Become a Patron!

Need A New Daily Device!

wilderbeast123

Member For 1 Year
Hey all!

So, I love my aegis legend! tried an RTA but to be honest, not for me. Bit too impatient and lazy but it was an experiment! I use the Fireluke Tank and I am currently using the triple mesh coils and the flavor and vape production is amazing.

My only gripe is the charging time..I use a charging station and it takes a good few hours to charge fully (I usually start charging when my batteries reach about 15%. I don't ever let them run dry). I have also been finding myself in situations where less vape = better. I don't like vaping near people where my vape will blow into their faces! Rather have some smaller clouds but still keep the tasty flavours!

Also I am a bit tired of having a mod that pulls my bloody trousers down when its in my pocket, I think its time to grab a smaller device for when I am out and about! Plug it in via micro USB for 45 mins and BAM! Charged.

I have been looking at pod systems and I have found a couple I really love the look of, the SMOK Trinity Alpha Kit, the Ijoy Mercury Kit and the Artery Pal 2 Pro Kit. What are your thoughts my friends??

Thanks!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I like my LV Orion DNA pod - works great, been using mine for over a year. This is a great price on this, I payed way more than that when they 1st came out. No leaking and the .5Ω pods last a few weeks for me. The coil is not removable, you have to replace the whole pod(tank)
https://www.ejuicesteals.com/collections/hardware/products/lost-vape-orion-dna-40w
Another pod/mod I like is the Smoant Pasito- these take removable coils in the pod , so you don't throw out the whole tankand can buy an RBA section for it too-
coils are long lasting - I use the DL coils for the Pasito. My hubby has been using this for 6 months and works great for him!
Both pods are pretty easy to fill and fast charging internal battery.
https://www.elementvape.com/smoant-pasito-25w-pod-system
https://www.elementvape.com/smoant-pasito-replacement-coils-rba-series
Fasttech has the best prices on these coils, but a very long wait from China.

Both of these devices are very small and would give you a few vaping hours, but are fast charging- nice to have 2, one to use while the other charges!

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have two of the three pod (actually AIO) devices you mentioned - the Trinity Alpha and the Mercury - and if I had to choose between just those two, I'd go with the Mercury EVERY time. Build quality on the Mercury is far better than the Trinity Alpha. Both have internal batteries that are around 1100mAh, so if you were vaping on just that device, I doubt it would last all day - but you could have two of them. Also the Mercury only holds about 2ml of liquid. That's what I did - bought two Mercurys and use them while driving back and forth to work, which is about 3 hours.

There are a couple different RBAs that work with the Mercury. The Artery brand one is better imo than the Hippovape one by miles and miles. Be aware though that this is definitely an MTL vape, and no two ways about it.

Rather than either of those, if I were making the decision, I'd buy a Voopoo Vinci X. RBA available, takes an 18650 battery, has great battery life, both the factory coils and RBA have good flavor, build quality is good, no leaking, there's just no reason not to buy one in my experience. This device offers a restricted DL vape and holds I think about 5 ml of liquid. It may be a little more or less than that, but it's enough to last a good while.

The Vinci X is my favorite of the ultra-portable devices I've tried. I also have a Squid Squad AIO and an Ohm Vape AIO, but I like the Vinci X best. The Squid is probably my second favorite.

The Trinity Alpha has a leaking issue and the connectors between the tank and the battery aren't durable. I have found it to be unreliable in performance.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you considered getting an external charger and a couple of extra sets of batteries?
Albeit another mod is always a good thing, but you're far better off using a standalone charger than the onboard one.

On pods, my wife uses a minikin v2 and lustro, with a big dual coil build around 90w at home. When shes at work or out and about she uses the sauron air plus and finds it more than satisfy her needs. She works 12 hour shifts in the medical field and gets plenty of run time on one charge. The device is small as in It much larger than a credit card, so she has no problems keeping it in her scrub pocket.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's another vote for the Vaporesso GEN mod. (You don't really need to get the "Kit" version of it, which comes with a tank included in the package... just the mod itself without the tank is already the perfect choice.)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here's another vote for the Vaporesso GEN mod. (You don't really need to get the "Kit" version of it, which comes with a tank included in the package... just the mod itself without the tank is already the perfect choice.)

There surely is a lot of good press around for the Gen. Super nice-looking mod.

I've enjoyed the Vaporesso stuff I've used up til now. Quality seems really good.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
, but you're far better off using a standalone charger than the onboard one.
That kind of depends. The Vaporesso GEN mod does do balanced charging at 1.6 amps (not the advertised 2.5 amps, but anyway it's still fast charging...), and, it refuses to fire the coil if one battery is too low.

(I know Mooch thinks the USB port on a regulated mod will typically break easily if you use it for internal charging all the time, but then, he is a bit of a clumsy guy so I like to take that with a grain of salt because let's face it, people have been doing the same with their smartphones for aeons without trashing the USB port on that.)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That kind of depends. The Vaporesso GEN mod does do balanced charging at 1.6 amps (not the advertised 2.5 amps, but anyway it's still fast charging...), and, it refuses to fire the coil if one battery is too low.

(I know Mooch thinks the USB port on a regulated mod will typically break easily if you use it for internal charging all the time, but then, he is a bit of a clumsy guy so I like to take that with a grain of salt because let's face it, people have been doing the same with their smartphones for aeons without trashing the USB port on that.)
You do you and I'll do me
I'll also give what I believe is the best device I can to people whom I dont know, in an effort to keep them as safe as possible: and, their devices working as long as possible. Besides, I was referring to the OP continuing to use the mod they have and adding a pod; as that was what the OP was inquiring about. I've heard that line before about the charger on mod x being the one that works. I stand by my personal opinion, it's always best to have a standalone charger and spare batteries, paird and in cases.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You do you and I'll do me
I'll also give what I believe is the best device I can to people whom I dont know, in an effort to keep them as safe as possible: and, their devices working as long as possible. Besides, I was referring to the OP continuing to use the mod they have and adding a pod; as that was what the OP was inquiring about. I've heard that line before about the charger on mod x being the one that works. I stand by my personal opinion, it's always best to have a standalone charger and spare batteries, paird and in cases.
First off, I'll do me by saying I believe there exists no such thing as the best device for people whom I know, let alone for people I don't know. At least not unless the people in question can find out for theirself which one is best for them, which, usually, they can't. The idea here is just to give them information that might be useful to them in their effort to explore which options they might have and to narrow down a list of options. Secondly, everyone is responsible for their own safety, and, there is no reliable data that would indicate charging the batteries inside the Vaporesso GEN mod is less safe than charging them in an affordable standalone charger so I don't know what you mean with "in an effort to keep them as safe as possible". What effort? Thirdly, the Vaporesso GEN mod is a highly durable mod, user-friendly, and comfortable to hold, yet, it is also moderately priced in addition to all this. Besides, I was referring to the OP thinking it is the size of the mod that pulls bloody trousers down, when the reality is that it is the weight of the mod that does that. The Aegis Legend is heavy as a brick, whereas the Vaporesso GEN mod without the two batteries and without the Fireluke tank is just... well, 107 grams (about 3 ¾ ounces). Finally, I never said it isn't always best to have a standalone charger and spare batteries, "married", and in protective cases. Instead, I said that whether or not you will be far better off is still something that kind of depends, and depends not only on correct knowledge of which standalone chargers are affordable, yet are decent enough to warrant the "far" in "far better". Essentially, it depends, regardless of what your personal opinion might be.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First off, I'll do me by saying I believe there exists no such thing as the best device for people whom I know, let alone for people I don't know. At least not unless the people in question can find out for theirself which one is best for them, which, usually, they can't. The idea here is just to give them information that might be useful to them in their effort to explore which options they might have and to narrow down a list of options. Secondly, everyone is responsible for their own safety, and, there is no reliable data that would indicate charging the batteries inside the Vaporesso GEN mod is less safe than charging them in an affordable standalone charger so I don't know what you mean with "in an effort to keep them as safe as possible". What effort? Thirdly, the Vaporesso GEN mod is a highly durable mod, user-friendly, and comfortable to hold, yet, it is also moderately priced in addition to all this. Besides, I was referring to the OP thinking it is the size of the mod that pulls bloody trousers down, when the reality is that it is the weight of the mod that does that. The Aegis Legend is heavy as a brick, whereas the Vaporesso GEN mod without the two batteries and without the Fireluke tank is just... well, 107 grams (about 3 ¾ ounces). Finally, I never said it isn't always best to have a standalone charger and spare batteries, "married", and in protective cases. Instead, I said that whether or not you will be far better off is still something that kind of depends, and depends not only on correct knowledge of which standalone chargers are affordable, yet are decent enough to warrant the "far" in "far better". Essentially, it depends, regardless of what your personal opinion might be.
^^^TLDR ^^^

... did you notice the OP specifically asking about pods?
Is the gen a pod?

Therefore my advice was keep what you have since you like it, get an external charger and then suggested a pod.

It's sad that I have to explain a response I made to the OP to you, next time I want to converse with you, I will direct the comment to you.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
^^^TLDR ^^^

... did you notice the OP specifically asking about pods?
Is the gen a pod?

Therefore my advice was keep what you have since you like it, get an external charger and then suggested a pod.

It's sad that I have to explain a response I made to the OP to you, next time I want to converse with you, I will direct the comment to you.
Did you notice the OP specifically asking about standalone chargers?
Is a standalone charger a pod?

It's sad that I have to explain a response I made about the OP's notion of "less is more". Less weight is more trousers so, converse with me any way you like, the OP is still free to decide on whether to go for a pod or not. I know I wouldn't, but that's just me, and, if going for the Vaporesso GEN mod, then if either it breaks or the Aegis Legend breaks, the one that continues to work will still work with the Fireluke tank so the flavor and vape production continues to be amazing, and, last time I checked, there existed other options other than a pod, i.e., a second tank that not only gives smaller clouds similar to a pod, but that also keeps the tasty flavors more than any pod can keep, and that, in addition to this, will still work with either one of both of these two mods so, again, if one mod breaks, the other mod will still work with either one of both tanks. This concludes my advice for the OP for today. Finally, the simple fact I quoted you in my comment, doesn't also mean it wasn't directed to the OP because, after all, this is the OP's thread. Enough said. :rolleyes:

VU Sponsors