Become a Patron!

Nautilus BVC issues -.-

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So my first BVC coil was amazing, worked for a week+ but once I switched out my coils for a new kind of juice ( all of my juices are 50/50) I am getting a harsh taste, not really burnt or dry, but DEFINITELY not saturated and flavourful. There's also vapour coming out of the air flow holes after I take a puff. I figured it was a dud coil, so I went down to the B&M and grabbed a new pack, but the first one I tried is having the exact same problem. I dripped 4 or 5 drops right onto the coil as I filled the tank, and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes before starting to vape the new coils. Any idea why it's harsh with barely any flavour? It's like the complete opposite of the first coil I was using, and really bumming me out because I really don't have the money to be buying a crap load of gear right now.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just took a couple more toots, and it's stopped smoking through the air flow, and I'm getting a bit more flavour (maybe I need to break it in?) but it seems like it's attacking my throat really hard. I mean I'm vaping on Space Jam juice, which tasted delicious and smooth with the perfect throat hit out of my PT2, so I'm kinda confused :s

D

Donald Bickers

the olady uses BVC in her aspire et,,,,when I prime hers I put several,as in 8-10 drops in hers,and if it floods I blow it out,,,,seems to work fine

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You definitely need to let them break in , use lower wattage for the first puffing sessions , no need to drip directly on the coil (as a matter of fact i heard of a few people getting what your getting by doing this) i don't think it makes a difference actually but the ones who mentioned your issue did the same thing.

Install new coil finger tight (not overly tight) and let it sit for a while , these heads definitely need some usage before they really start to shine.

If you clean the coil and re use, they must be very dry or it will take a long time before they start performing well again.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you may want to check your wattage or voltage as aspire BVC @ 1.6 are kinda finicky,,,,from my experiences anyway

Yeah, i had issues with the 1.6 ones as well , the 1.8 seem to be a little better for me.

D

Donald Bickers

Yeah, i had issues with the 1.6 ones as well , the 1.8 seem to be a little better for me.
yea I hear ya,,,,the olady wants these and you know if mama aint happy,aint nobody happy,,,huh

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they are 1.6 -.- I turned it up from 4.2-4.8V and it's starting to get a bit better.

Donald, what do you mean by blowing it out?

D

Donald Bickers

the bvc have 4 holes instead of the 2 that bdc have

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Donald Bickers

they are 1.6 -.- I turned it up from 4.2-4.8V and it's starting to get a bit better.

take the bottom off the tank and put the bottom side of it in your mouth and blow the excess out in a paper towel

D

Donald Bickers

I myself would set your battery on watts instead of volts and start around 8.0 and work up from there till you hit the wattage you are comfy with,,,,,,,thats just my opinion

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see, what I do it take the drip tip off instead, and cover the hole with a paper towel and shake it out. Same outcome I believe. Thanks a lot for help guys, I think it was more in my head, but the first few puffs were EXTREMELY harsh.

D

Donald Bickers

myself I have better luck just blowing the coil out without the tank attached,,,,just an opinion

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya I truly burnt the second coil used, it must have been a dud, but this one seems like it should break in after some use. Anyone else think it's weird that they have 1.6 and 1,8 coils? What's the difference in .2 ohms? The only thing I can think of is a greedy move by aspire, having too much stock in different wires, so they used different types of wire instead of ordering more to keep it all consistent.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One more question, I know people have said if your BVC coild have a CE symbol on them, that they are clones. I was wondering if this is the same thing with the tanks? Because there is a HUGE CE symbol on the chimney in my tank that you can read clearly through the juice. Everything checked out authentic for me, but I'm double checking because I know it's not hard to take the real one out of the box and pop in a clone.

D

Donald Bickers

One more question, I know people have said if your BVC coild have a CE symbol on them, that they are clones. I was wondering if this is the same thing with the tanks? Because there is a HUGE CE symbol on the chimney in my tank that you can read clearly through the juice. Everything checked out authentic for me, but I'm double checking because I know it's not hard to take the real one out of the box and pop in a clone.
good question,,,all of my BVC have that on then and none of my BDC do,,,,,,hmmmm ,,,now you have me wondering

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
None of my BVC have CE but the chimney on my tank does. I tried sending a pic from my phone to my email but it's not working or else id show you, I'll get it uploaded in a little while.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My BVC coils don't have the CE on them. My chimney does along with some "don't throw in trash" symbol(trashcan in circle with line through it).

Does anybody have BVC coils with CE on them?

D

Donald Bickers

My BVC coils don't have the CE on them. My chimney does along with some "don't throw in trash" symbol(trashcan in circle with line through it).

Does anybody have BVC coils with CE on them?
I do

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm by no means an expert, and I will tell you I don't really have any hard evidence, but I've read in a couple different places that CE on a BVC coil means it's a fake.

Maybe if you have the extra cash to spare 2 of them, have one without CE and once with CE, and take them apart to see the difference in the coil/wicking material.

D

Donald Bickers

kRgNYHp.jpg

so this is a fake 1.6 ohm BVC?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. If it matters, mine are 1.6 Ohm coils. I'm pretty confident in the vendor I got them from too.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If my understanding is correct, yup that's a knock off

Either you or me have the fake one, and mines actually working pretty nice now that I've put 1.5mls through it... even then the "fake" ones might be completely safe to use and might actually work just as good.

D

Donald Bickers

I'm by no means an expert, and I will tell you I don't really have any hard evidence, but I've read in a couple different places that CE on a BVC coil means it's a fake.

Maybe if you have the extra cash to spare 2 of them, have one without CE and once with CE, and take them apart to see the difference in the coil/wicking material.
kRgNYHp.jpg

so this is a fake 1.6 ohm BVC?
these coils seem to work fine,,,,,im by no means against clones,if you can save money and still get quality

D

Donald Bickers

Interesting. If it matters, mine are 1.6 Ohm coils. I'm pretty confident in the vendor I got them from too.
mine are 1.6 ohm to,and im pretty confident in my vendor also,,,,,hhmmm,interesting

D

Donald Bickers

I guess one way of looking at it is ,,,if it aint broke don't fix it,,,,,my vendor sells these for a little over 7 bucks a 5 pak

Last edited by a moderator:

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a damn good price if they work well. The B&M here are literally robbing people compared to ordering stuff online it's ridiculous. 18.99 for a 5 pack of BVC, 79.99 for a MVP 2.0 etc... so stupid they have to mark prices up over 100% from what you can get online. That's why I mainly only go there for juice, since it's a gamble ordering juice from the states when customs can seize any nicotine products and refuse to refund your money.

D

Donald Bickers

I will also say,,,,the olady is the one that uses these and she loves them,myself I use rebuildable atomizers on a mech

typemgtst

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just checked my authentic BVC coils and they all have the CE symbol on them

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not the nautilus. Just the regular ones. The Nautilus ones don't have that on there
Yup I originally thought that CE meant they were fake, but the normal aspire ones have it on them so that's definitely not how you tell.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 3 Nautilus tanks have a CE on the chimney as well, and they passed the authentication check at aspire. That's probably the easiest way to see if your coils, etc are authentic. Scratch off the metalic covering to reveal the security code and check it at aspire.com

As for the BVCs, I think I blew my first coil as well. lol
Got it ready the same way I do the BDCs, basically just let it sit for 5 mins, and puffed pure burnt wick taste @ 10 watts with 100% VG juice. Blew some air into the tip to force a bubble into the tank and got some juice and got great vapor production for a few short hits but still had a burnt taste. Then it started to flood the base. Have it sitting upside down now to drain and will see what happens after half an hour or so. Maybe it's still salvageable, no clue.

Definitely need a different start up then the BDCs

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My 3 Nautilus tanks have a CE on the chimney as well, and they passed the authentication check at aspire. That's probably the easiest way to see if your coils, etc are authentic. Scratch off the metalic covering to reveal the security code and check it at aspire.com

As for the BVCs, I think I blew my first coil as well. lol
Got it ready the same way I do the BDCs, basically just let it sit for 5 mins, and puffed pure burnt wick taste @ 10 watts with 100% VG juice. Blew some air into the tip to force a bubble into the tank and got some juice and got great vapor production for a few short hits but still had a burnt taste. Then it started to flood the base. Have it sitting upside down now to drain and will see what happens after half an hour or so. Maybe it's still salvageable, no clue.

Definitely need a different start up then the BDCs
Some of the coils are just pure duds. The quality control isn't exactly up to par over in China so there are some coils that pass inspection that are simply defective. And when they burn out once, they are done. Throw it out cause that burnt taste isn't going to go away.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, there was no recovery from it. I had edited my above post an hour after posting it, but my power flickered due to bad weather resulting in my net going down before I could submit the edit.

I tried it an hour later and got a few good puffs out of it again, then airflow become ridiculously low and it started to flood from me trying to suck on it. I had the nautilus on the largest air hole but it felt like it was on the smallest. Took the atty out and sucked on just the atty and it was less then half the air flow of a new atty not yet used. So tossed it in the pile of old attys that I might sometime learn to rebuild and put in a new one. Let it sit over night to prime then did some 7 watt short puffs to check it and it seemed fine. Turned it up to 10 watts and been using it all day today.

Loving it. Hotter vape, stronger flavor, and more fog inhaled then the BDCs, it's what I've been missing since giving up cigs a few months ago.

VU Sponsors