Become a Patron!

Nautilus flavor gone

Until about a week ago, my Nautilus has been running like a champ. I couldn't have asked it to do any better.

My setup is the Nautilus, BVC mini coil, Tesla (4.4v), and running Andromeda 24 for fluid.

It fell out of my pocket and hit the ground, which cracked the glass. The taste was burnt and airy afterwards. I replaced the coil with the dual coil and the taste was the same. When I got home, I replaced the coil with a brand new dual coil and followed the same procedures that have always worked perfectly. This produced no result. I swapped the battery and tried a new BVC, and the taste was still the same.

I emptied the tank, filled it up with Andromeda 18, put my last dual coil in, and it made no difference.

I completely disassembled the tank, cleaned it profusely, allowed it to airdry, and went through every coil that I had in an attempt to bring the taste back. Today, I replaced the glass with the stainless unit, thinking that the only possible issue that I had left was to replace it. This produced no result.

I made my own coils from Rip Tripper's video, and the taste was a small tad better, but the burnt and airy taste is still present. I'm at a loss here.

Suggestions?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Until about a week ago, my Nautilus has been running like a champ. I couldn't have asked it to do any better.

My setup is the Nautilus, BVC mini coil, Tesla (4.4v), and running Andromeda 24 for fluid.

It fell out of my pocket and hit the ground, which cracked the glass. The taste was burnt and airy afterwards. I replaced the coil with the dual coil and the taste was the same. When I got home, I replaced the coil with a brand new dual coil and followed the same procedures that have always worked perfectly. This produced no result. I swapped the battery and tried a new BVC, and the taste was still the same.

I emptied the tank, filled it up with Andromeda 18, put my last dual coil in, and it made no difference.

I completely disassembled the tank, cleaned it profusely, allowed it to airdry, and went through every coil that I had in an attempt to bring the taste back. Today, I replaced the glass with the stainless unit, thinking that the only possible issue that I had left was to replace it. This produced no result.

I made my own coils from Rip Tripper's video, and the taste was a small tad better, but the burnt and airy taste is still present. I'm at a loss here.

Suggestions?
Just to be sure I'm understanding you... this is on a Tesla mod or the Tesla Spider ego?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it could be that you bent the threading on it, not allowing it to seal properly. If that is the case, you will lose the vacuum that pulls juice into the coil, burning the coil. Another problem might be, the dreaded vape tongue.

Just to be sure I'm understanding you... this is on a Tesla mod or the Tesla Spider ego?

Running the mod.

it could be that you bent the threading on it, not allowing it to seal properly. If that is the case, you will lose the vacuum that pulls juice into the coil, burning the coil. Another problem might be, the dreaded vape tongue.

I can't remember if I checked that or not. Either way, it wasn't at the top of my list, so I know that it didn't get checked properly. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm getting VT. The Andromeda flavor has slightly diminished over the past few months. However, the flavor saw a drastic decrease immediately after I dropped it. Since the first post I've gone through every coil that I had (around 15), good and bad, and found one BVC that barely gets me by. Even then, it still isn't running top notch.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, its my bet that its not building a vacuum correctly. Get a new tank my friend.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the glass is cracked (even just a hairline) it can't maintain the pressure needed to feed the juice through the coils - thus, no vape. Just replace the glass tank, with another - or stainless and you should be good to go.

If the glass is cracked (even just a hairline) it can't maintain the pressure needed to feed the juice through the coils - thus, no vape. Just replace the glass tank, with another - or stainless and you should be good to go.

First post: I replaced the glass with the stainless unit, thinking that the only possible issue that I had left was to replace it. This produced no result.

However, that does bring up a topic that I'll get to later.

Anyway, I fixed the issue. Well, I fixed all of them.

When I dropped the tank, I cracked the glass at the mouthpiece. When I replaced the coil last night, I noticed that the spring that maintains the positive contact between the contact and the bottom of the coil was pressed down into the contact at the base of the tank. It was only barely touching the coil. After freeing that up, the problem was fixed completely.

Now on to the glass. Since the glass was chipped (around 40-45% of the circumference), the glass was pressing into the mouthpiece seal in one area and not the other. Since the tank sees a vacuum when you inhale, I'd like to think that only a small amount of fluid comes from the tank; the rest is from what has previously saturated the coil. Obviously, the fluid will cease to flow immediately after the pressure in the tank has dropped to that of what you are creating from inhaling. When you stop inhaling, the pressure equalizes and causes some fluid to flow back into the tank, which is mitigated by the "sponge effect" (couldn't remember the techincal term off hand) of the coil. This is why a smaller air hole will give more flavor and why chain vaping will eventually give dry hits. Again, this is all from my thinking.

With that being said, a cracked tank would allow airflow into the tank itself, allowing constant airflow through the tank, resulting in more fluid being pulled into the coil and airstream. This is because the tank is now equalizing between 2 pressures (atmospheric and the vacuum of inhaling) and not just one (just inhaling).

When fluid evaporates from any surface (the coil in this instance), it taks heat with it. When a coil is super saturated, it now has more mass to heat AND the heat it does produce is being drawn away, which is why an overly saturated coil will produce very little. This is what was happening with my setup. My immediate thought was, "very little, cold vapor = need more power." This is how I roasted my coils in the instances where my spring was actually touching the coil.

Short version: I freed my spring up and repalced the glass = fixed the problem.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No tank left behind! Grats on getting her fixed up. Nothing worse than having to bury a tank.

VU Sponsors