Become a Patron!

BigCryBaby

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My new NEBOX was starting to taste a little off, so I decided to replace the coil and then (This was the factory installed coil)...............................
The problems
1). The wattage drops when fired from 60W to 1.4W then briefly states temp protect with in a second or two. It fires for about a half a second.
Here is is what I have done so far.
A). Installed an fresh new M.X.J.O. 3000 m.A.h. battery.
B). Installed a fresh new Coil, two times, thought maybe I may have had a bad coil.
C). Changed the presets as well as changing the presets back.
I am not new to vaping, but I am new to the NEBOX, I guess everyone is new to the Nebox. I love it and it is perfect. All in one with a large tank, fits in the pocket, doesn't drown or gurgle if it goes upside down for a little bit.
For the price,convenience, and technology the NEBOX is the best invention since the wheel. Sending it in for a warranty repair is an option. However, in my experience a warranty repair turns out to be something that was or is "my fault".
Any thoughts on my tales of woe will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Matt
______________________________________________________________________________________
我的新NEBOX开始味道有点过,所以我决定更换线圈,然后...............................
问题
1)。从60W被炒到1.4W然后简要陈述在一两秒钟的临时保护时,功率下降。它激发了大约半秒。
这里是我迄今所做的。
A)。安装了一个全新的M.X.J.O. 3000 m.A.h.电池。
B)。安装一个全新的线圈,两次,想也许我可能有一个坏的线圈。
C)。改变了预设,以及改变预设回来。
我不是新的vaping,但我是新来的NEBOX,我想每个人都是新来的Nebox。我喜欢它,它是完美的。在一个有一个大水箱,在口袋里千篇一律,没有淹死,或者如果它去倒一点点汩汩。
对于价格,方便,和技术NEBOX是由于轮最好发明。在发送它保修维修是一个选项。然而,在我的经验,保外维修结果是什么,这是下或“我的错”。
在我的悲惨经历任何想法将不胜感激。
商祺
马特

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the only thing I could think of right now:

Are you using the Ni200 coils, or the SS coils?
If you're using the SS coils in Ni TC mode, it won't register correctly (they have different TCR values) and could cause these issues, or vice versa. Double check your coil type, and then make sure you're in the right mode.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TC is a known issue with the Nebox. I only use the clapton coils in power mode - I've never bothered with the Ni200 coils knowing about the TC issues.

BigCryBaby

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the only thing I could think of right now:

Are you using the Ni200 coils, or the SS coils?
If you're using the SS coils in Ni TC mode, it won't register correctly (they have different TCR values) and could cause these issues, or vice versa. Double check your coil type, and then make sure you're in the right mode.

I am using the one that came with the mod SSOCC Coil (0.15 Ohms). I replaced the coil but neglected to answer the questions. Just pushed my way through them. So I shut it down, rechecked what I had done or didn't do ha-ha. I also changed the presets for it wasn't full blown 60 watts. Seems to be working fine. Thank goodness, I love the NEBOX.
Thank-You so much for your help
Matt

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Nebox comes with the Ni200 coil pre-installed (0.15ohm), and SSOCC replacements. If you swapped out the coil without switching the modes, then that's what was causing your issue. Alot of SS coil have nickel legs, so the mod will read the nickel legs and think the whole coil is nickel, instead of SS. This could be why it was reading like it was, it was recognizing the nickel legs in Ni TC mode, even though the coil was SS. Here's a reference for the coils you can get for your Nebox (or you can build your own coils with the RBA)

Available Coils:
SS - 0.5Ω/ohm
SS - Clapton - 0.5Ω/ohm
SS - 1.2Ω/ohm
SS - 1.5Ω/ohm
Ni200 - 0.15Ω/ohm (Nickel Coil for temp control devices)

Hope this helps :D

BigCryBaby

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The TC is a known issue with the Nebox. I only use the clapton coils in power mode - I've never bothered with the Ni200 coils knowing about the TC issues.

Hey AmandaD,
How are you? Well between You and DED420, I am back in business again. I am not sure what it was that fixed it. But, I am happy now, I really do love the NEBOX. Wonder who will be next for an all in one mod. Thank-You so much for your help, knowing me it was probably something I did or didn't do. The fact that I can not wait till bugs are removed, must have it Now! Great job on your part, on ditching the cigarettes. The only obvious thing I did was reduce one of the presets Max. Wattage from 60 to 30 and lower the temperature quite a bit. Its a comfortable preset for me.
Thank-You Again
Matt

BigCryBaby

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Nebox comes with the Ni200 coil pre-installed (0.15ohm), and SSOCC replacements. If you swapped out the coil without switching the modes, then that's what was causing your issue. Alot of SS coil have nickel legs, so the mod will read the nickel legs and think the whole coil is nickel, instead of SS. This could be why it was reading like it was, it was recognizing the nickel legs in Ni TC mode, even though the coil was SS. Here's a reference for the coils you can get for your Nebox (or you can build your own coils with the RBA)

Available Coils:
SS - 0.5Ω/ohm
SS - Clapton - 0.5Ω/ohm
SS - 1.2Ω/ohm
SS - 1.5Ω/ohm
Ni200 - 0.15Ω/ohm (Nickel Coil for temp control devices)
Hope this helps :D

Hi DED420,
Thank-You for the generous information, homework, and time for the NEBOX specific coils available for the NEBOX. This will indeed help me so much. I love my NEBOX and would be seriously bummed if it was a brick. If it were between a pace maker and a NEBOX, the NEBOX would win. I do believe you hit the nail on the head, it started working correctly after I changed the presets. DED420, in a small country you would be a god, I tip my hat to you.
Thank-You Again
Matt
Clearwater, Florida

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a problem buddy, that's what we're here for :D We're always glad to help (or at least when we can lol)

VU Sponsors