Become a Patron!

Nautilus Mini

Hi guys,

After 7-8 months of using a Kanger Evod as my first e-cig, I decided to move onto a seemingly better build.
I switched to the Aspire Premium Kit and received it just a few hours ago. I filled the Nautilus mini tank with my favourite e-liquid and let it soak for a few minutes. As soon as I started to vape, all I could taste was this horrible taste that I can only liken to the smell of those yellow sponge cube things that you find in urinals (for the women on this forum - it's really not a pleasant smell). Is the bad taste a common thing with new Nautilus Mini tanks or does it seem to be that I have just received a bad tank? Any ideas or fixes or better tanks compatible with the Aspire VV+ battery?

ckf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The first few hits on a new coil with my Nautilus tanks don't taste all that good. By the time I take 4 or 5 drags it tastes fine.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just put a few drops of juice down into the coil before you screw it all together when switching to a new fresh coil

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have nothing but love for the Nautilus Mini. If I have a new atomizer though, I usually let it sit with eLiquid in it for a half an hour minimum to soak up all the goodness. Then I do a few dry hits before I finally vape it.

Had the same thing happen with a new juice in mine. After a few puffs it was good. The priming does help when I have tried it.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried priming a few mn coils but each time it shorted them and I had to wait half hour for them to work again ?

Also, there's clonned coil heads out there. Sometimes you can tell the difference by how it's made - the clones are only have threading at the base whereas the authentics have threading both at the top and bottom.

samjoseph1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"The smell of those yellow sponge cube things that you find in urinals"...dude, I must say I cannot even picture that, lol!!!

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"The smell of those yellow sponge cube things that you find in urinals"...dude, I must say I cannot even picture that, lol!!!
Doesn’t that sound AWFUL! I've never been in a men's bathroom and now I hope I'll never have to be! YUCK.

VU Sponsors