Become a Patron!

Need a professionals opinion and help

hi i am fairly new to vaping, i need a professional opinion and i hope this is the right place to ask because i am stuck between 2 tanks

i am currently using the black/gold nanchuku mod with the black Joytech riftcore duo, the no coil thing is nice but its not my cup of tea in flavor and cloud production. then i read about mesh coils and how they are all the rage right now. my end goal is to get a tank that has highest flavor and highest cloud production at low wattage the nanchuku does up to 80 watts. i also want it to look decent on the nanchuku mod.

i am torn between the freemax pro mesh as they have double and triple mesh coils the triple coils i would have to buy separately but reviews are great but i don't think it looks all that great in my opinion or wouldn't look good with the nanchuku or i could get the smok tfv12 prince cobra in black and replace the cellular mesh inside with gold color and i think it would look sick with the nanchuku and then get the brand new triple mesh prince coils that were released by smok with the new E-Priv kit but would be optional and the kit does not include them so i would have to buy them separately as well. the freemax pro mesh would probably be the much cheaper option but i want to know what you think because i really value a seasoned pros opinion.

thanks

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
FIrst of all.. Don't waste your money on gimmicky mesh wicks.. They will turn brown and gunk up just the same as the much cheaper and more easily obtainable cotton wicking. I generally change wicks every 2 to 4 days.

Personally, my favorite RDA for flavor is a Tsunami with a dual fused clapton build. Flavor RDA with a flavor coil.
For clouds..MutationX V4 is my favorite, with dual 6 wraps of kanthal on a 3.0 mm id core. Use very high wattage.
Favorite tank is Ijoy RDTA combo. It builds like an RDA but has a tank to hold juice.

Now as for flavor and clouds.. you can have either massive clouds OR huge flavor. It's mostly in the coil.. A simple 6 wrap coil is for cloud, a clapton, fused clapton, alien, etc.. are all flavor builds.
Basically... less air = more flavor.. more air = bigger cloud. (the air cools the vape so you can run the build hotter and inhale faster.

maxmillion1982

Member For 4 Years
I just picked up the Wotofo Recurve single coil RDA. Flavour is 10x better than subohm tanks and im finding way better than Dead Rabbit. Best part being single coil. Meaning you will get more vapes out of your single battery Nanchuku mod. If you go big coils and have your wattage maxed, you wont be able to vape for long. The cost is high at start but once you premade coils or wire for DIY and then cotton, your looking at maybe $50. I just bought a pack of 9 different premade coils with 10 coils in each compartment for $50. That kit right there will last me years i'm hoping.

Im using my Recurve with a 0.35 ohm alien coil @ 48w. Flavour is awesome!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I just picked up the Wotofo Recurve single coil RDA. Flavour is 10x better than subohm tanks and im finding way better than Dead Rabbit. Best part being single coil. Meaning you will get more vapes out of your single battery Nanchuku mod. If you go big coils and have your wattage maxed, you wont be able to vape for long. The cost is high at start but once you premade coils or wire for DIY and then cotton, your looking at maybe $50. I just bought a pack of 9 different premade coils with 10 coils in each compartment for $50. That kit right there will last me years i'm hoping.

Im using my Recurve with a 0.35 ohm alien coil @ 48w. Flavour is awesome!
Re Dead Rabbit.. that's what i've been saying.. it isn't the best mod.. just "meh". There are much better flavor mods and much better cloud mods. I suppose if you wanted balance somewhere in the middle, it would be ok, but I think most people use specific atomizers for flavor and others for clouds.

Re wattage maxed.. this is the reason why I suggest a 200w mod for anyone looking to upgrade from a vape pen or AIO. Most i vape on 200w is around 115. Yes, you do need to change batteries more often but it depend on the vape you like.. I like a fairly warm vape.

Once you get a bit more comfy about using your own coils, you will start building your own from various types and gauges of wire. Currently, Im using 3strand core clapton. 28ga x3 (2 coils) vs a parallel 2 strand or a regular clapton. (1 strand). Depending on which mod I want to use. The main thing about coil building is that is it not hard to do. Hardest part is deciding what you want the coils to do.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Be careful taking advice from someone who calls a Dead Rabbit a MOD since it is an RDA

upload_2018-8-11_6-58-8.png

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Be careful taking advice from someone who calls a Dead Rabbit a MOD since it is an RDA

View attachment 117659
Thank you for the correction.. Now what do YOU know about the Dead Rabbit.. I know...
1 drellin drip tip is far to wide to produce decent flavor.. that size is a cloud chasing tip
2 Airflow is very limited, and not directed propers to allow airflow around the coils
3 coils are not positioned correctly for vapor, they are to close to the drip tip so no space to trap flavor and to hot for clouds.
So as I said.. it is a "meh" atomizer, nothing special... that tries to balance flavor and cloud and falls short on both counts.
If we want flavor, we use a flavor atomizer... if we want clouds, we use a cloud atomizer.
Putting it in even simpler terms.. the dead rabbit will never, ever, ever,win a cloud chucking competition..so why bother messing up the flavor? The only was to fix this and keep the coil mounting platform is include a smaller drip tip and a taller chimney or even a 2 part chimney that screws together *Like the TwistedMesses or MutationX RDA" (cant remember which one the plastic tube came in, but works on both)
Money would better be spent on an ijoy rdta combo. Convenience of a tank, builds like a dripper.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the correction.. Now what do YOU know about the Dead Rabbit.

I know it isn't a MOD. And I never quoted you I was offering the OP my opinion I guess you have something to prove asking what I know about a Dead Rabbit but I have nothing I want to prove to you so I will not answer your snarky remark.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude's asking about subohm tanks. Me personally, I don't care about "Matchy matchy". A lot of the newer tanks offer mesh coils. They work great for flavor, and last longer than regular coils (In my experience). I just got a pack of the Geekvape Super Mesh coils to try out (Baby beast compatible). I've read good things about them.

I've been using mesh coils in the TFV12 Prince, Freemax Fireluke Mesh (original), and the Baby Prince mesh coils in a Big Baby Beast. They all work good but Freemax seems to really know what they are doing with mesh coils. The Freemax Fireluke Mesh coils have lasted me a very long time.

Nothing wrong with building your own coils too. You can get some great flavor from RTAs, and RDAs. People who stricktly build will have you believe that manufacturers coils are shitty and the flavor isn't there. But these newer tanks have closed the gap significantly. There are some great subohm tanks/coils that perform really well.

I'd reccomend a Prince tank of some sort. They offer a bunch of different coils now and I'm sure you'll find one you like. I have four of them and they work awesome. I also just got some of the new X2 Clapton coils to try.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hi i am fairly new to vaping, i need a professional opinion and i hope this is the right place to ask because i am stuck between 2 tanks

i am currently using the black/gold nanchuku mod with the black Joytech riftcore duo, the no coil thing is nice but its not my cup of tea in flavor and cloud production. then i read about mesh coils and how they are all the rage right now. my end goal is to get a tank that has highest flavor and highest cloud production at low wattage the nanchuku does up to 80 watts. i also want it to look decent on the nanchuku mod.

i am torn between the freemax pro mesh as they have double and triple mesh coils the triple coils i would have to buy separately but reviews are great but i don't think it looks all that great in my opinion or wouldn't look good with the nanchuku or i could get the smok tfv12 prince cobra in black and replace the cellular mesh inside with gold color and i think it would look sick with the nanchuku and then get the brand new triple mesh prince coils that were released by smok with the new E-Priv kit but would be optional and the kit does not include them so i would have to buy them separately as well. the freemax pro mesh would probably be the much cheaper option but i want to know what you think because i really value a seasoned pros opinion.

thanks
Mesh coils work great but its a different kind of vape. The one's Ive tried give great flavor but the cloud is slightly less dense. I like them a lot but not enough to give up on standard coils that use wire. I like variety.

VU Sponsors