Become a Patron!

need a better tank for max VG and possibly subohm

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey im on the eGo one mega now with the Ti 0.4 coil and it's not so good i keep getting dry hits and it leaks when the juice levels are low and i was wondering if any1 knew bout another tank that don't give u dry hits on high temps and while using max vg.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using a subtank plus and mini at 35 watts with 60/40 mix with 0 dry hits . It took me a while to find the best ratio for them , hope that helps . I do have a melo 2 and a uwell crown on the way . To be del ever by friday , I have high hopes for these . I can let you know whenever they get here .

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If PG sensitive use a few drops of distilled water to thin it out .
Isn't the accepted ratio approximately1 drop per milliliter? That's what I put in my ego1 tanks as well when vaping high vg mixtures. It crackles more than not using any but it also doesn't get the dry/burnt hits anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
hey im on the eGo one mega now with the Ti 0.4 coil and it's not so good i keep getting dry hits and it leaks when the juice levels are low and i was wondering if any1 knew bout another tank that don't give u dry hits on high temps and while using max vg.
You can try the TFV4 or the Crown, they are supposed to be the absolute best for Max VG liquids. What mod are you using? The mod is a big part of the equation too ...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ego one is a horrible tank - I had the same experience!

I use the Crown with max VG, and it wicks beautifully - moreover it doesn't leak :)

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im using the joytech evic-vt with the ego one mega

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same setup! You'll want to use the 1.2 or 0.5 coils if you do end up with a Crown - the 0.25 coils need more wattage!
how big is the difference on 1.2 vs 0.5 and is 0.25 way to low for the evic?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how big is the difference pm 1.2 vs 0.5 and is 0.25 way to low for the evic?

The max wattage on the 1.2 is 40 watts, the 0.5 is (I think) 80 watts, and the 0.25 120 watts. I vape the 1.2 at 35-40 watts, the 0.5 at 55-60 watts, and the 0.25 at 70 watts.

But they all work well with high VG. I prefer the flavor of the 0.5 over the 1.2 on the VT.

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The max wattage on the 1.2 is 40 watts, the 0.5 is (I think) 80 watts, and the 0.25 120 watts. I vape the 1.2 at 35-40 watts, the 0.5 at 55-60 watts, and the 0.25 at 70 watts.

But they all work well with high VG. I prefer the flavor of the 0.5 over the 1.2 on the VT.
so the 0.5 is the sweet spot but how long will a coil last on it?

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Puffs? How many mls?

A coil will probably last you weeks and weeks - assuming you prime it properly
4-5 ml

but shouldn't lower ohm be more sensitive to higher wattage?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like they don't stock the 1.2 ohm coils! The 1.2, 0.5, and 0.25 are all ss. And then there's the Ni200 - which you could also use.

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like they don't stock the 1.2 ohm coils! The 1.2, 0.5, and 0.25 are all ss. And then there's the Ni200 - which you could also use.
i don't really know which coil i should get is Ni good? since the evic does have temp control for Ni but since it's nickle maybe it's not as durable?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, you presumably were using Ti with TC, right?

It's entirely personal taste. I was hooked on TC until I discovered the Crown SS coils. Now I prefer those in power mode!

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, you presumably were using Ti with TC, right?

It's entirely personal taste. I was hooked on TC until I discovered the Crown SS coils. Now I prefer those in power mode!

but how is your battery life with the 0.5 coil people say that they're very power hungry

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
but how is your battery life with the 0.5 coil people say that they're very power hungry

No different than any other 0.5 ohm coil at 55 watts - to me at any rate.

If you're going to get the Crown it comes with 3 different coils so you can decide what you like best.

Or try a subtank - which I would have suggested first, but I'm not sure about the max VG in a subtank with the OCC coils (it's probably fine with the new vertical coils).

Teletha

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WAS (what Amanda said)
I'll add the VT Mega tanks are absolutely unusable max VG. The coils (the holes) are nowhere near up to that job.
IMO, you need at least 30% PG to wick those... They will not perform well even at 25%.
(Not crazy about the Ti coils even when performing properly.)

Lower ohms (less resistance) will make more heat and therefore use more juice at any given wattage.
A modern .5 ohm coil will drink 5mls of juice in a big rush... farrr faster than your current tank.
5 mls/day in your Mega tank could easily equal about 12 mls in the Crown. It's a cloud beast.

And yes, your VT can easily handle .25 ohm coils... lower even. :)
so if the ohm is lower won't my mod need to give the coil less wattage to make it reach the same heat levels as a 0.5 coil at 40~W respectively 0.25 at 30~W which will then give me more battery life or am i getting this wrong?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
so if the ohm is lower won't my mod need to give the coil less wattage to make it reach the same heat levels as a 0.5 coil at 40~W respectively 0.25 at 30~W which will then give me more battery life or am i getting this wrong?

I run my Evic in both temp and power modes. In temp, you may set the wattage. But the chip controls the wattage. It may never reach the level you've set. It only uses what it needs to reach the set temp.

I'm getting good performance out of mine, and I'm a chain vaper. And by good performance, I mean 7-9 hours TOPS. But that's much better than the 5-7 I get from my MPV 3 Pro.

I might add. I'm currently using it in power mode. My coil is at .7 ohm at 21.5 watts.

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes and no... Your thinking (math) is right. But in practical terms, you're not likely to turn the wattage down for lower resistance coils.
The straight truth is, only experience will tell you. Juice does funny things at different wattages on different builds.
Frequently, the dominant (noticeable) component in a given juice will change with wattage. For instance, I vape an HIC recipe called Italian Lemon Cream Smoothie. (DC G-Mini) At 26W, it's like biting into a lemon w/ a bit of cream. But at 34W, the lemon fades and the vanillas emerge. 30 watts is my sweet spot for this juice, on this build.
So for me, it's about balance as well. This is strictly a matter of personal preference.
An example I'd use that's like that is my strawberry lemonade. Low heat is a sweet strawberry, up a bit and it tastes like a semi sweet lemonade but high heat tastes like lemon zest,a very refreshing vape. I've got one with 5 fruits as well that differing heats bring out each individual fruit when dripping but taste pretty much like a blend of all, no matter the heat, when using in a tank.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

VU Sponsors