Need a new Regulated Mod ....

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by WPMac, Sep 28, 2018.

1. WPMac

WPMac Silver Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    So I need some suggestions on quality, sub $100, mods. I've used Smok products for a looooong time. Even up until last week I was defending them. I have a battered bruised and 1/2 dismantled alien (from initial release) that still works if I put in some batts and screw in an atty. Well ... no more. I have a ~1 year old Alien and a 6 month old majesty. Yesterday I noticed BOTH of them ready ohms funny. Like a .15 ohm build reading at .35, then at .2 then at .25 ... ect ... Then this morning the positive wire on my majesty decided to break off at the board. Opened up the alien and all the visible wires look good and their connections are clean. But it's still wont read ohms correctly ... or even close to what they should be. So, I'm done with smok. Yes yes i know everyone's been telling me for years. So no need to go down that road please. I'm just looking for some suggestions on affordable quality regulated devices.

Some criteria I'm looking for.
    ~Dual battery with up to at least 135w. I don't go that high that often. But sometimes that's what I want and I want the option to do so.
    ~Memory mode so I don't have to clip through 1 watt at a time. Not a MUST have, but preferable.
    ~Will add more if I think of anything else.

Thanks!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    jwill likes this.
  2. So619Cal

So619Cal Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    If you're not to set on needing a screen to know what you're vaping at wattage wise...grab an ugly Wismec NCII-25... want unregulated series, Boom...want regulated series (3v-6v) boom, want Parallel... ;) BOOM lol

Wtmke1 likes this.
  3. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the input!!
    But, I have an NC2. And it's wonderful in "mech" mode. But I'm not a fan of the regulated part of it. The dial is to finicky for me and I can't ever find the right setting to make me happy. I change coils extremely often and they are almost always wildly different than the last set. Screwing with the dial just urks me. So I always have 1 atty with a series mech build for the NC. But I would prefer a much more reliable way to regulate my wattage for most of my coils.

MWorthington and So619Cal like this.
  4. So619Cal

So619Cal Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Might be able to find a LV Mirage on sale... paired with one of the samsung 30/40Ts you get 100w, replay, reliable TC (if youre into that)... You could also put a wtb thread in the classifieds here and list your criteria and wait for the responses.

All we know thus far is regulated and something better than Smok ;) Which leaves a WIDE range of mods available haha

Good luck I am sure others will chime in...but I do think you can find something that will suit you fine and delivered quickly ( if in the US ) from one of our fine members

WPMac likes this.
  5. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    This is my problem. I have used any number of mods out there, via friends, vape shop acquaintances, ect ... But I have no long term, 'in my hand' experience with anything but smok because they've done my right for a number of years now. So, I don't even know where to begin outside of reviews. But reviews only go so far, I like first hand input from someone who's used the mod for a good length of time. I'll edit in some criteria into the main post and hopefully get some more input before delving into a wtb thread. Thanks <3

MWorthington and So619Cal like this.
  6. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    OBS bat mod is really nice. Holds a 28mm tank. 2 batt. High watts. Can't remember off hand.[​IMG]

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MWorthington and WPMac like this.
  7. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Tesla Invader comes to mind. The III or IV would suffice. You can also pick up a monster Steamcrave Titan and never worry about overhang for the rest of your life. Dovpo MVV would also be good or an iJoy zenith.

8. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    How long have you had it? And How abusive are you? I'm pretty careful with most of my mods ... which is why I'm so upset about 2 different models, from the same company, failing on me in under a year. Have you had a look inside to see if it's well put together? Sorry to mean to throw a barrage of questions at you. But after today I'm feeling super tweeky about what I purchase next.
    Will check them out thanks!

MWorthington likes this.
  9. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Get this .... This mod is simply amazing for the money...... The Smoant Cylon.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ive had it a few months so far. Pretty durable but I've never dropped it or anything. Im usually pretty careful with mods as well. Haven't opened it except to put batteries in.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

11. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Well so far this looks like a good contender!! After some heavy digging I'm hard pressed to find very much negative feedback about it. Definitely going on the list of possibilities. Thanks!!

MWorthington likes this.
  12. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Thanks! I can't find a whole bunch of feedback on it. I'll keep digging.

MWorthington likes this.
  13. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I dropped this mod from top a 6 foot ladder..... I can't believe the small scratch it got..... It takes a beating since I've had it.... Beautiful screen..... Man what a deal for around $50 to $60 bucks...... It's nice..... I wouldn't misguide you......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gsmit1 and MWorthington like this.
  14. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I recently got Tesla Invader 4 it takes 21700s and 280w. Its lighter than any dual 18650 mod I have owned and not much bigger than a voopoo drag just little thicker

MWorthington likes this.
  15. MWorthington

MWorthington Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The best mod I have personal experience with priced under $100 is the smoant battlestar. It's built like a tank, easy to replace the batteries, decent tc if you want that, and it'll hit 200 watts with the right coil.

czombie, heateris and Wtmke1 like this.
  16. Stan157

Stan157 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Paranormal is the way to go.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joha_wa_alhimar and MWorthington like this.
  17. gsmit1

gsmit1 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have 2 Cylons and will never be sorry I bought them.

I agree. Best 50 bucks (per mod) I could have spent. Feels in the hand like it should have cost twice as much, fires like a Howitzer, does good TC, great huge 510, and awesome screen.

The only con might be non-stellar (but not terrible) battery life if that matters which it doesn't to me.

Oh yeah. The battery door isn't awesome, but it gets it's job done.

MWorthington and MannyScoot like this.