lost control of it. The neighbor up the way recently had a traumatic happening, and I'd imagine me naked with bits dangling in a snow would traumatize all the more. Not that I'd really care but I'm sure she'd make it an issue.

The email address I use here is ben badge __ AT gmail Dot Com. You'll need to add in the numbers after combining the badge with ben, and take out the AT & Dot to get it. Figure you've that address on file. The numbers are the last two from my birth year. Easy enough to figure that out, also the last numbers of the company I was in while serving in the Navy. I was part of division 022 company __.

Check your PM's! ;)

VU Sponsors