Become a Patron!

Nautical Vaping - PVs are far better than combustibles in the marine environment.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am pleased to report that a PV is a dramatic improvement over combustibles when one is on a boat.

• Take a wave over the bow? Wipe the PV off with a beach towel and vape on.
  • Cruising at 30 mph and want to vape? No problem. Unlike Bic lighters, PVs are oblivious to wind.
  • Need to swim from the boat to the beach? A PV and a tank fit nicely in a ziplock sandwich bag, and most swim trunks have a pocket on the inside (ladies - I'll leave ya'll to your own devices on that one.. )
  • For us guys and gals with long hair, there is no problem with the wind whipping a lock of hair onto the end of your PV. No more shorties!
LOL. It's a new forum. When someone asks, now you can tell em to search for it. :eek:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was in Panama City Beach for a week recently......brought my boat for fishing everyday and taking the family out every afternoon behind Shell island for swimming and sunning. I will agree with everything you just said.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last year...... Ego and a Protank... .. Wow, that was "so last year" !!!

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This year.......Taifun and Semovar.....Vaping while lounging in the water.... Ive proven two of your points MD..... o_O No long hair anymore to "whip my Mod"......

Oh Yeah, ........"We dont need no stinkin Baggies".....:)

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I agree with every single statement you said.

May I add a kindly "Duhh"!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was tuna fishing 60 miles offshore (NJ) yesterday. Lanyard is a must when actively fishing. You forgot to mention impervious to fish slime!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Was tuna fishing 60 miles offshore (NJ) yesterday. Lanyard is a must when actively fishing. You forgot to mention impervious to fish slime!

Well, tell us about your catch!

And no fisherman's BS about the one that got away or mutinying the catch by two!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This year.......Taifun and Semovar.....Vaping while lounging in the water.... Ive proven two of your points MD..... o_O No long hair anymore to "whip my Mod"......

Oh Yeah, ........"We dont need no stinkin Baggies".....:)

Your water sure is a lot nicer than ours is. My wife and I have been discussing moving to FL as a stop for a couple of years before heading even further south to somewhere in the Caribbean. I just have to find a position within my company where I can work virtual, a transfer, or something with another company that pays the same or better. That's going to be the tricky part.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm 7 hours away from Florida. We've been thinking about the same thing. Florida anyway and close to a boat ramp

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, tell us about your catch!

And no fisherman's BS about the one that got away or mutinying the catch by two!
Left the dock @ 4am, got out the fishing grounds around 5:45. Nothing for the first hour, then some large thunderstorms began developing with lightning. We pulled our lines up and made a few runs to avoid the storms, landing us around Barnegat Ridge. Trolled the ridge for 2 hours catching 15 bonito to 8lbs and countless bluefish(they all went back). Not the target species but great tablefare none the less. Fun day on the water. Did I mention it didn't even rain inshore or on land? Pretty crazy and creepy to get caught in isolated storms 60 miles out into the ocean with no cell service or internet!

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everything (atleast the ecig part, not the fish) also applies to motorcycle and convertible car riding... :cool:

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Barnegat. I heard that was about as deep as most bath tubs.
Yeah, only about 55ft on the ridge dropping off to about 85ft. We started way further out in 180ft+ looking for tuna around some canyons but it was all thunder and lighting out there!! Stopped at Barnegat on the way in and saved the day with some bonito and blues...

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. We must be talking about a different Barnegat. A friend of mine took a 42' Sea Ray up there and bent up one of his props pretty good and he was in the marked channel. This was in Barnegat Bay. No channel in 55'-180' of water.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Barnegat Ridge is about 15 miles or so out of Barnegat Inlet. Oyster Creek and Double Creek channels in Barnegat Bay are very difficult to navigate and very shallow in some areas even in the marked channel (which changed again this year). You really need to know it to navigate. It's kind of a joke, see guys stuck all the time.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone needs to do a video of themselves vaping under water. LOL Put that bad boy in a ziploc bag with the drip tip out. Wrap a rubber band around the drip tip to seal. Put it in your mouth so water doesn't get it. Submerge vape and record.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That must have been the place.

Underwater vaping, eh. I guess it could be done, but I really don't see being able to do it more than once without getting water in the mouthpiece and coil. I can tell you that you can't make a video in the Chesapeake. It would be just a green screen.

VapDrak

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps diving with an compressor on the boat instead of bottles opens chances... :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That just made me think about an old diving suit with the helmet and an underwater welder.... guess you could strap your mod on a rubber band around your head and vape as needed...... or maybe a bit more practical, a mod in your pocket under the suite with a gooseneck going up through the helmet.

Ok...I got nothin... :D

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That just made me think about an old diving suit with the helmet and an underwater welder.... guess you could strap your mod on a rubber band around your head and vape as needed...... or maybe a bit more practical, a mod in your pocket under the suite with a gooseneck going up through the helmet.

Ok...I got nothin... :D

LMAO. You get a cookie for the effort.

Tap'd from my LG G2

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you used one of the old diving helmets that had the hose that ran to the compressor on the boat, you could put a T in the air line and attach a PV. There would need to be a signal of some sort worked out so the diver could signal someone on the boat to hit the button and give him a Vape.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you used one of the old diving helmets that had the hose that ran to the compressor on the boat, you could put a T in the air line and attach a PV. There would need to be a signal of some sort worked out so the diver could signal someone on the boat to hit the button and give him a Vape.

Thats the only thing thats been holding me back going for gold in Alaska. Who's alls in ?

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just realized that there might be a flaw in the helmet idea. The diver gives the signal to the surface, a mate hits the vape button, and the diver's helmet fills up with a massive cloud of key lime pie, the diver can't see the sharks coming his way, and then he dies.

The following day, the New York Times headline will be "Electronic Cigarettes cause shark attacks. We must ban them now!".

VU Sponsors