Become a Patron!

Nautilus coils weird behaviour

Ive been vaping for about a year, however this is my first time on a forum, so bear with me.
My daily driver for vaping is an Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro (60W), to which I usually attach an Aspire Nautilus tank with the 1.8ohm coil. I usually keep the battery around 10W, seldom going as high as 12W.
Recently, however, the coil(s) in my nautilus have been awfully frustrating to deal with. When I install a new coil, primed and everything, the ohm readout on the Innokin battery usually reads about 1.82; which is normal.
Coils will usually last me around 2-3 weeks before the ohm reading begins to climb and it is time for a change, however recently it has taken no longer than ONE DAY (?!) for the brand new coil to go from ~1.8 ohms to 2.2! Resulting in an awful taste and lots of money on coils.
I have been through 5 coils in 8 days and am getting very frustrated, does anyone have any ideas?
(All of the "defective" coils came from the same 5-pack, is the pack possibly a dud?)

theycallmehydro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could the problem lie with the Battery? I doubt a 5-pack of coils would all be defective.

Thats what I thought too, but I can't think of any battery-related defect that could cause 5 coils to die so soon. I dont think that battery was firing at a higher wattage than it displayed, and I tried keeping it at 4.0V (rather than on Watt mode) for a day, to no avail.
I have also been using my Atlantis tank with the 0.3 ohm coil on the same battery for weeks now, and the coil is still running great.

Any more ideas guys? Maybe another brand of tanks I could switch to?
Cheers

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried the tank on a different mod?
Sounds like something may be shorting out and frying your coils.

Wow I never even thought of that. I guess signing up for a forum was a good idea!
A buddy of mine uses 1.6 ohm coils in him nautius, I'll bum one of those off him and see if anything improves; after trying my tank on another mod.
Thanks!

Solved! Yesterday I found an old pack of 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils in my car with one new coil left and decided to throw it in. My Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro read 1.79 ohms and stayed there for a whole day! Its vaping better and tasting much better.
So out of suspicion for a pack of phoney Nautilus coils (it was my first time buying from a new store) I tried to scratch off the "Scratch & Check" code on the back of the pack of dud coils, to find that it wasn't even a scratch sticker! It was just a plastic sticker!

Thanks for your help and be careful where you get your gear from!

VU Sponsors