Nautilus X issue

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently purchased a nautilus x. I was a dripper before, never used tanks, But I was getting tired of spending so much money on juice, and also wanted something more convenient. When I first got it it was working great, I was using the pre installed coil for a week before changing it, and it still could have lasted longer. since then I have been having issues, went through about 4 coils in couple weeks. coil works ok at first, then somtimes it will taste like crap, kind of burnt, and it will give barely any vapor. it seems to happen more after filling it as well. On a coil 2-3 days old it shouldn't be bad already. I also start coil out at like 14 watts slowly increasing over day to 18 watts to break it in. I am using vapetasia killer kustard, which is a 70 vg 30 pg juice. Im wondering if thats the problem, the juice is to thick? but I have heard people use it with 70 vg even 80 vg fine. it has big wick holes.. other then that I like the tank, when it performs good. I think i am going to get some thinner juice. 60 vg 40 pg, some lost art cottontail cream, and maybe some g2 mr.cookie or vazilla. and hopefully that fixes the issue you think?

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya I was thinking that, but it wasn't just one coil, it was like 3. There can be several out of a blister pack that are crappy duds? I think a 60 vg should help perform better as well. Also the wick holes are not as big as they appear to be. I took one apart, and only upper half is a open hole, bottom half is metal. Not sure why they did that..

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya I was thinking that, but it wasn't just one coil, it was like 3. There can be several out of a blister pack that are crappy duds? I think a 60 vg should help perform better as well. Also the wick holes are not as big as they appear to be. I took one apart, and only upper half is a open hole, bottom half is metal. Not sure why they did that..
Since you are familiar with building coils, you might want to consider getting a RTA, or RDTA.

VU Sponsors