Native Wicks Platinum Blend, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
c3678fe0ada0c2bc5215e2810c8ed1ad.jpg

Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This wicking material was sent to me directly from Native Wicks specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this cotton a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Wow! This stuff looks clean. It is just snow white. Soft and really fluffy as well.

Overview:

Native Wicks uses a high fiber cotton. Their cotton is processed in a cGMP facility and every batch is tested and certified before it goes out. Native Wicks is also made in the United States and uses a proprietary blend of fibers to enhance flavor, vapor production, wicking, and absorption

Up until this point I used regular Puff Pads from Amazon. I like many others thought cotton is cotton. What's the big deal? Boy was I ever wrong. I have to say that since using Native Wicks I am a believer in premium cotton. I’m not saying it makes a world of difference but there is a difference that a vaper with a good palette will definitely notice.

This cotton is white, white, white. I mean it looks as pure as the driven snow. When I put it next to my Puff Pads it actually makes them look yellow. Native Wicks does not come in pads. It comes in big strands rolled up in a resealable bag. The cotton itself is very thick and dense. There is a large bag and a small bag available. In the pic below Native Wicks is on the left and the Puff Pad is on the right. Look at how much cleaner the Native Wicks cotton is.
aad039cef75387a1b00700f01afcf588.jpg

At first I was like where do I cut this? Lol. I am so used to cutting strips from a pad. Basically what I do is I eyeball how much I need and then I pull some cotton off and tear it from the large strand. I find this the best way to use this cotton. It does take some practice to gauge it but after a few times you'll be doing this like a pro.

Once I have the proper amount of cotton I give it a nice roll. Then I pinch one end and roll it very tightly so I can get it through the coil. I pull the rest of the cotton through and make sure my wick is snug but not tight. Then I trim my wicks and wet them up.

I found the Native Wicks cotton very easy to work in a tank or RDA. It’s very fluffy and pliable. This cotton has great absorption properties and works well in whatever situation I use it in. I’ve run it in high and low builds and every time it performed flawlessly. It’s so fluffy and absorbent that I actually find myself not having to do the traditional comb out that I had to do with pads.

But Deuces, How Does It Vape:

I definitely get a cleaner taste from this cotton as opposed to the one I have been using for years. I get no funny, funky, taste in the beginning at all. Just pure clean flavor from the get go. The wicks do a more than adequate job of keeping up while chain vaping. This cotton also seems to last a longer than my Puff Pads and I find myself rewicking a lot less often.

Conclusion:

Like I said the difference is not night and day but it is definitely discernible to vaper with a decent palette. It’s funny, in the vaping community we always hear that taste is subjective and I really have to disagree and kind of chuckle whenever I hear that. I am of the opinion that taste is not subjective, flavor preference is. There's a big difference. Something either taste like it tastes or it does not. It’s either an accurate flavor or it is not. A donut tastes like a donut and vanilla ice cream tastes like vanilla ice cream. There are little nuances but the basic flavor has to be there. That’s why food and drink companies pay tasters big money. Because they have a better palette than the average person. That being said, if you have an accurate pallette then you will appreciate the clean flavor Native Wicks Platinum Blend provides. Even if your palette is not the greatest you will probably experience some cleaner more intense flavor when using this product.

In addition to the flavor this cotton is very easy to work with. It works well in all atomizers and wattages. So if you have always seen Native Wicks in vape shops and online stores but never gave it try, order some and see how you like it. They definitely made a believer out of me. I know I’m not going back to pads anytime soon.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

For more information about Native Wicks Platinum Blend please go to:

http://www.nativewickscotton.com/

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It looks like cotton bacon. Is it basically the same?

I haven't used cotton bacon in over a year but I wanna say it more like long strands of cotton, whereas native wicks is more fluffy.

That prly makes zero sense lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't used cotton bacon in over a year but I wanna say it more like long strands of cotton, whereas native wicks is more fluffy.

That prly makes zero sense lol.

Since I'm using the bacon I think I understand that.....i think. Lol

Jonsmiff

Member For 4 Years
Since I'm using the bacon I think I understand that.....i think. Lol
Native Wicks wicks a lot better than cotton bacon. It has zero break in if you wash your hands well before touching it and it's almost impossible to burn. I have literally vaped w no juice and the stuff will not burn. It's incredible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Native Wicks wicks a lot better than cotton bacon. It has zero break in if you wash your hands well before touching it and it's almost impossible to burn. I have literally vaped w no juice and the stuff will not burn. It's incredible.

I can attest to that as well. I've had some hits that should of made me cough for 10 mins because the wicks were dry, but nope.

You'll get burnt taste from your coils before u get it from your wicks.

Jonsmiff

Member For 4 Years
I can attest to that as well. I've had some hits that should of made me cough for 10 mins because the wicks were dry, but nope.

You'll get burnt taste from your coils before u get it from your wicks.

Lol yeah I agree. I taste my shitty coils before I get anything from the cotton.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All interesting points. Compared to pads bacon easily exceeds. I have a ton of pads, I don't use and two bags of bacon I am using. Guess it will be a while before I can try this.

VU Sponsors