Become a Patron!

mysterious tank shortage in my town

Okay so here's the deal:
I live in a good-sized city and have been vaping since '09 or so.
There are numerous vape shops in town and all sell a variety of juice & batteries.
But it is becoming extremely difficult to find disposable, refillable tanks, which used to be sold at every Walgreens, Walmart, and corner convenience store.
My question is, who the fuck is buying this juice and batteries, if tanks are globally unavailable?? I mean, what the hell can you do with juice & a battery, if you don't have a tank?
Even vape shops are no longer carrying them. One vape shop owner advised me to "order them online"; another advised me to "try head shops", since apparently the only people who require disposable, refillable tanks any longer are drug addicts who have modified their vapes in order to smoke "something illegal" out of them (note: I tried two head shops today, and neither sells tanks, although both sold juice and batteries).
Color me confused. Where to buy disposable, refillable tanks these days??

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Online I guess is the right answer - interesting first post

And welcome to VU :wave:

Are they all selling RBAs?

* note: I smoke the old-fashioned "vape pen" type. It's about the size of a pen, slightly thicker perhaps. I'd post a pic, but i do not have a device that can take pictures. The tanks I used to buy most often were e-joy brand; purple and black box, cost about seven bucks. Used to be available everywhere, including grocery store and 7-11. These tanks would last approximately 2 weeks before they'd spring a leak or start to taste burnt. Have these disappeared from the muthafucking PLANET, or what?? And if so, why are ten mils of juice still being sold everywhere, and why are batteries still being sold, and chargers, and for fuck sake Walgreens pharmacy is now selling mod kits?? I'm just saying: without a tank, how does all this magic happen? Where are you friends getting your tanks these days?

I don't know what RBAs means. They are selling prefilled tanks.... everywhere. But they're also selling 10 & 30 mls of juice everywhere, which means some people MUST still possess refillable tanks, or there would be no demand for this product. Right? Am I crazy?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Where do you live? Montana where they make dental floss! Old Frank Zappa song, lol

Well here you go if in the Austin area, yes I have a crystal ball.

View attachment 98323
I live in Austin. Today I went to vape logic on s congress- no tanks. Create a cig is selling tanks for a buck a piece ("They're obsolete; we're trying to get rid of them") but they don't work- i recently bought ten; one worked..... for a minute. Create-a Cig advised me to look "online". Vape Logic advised me to try "headshops". (I tried Cosmic Cowboy & Planet K; both sold batteries & juice, neither sold tanks). Am i insane, or did every store in Austin sell tanks up until recently? Drugstores, convenience stores, etc. Just.... why are batteries and juice still so widely available, but tanks aren't?

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Seems to be most M2L pen style devices are now made refillable and with replaceable coils. A $3 coil is much cheaper than a $15 for the whole cartridge. Seem those cartridge types are being phased out as more people favor mods that can be upgraded rather than replacing the entire unit.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live in Austin. Today I went to vape logic on s congress- no tanks. Create a cig is selling tanks for a buck a piece ("They're obsolete; we're trying to get rid of them") but they don't work- i recently bought ten; one worked..... for a minute. Create-a Cig advised me to look "online". Vape Logic advised me to try "headshops". (I tried Cosmic Cowboy & Planet K; both sold batteries & juice, neither sold tanks). Am i insane, or did every store in Austin sell tanks up until recently? Drugstores, convenience stores, etc. Just.... why are batteries and juice still so widely available, but tanks aren't?

I live an hour or so away. Did you try ecig.com downtown? Time for an upgrade. You can still get the MTL hit you are looking for with a mod and tank that has replaceable coils.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are searching on the internet, the topper you're looking for is called a CE4, originally called the Stardust. There are also variations of it which screw apart and allow you to replace the head, sometimes called the CE5. Both will work. Sometimes they are clearanced as part of a kit including battery.

As this forum is filled with hobbyists they typically dismiss this type of topper as it is basic compared to the more powerful and elaborate setups they like, yet I know a large number of smokers that have adopted them and are satisfied still. Good luck in your hunt - time to start Googling!

VU Sponsors