Become a Patron!

Naos Raptor 10A HELP!

So i'm trying to build a raptor 10a box mod,all i can find as far as diagrams are of the okr 10a,does anyone have an appropriate diagram,strictly for the raptor 10a chip? any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well if you really want to be a modder read the datasheets for both.

A quick glance shows that most or the parameters/specs that matter are identical. The pinout, the R-Trim resistances (which set output volts) etc. From a quick glance it seems the typical OKR diagrams should work.

And to rise above the typical hack modders I see making theses, take airflow into consideration when it comes to layout. At about ~85-90% efficiency overall that basically means that 10-15% will end up as heat, which needs to be dissipated. So don't cover the chip assembly with an insulating layer of heat shrink tubing, at the minimum, and some vents (holes) in your enclosure. People often set them above the batteries, a heat source, and right below the 510 connector, another heat source then seal them up tight in an unvented enclosure.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Raptor_10A_Wiring_Diagram_1024x1024.png

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

the above diagram is from this guy, the OKR vid will help with raptor chips

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow what a perfect example of what I was talking about.

OKR_sh_N.png

Completely covered and jammed into the hottest place in the enclosure.

A few tidbits from GE's datasheet:
Thermal Considerations

Power modules operate in a variety of thermal environments; however, sufficient cooling should be
provided to help ensure reliable operation. Considerations include ambient temperature, airflow, module power dissipation, and the need for increased reliability.

Keep in mind that these are being used for low sub ohm vaping, as the current load approaches it's max it is also generating more and more heat. That heat needs to be dissipated not trapped in the chip. The chip needs to breath... let it.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will adding a couple holes by the chip help with this?
Why not. Moving the converter to the bottom would also make sense as you would avoid atty heat and rising battery heat, plus the vent holes there would be less obtrusive.

VU Sponsors