Become a Patron!

Nautilus coil priming

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the nautilus for just over six months. I have 4 of them now. I must admit I'm still frustrated over installing a new cool. The instructions say wait two minutes to allow the coil to prime. Yea, right. Here is what I do:

1: replace coil, take a few puffs without power, stand up right over night.
2: replace coil, hold finger over air hole and puff till flooded. Allow juice time to fully wick (a few minutes), clear flood by hold tank sideways with air hole down and blowing through tank with a rag to catch juice coming out of air hole.
3: I haven't tried this yet. Before installing coil, flood wick with juice and allow time for juice to penetrate wick. Clean up coil and install.

If anyone has a tried and true method which is better, I'd love to hear it. Until then, I'll be counting the days until the aspire triton is released and hope it is a viable replacement.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just put it in let it sit for 10 mins than Vape.
They last for so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just put a few small drops of juice in the holes on the side of the coil before I screw it into the base. I also roll the whole thing around in my hand after filling it and putting it back together to make sure that there are no air bubbles trapped in it. It is more of a problem with the mini, but if an air bubble is blocking the hole, juice can't get in.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried priming the coil with 3 drops of juice. I rolled it around to make sure the juice was truly in the wicking material, then I left it on the cabinet for a bit. When I return, nothing had leaked out and it vaped fine. This is how I'll do it from now on. Thanks

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I should add that I primed my coil with a PG70/30VG mix I created just for this purpose, incase someone else finds this thread looking for a solution. Another thing I should mention that' I've learned is that the nautilus coils are not perfect. Don't think you can always vape at x watts. My last coil of five Vapes at 8w while the coil in my next pack vaped fine at 11.5w

VU Sponsors