Become a Patron!

Need a good Watermelon recipe

ZaTHRaS

Member For 4 Years
Alright, I have attempted several but, not happy with any. I want a Watermelon mix, even candy like, that is good and strong.
I've tried several Watermelon, Honeydew, Guava mixes but, they all end up tasting floral, with a bad after smell, like baby's breath(gypsophila) Thought it to be the Guava but even at 1%, blah
I currently have these watermelon flavors on hand along with many fruits:
Watermelon TFA
Watermelon Candy TFA
Watermelon CAP

So, throw me some ideas if you would PLEASE!

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have Inawara Watermelon but this is what I made up to vape today. Use whatever you have. Or leave out what you don't. Play with the strength. I like the Watermelon in the backround. Think this is good enought to post it up.

Yogurt and Mellon

Cantaloupe (TFA), 4.00%
Yogurt (FW), 3.00%
Watermelon (INW) 2.00%
Organic Ginger (NF), 0.50%
Marshmallow (FA), 0.50%
Lime Tahiti (FA), 0.50%
Fig Fresh (FA), 0.50%
Nut Mix (FA), 0.50%

Last edited:

FinerVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use Lorann Watermelon, but you can still try this one:

Ripe Strawberry (TFA) - 6%
Watermelon (LN) - 5%
Coconut (TFA) - 3%
Sweet Cream (TFA) - 2%
Sweetner (TFA) - 1.5%
Koolada 10% - 1%

How many fa flavours does hic use in this recipe? Cause right now I only have fa watermelon and not enough money for 5-6 flavours!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, I have attempted several but, not happy with any. I want a Watermelon mix, even candy like, that is good and strong.
I've tried several Watermelon, Honeydew, Guava mixes but, they all end up tasting floral, with a bad after smell, like baby's breath(gypsophila) Thought it to be the Guava but even at 1%, blah
Watermelon TFA
Watermelon Candy TFA
Watermelon CAP

What percentages are you using of each flavor?

TFA requires a bit more percentage than FA to get a good flavor from my understanding.

Have you tried just the watermelon by its self?

FA needs a pretty good amount less to get flavor but its also easy to over do it with too much which gives a bad taste from being too strong.

Try the FA by its self at 2% and go from there untill you have a good flavor...Once you find good flavor you know how much you need...Now add your candy to it in a smaller amount then whatever else in smaller amounts as well.

I would try this

3% TFA watermelon
1% FA watermon
1% TFA candy

More isnt always better as im learning myself.

i've tried it the fa watermelon at 2% and 5%. At 2% I couldnt even taste it and it was a bit better at 5%, but still lacking something!

i use a kayfun clone and plume veil rda! have you tried the hic's recipe? how many flavours is he using in that recipe? if it is 2-3 I could buy his recipe and try!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, i havent tried it....I was asking what tank because a good tank is important to get good flavor from juices...I use a kayfun and a taifun ,myself.

i have no idea what hes done to make his...I would venture to say its pretty good though.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can say the short time ive been doing DIY youre going to need a healthy choice of different flavoring to make alot of the better recipes...buy like one more flavor every 2 weeks or once a month..During the learning process youll figure out more and more stuff you can make because you have the flavors to do it with...i have about 30 flavors now and ive seen alot i cant duplicate i might like but ive also seen some i have made and love it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At www.mamajsjuice.com, you can get the 3ml FA flavors for $1.50, free shipping on orders of $20 or more. :)
Wizard Labs carries Capella, TFA, and Lorann at $1.49 for 8ml.

doubleg99

Member For 4 Years
ZaTHRas said
I've tried several Watermelon, Honeydew, Guava mixes but, they all end up tasting floral, with a bad after smell, like baby's breath(gypsophila)Thought it to be the Guava but even at 1%, blah
Watermelon TFA
Watermelon Candy TFA
Watermelon CAP

ZaTHRas, I'm also trying to make a watermelon juice, clone of Signature E-Liquuid "Galopagos", it's described as a mix of strawberry and watermelon, when I smell it I get a definite jolly rancher watermelon smell and I wondered if the Watermelon Candy TFA flavor you have is that type of candy. I'd just buy it and try it but it's only in the bulk size section and I don't really want to buy four ounces if it's not what I want.
Thanks

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many fa flavours does hic use in this recipe? Cause right now I only have fa watermelon and not enough money for 5-6 flavours!
There are a handful of flavors involved - I tried subbing a couple for other brands more because I wanted to use them up than because I didn't have access to the FA and completely mucked the recipe up...suffering through the batch I've got and mixing the next one exactly to HIC's specifications.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a handful of flavors involved - I tried subbing a couple for other brands more because I wanted to use them up than because I didn't have access to the FA and completely mucked the recipe up...suffering through the batch I've got and mixing the next one exactly to HIC's specifications.
I made that mistake myself with one of his recipes, thought it really wouldn't make much difference because it was only one flavor and a very small percentage at that.....wrong. Oh so wrong.....a liquid train wreck it was. :eek:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BUY HICs!
I got the one from HiC's store page and it is the beez knees I vaped 90 ml and got the recipe for 3 dollars. It is truly an art what he can do with flavors.
I tried it again with the proper ingredients and liked it much, much better - might back off some of the complimentary flavors with my next batch, but I can understand why they all belong there.

VU Sponsors