Become a Patron!

Need a shake and vape recipe using this flavors.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm currently out of E-juice and it would take me weeks before i would received it.

Today I got some flavors in my mail so I can make "Unicorn milk clone"

Since "Unicorn Milk clone" needs a steeping time for 1 week (Some say even up to a month) I need some shake and vape recipe.

The flavors I currently have is:
(CAP) Butter Cream
(CAP) Graham Cracker
(CAP) New York Cheesecake
(CAP) Sweet Cream
(CAP) Vanilla Whipped Cream
(CAP) Vanilla Custard (V1)
(FA) Cookie

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unfortunately with those flavors alone, I don't know of any combination that would be shake and vapable. Doesn't Unicorn Milk have strawberry? If so, that flavor alone would help in a ready made juice recipe.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unfortunately with those flavors alone, I don't know of any combination that would be shake and vapable. Doesn't Unicorn Milk have strawberry? If so, that flavor alone would help in a ready made juice recipe.
Unicorn uses a lot more strawberry than any of this flavors, so I don't have any strawberry left.
Maybe some of them would be good as a standalone shake and vape?
Would the Unicorn milk be that bad if not steeped?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unicorn uses a lot more strawberry than any of this flavors, so I don't have any strawberry left.
Maybe some of them would be good as a standalone shake and vape?
Would the Unicorn milk be that bad if not steeped?
You can always try it and see? I always test my batches immediately or the next day just to see how they are. Some people steep everything. Others never do. It all depends. It may get better or is best when steeped but it doesn't mean that it'll be horrible without it.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can always try it and see? I always test my batches immediately or the next day just to see how they are. Some people steep everything. Others never do. It all depends. It may get better or is best when steeped but it doesn't mean that it'll be horrible without it.
I think I'm just going to make the "Unicorn milk" Don't really want to test what works for me since I have failed so many times before.
Not saying I'm not going to try in the feature, but for now I just need something that works. I've been without vaping for a while now.

Maybe I could run the Unicorn milk under hot water? How hot should the water be, and for how long should I do it?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try 5% NY Cheesecake + 5% Graham Cracker.

Hot water bath for half to 1 hour, just use hot tap water.

If your using glass bottles you can use the Microwave, 10 min at 10% power.(Edited mistake)
Don't try this with plastic tho...

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Cookie is a shake n vape flavor, maybe use it at 2% with 2% Graham Cracker sounds like it might be tasty. I made a 2% Cookie with 1% FA Butterscotch and 1% Vienna Cream once that was a tasty little snack for a shake n vape once in a hurry.

I wouldn't go to high on the Graham Cracker as the cinnamon note is pretty strong.

Not a big fan of heat steeping since if you go too much it will burn some juices and they will be ruined.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much unicorn milk did you make and how much strawberry did you use? You should have some of that left over too.

msrfrog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find all my recipes are vapable right away after a warming and cooling cycle( 15 minutes). But they all get better with age. But I've only been diy for three weeks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Try 5% NY Cheesecake + 5% Graham Cracker.

Hot water bath for half to 1 hour, just use hot tap water.

If your using glass bottles you can use the Microwave, 10 min at 50% power.
Don't try this with plastic tho...
Ten minutes would boil your juice even at 50% power. Hope you ment seconds...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ten minutes would boil your juice even at 50% power. Hope you ment seconds...

Just tried it, boiling in 2 min:eek:.
Oops, yup, you're right, maybe it was 10% power for 10 min.
Memory isn't to good anymore:D.

That's why I just mix and put them in the cupboard, safer for old farts like me.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah i was gonna say your list looks like its almost perfect for the newest UM recipe out, except no strawberry was in the list.

I'm sure you could probably do everything but the strawberry, and then add some other flavor to go with the general cream of that recipe.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why not just mix up some unflavored?
Vaping something that doesn't taste anything is just weird. Maybe it could also taste bad since I use 12 mg nicotine.
I don't know if nicotine tastes something, since I have never vaped without any flavors, but it surely cannot be good.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How much unicorn milk did you make and how much strawberry did you use? You should have some of that left over too.
I used 8.5% since I decided t to vape it straight away. Many people have different opinions on the Unicorn milk.
Some say let it steep for a week, some say let it steep for a month and some say vape it straight away since the liquid gets worse over time.

I made 5 x 20 ml E-liquid with the recipe I have posted. I should have 1.5 ml left of Sweet strawberry. I haven't tried it out yet. I'm about to wick the tank. Haven't had the time.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah i was gonna say your list looks like its almost perfect for the newest UM recipe out, except no strawberry was in the list.

I'm sure you could probably do everything but the strawberry, and then add some other flavor to go with the general cream of that recipe.
I used the strawberry in my unicorn milk. Made 5 x 20 ml E-liquid. Should have 1.5 ml Sweet strawberry left.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make UM all the time. I vape it straight away but I know it gets better after a few days steep. Tastes great right away, too.

you could always use your last bit of strawberry and make a smaller batch of UM.

Or just make it without the strawberry, maybe up some of the other flavors and vape it like a vanilla cream/custard

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Strawberry will go well with any of the creams you have as a shake and vape.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaping something that doesn't taste anything is just weird. Maybe it could also taste bad since I use 12 mg nicotine.
I don't know if nicotine tastes something, since I have never vaped without any flavors, but it surely cannot be good.
I have one of my REOs always filled with unflavored. It has a slightly sweet taste from the VG. I use it like a palate cleanser. There are lots of folks in the vaping world who only vape unflavored. Try it, you may like it...

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Strawberry will go well with any of the creams you have as a shake and vape.
I just tried the UM and this is definitely something I like. But I can't taste the full potential of it. It's like something is wrong with with, but I do taste what it should taste, but can't taste the flavor that well.

This is either that it needs steeping, but some say it's perfect without. Or at least steep it for 3 days.

Is a Subtank mini good for tasting flavors? My currently setup is: iStick 50W, Subtank mini with the new RBA coil.
I use Kanthal A1, 28 gauge, 1,8 ohm with 3 mm wide. I use a coil tool, so when I wrap my first round I don't count it, then I take 7 wraps. It reads 1,8 Ohm as I'm aiming for. I use "Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton"
This setup should work to get great flavors right?

This is what I personally think is the problem. I use way to much nicotine to get a good flavor experience. Some say that shouldn't be a problem since nicotine doesn't taste anything. I personally haven't tried nicotine without flavor, so I don't know if it tastes anything.
All I know is that a month ago I made a E-juice without nicotine. I think I only used strawberry. The reason I didn't use nicotine is because I just wanted to enjoy my "iJust 2" tank for the cloud experience. That tank is way to harsh for me to vape nicotine, so I didn't use it, and used the tank as a fun tank.

The point is that, in that setup with only strawberry flavor (PG and VG also) I could taste the flavor great. Even when I just used strawberry flavor.
Can't remember how much. So that leaves me with: Maybe I'm really bad to setup the "Subtank" so the flavor isn't that great, or the nicotine really ruins the whole experience. I know that "iJust 2" worked well to taste the flavor (without nicotine)

Currently I use 12 mg nicotine. I'm considering to drop down to 3 mg or 6 mg. Maybe I will struggle a bit in the beginning or I would need to vape a lot in a day.

Sorry for the long post. But I might just try to make a Unicorn sample without without nicotine and check if that is the big problem. I can taste the flavor. the flavor is great, but it's really weak for some reason.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although it is true that the more nicotine you use, the more your flavors have to "struggle", a good steep will help that juice. All your ingredients need time to meld together and create the chemical reaction with one another to produce the end flavor result.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it is the infamous "INTERNAL LEAK OF CUTWOOD UNICORN MILK" over at e-liq recipes then it is a good mix but not the actual recipe. The actual recipe is more flavorful and rich.

Steeping does really help with this recipe like Teresa pointed out.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Although it is true that the more nicotine you use, the more your flavors have to "struggle", a good steep will help that juice. All your ingredients need time to meld together and create the chemical reaction with one another to produce the end flavor result.
I've found a temporary solution or the actual solution for my flavor Problem. In the past I haven't lung inhaled because I'm used to smoking and I used to strong nicotine in my E-liquid to lung hit. It would be to harsh.

Now I have dropped down to 3 mg and 75% VG. The flavor is much better now, and I feel like it should be like this, at least for not steeped it.
I can go up to 24W without it being to strung or to get a dry hit. I do have one small problem though.

I get this tiny harsh taste. I'm sure it's not the flavor. Could it be that I can taste the nicotine even with 3 mg strength? I'm sure it's not the wicking. It's pretty difficult to actually use to much cotton on the new RBA coil on the Subtank mini. Since I make my "Bunny ears" down and not up as you would do in the old RBA coil. If you would use to much cotton on the new RBA coil, you wouldn't be able to close the the thing you screw to the RBA coil. Cotton would be stock in between.

It's a weird taste that I cannot describe, but I'm pretty sure it's not one of the flavors used since it's not even close to a Vanilla or a strawberry taste.
This is something I definitely can vape on, but the weird taste does bug me a bit.

Will lowering the Ohm help? I'm currently using 1.8 ohm with 28 Gauge Kanthal. 3 mm screwdriver. I was planning on building a .5 ohm but i only have 28 Gauge Kanthal, and using that to make a .5 ohm would only be 3 wraps. Is that a problem or can I use 3 wraps? If not, I'm going to buy 26 Gauge Kanthal, use a 2 mm screwdriver and make 5 wraps. That should read around 0.5 ohm.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, you can use three wraps but I think you might be getting too much cotton inside the coil. If it's very compressed, the juice can't make its way through to thoroughly saturate it, at least in my experience. Someone else with a bit more knowledge on coil sizes might chime in here and tell you differently.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, you can use three wraps but I think you might be getting too much cotton inside the coil. If it's very compressed, the juice can't make its way through to thoroughly saturate it, at least in my experience. Someone else with a bit more knowledge on coil sizes might chime in here and tell you differently.
If something was wrong with the wicking i would think that I don't use wide enough cotton in my coil. Could be wrong. will try to cut it more narrow.
I use a 3 mm screwdriver. How wide should the cotton be? I haven't measured it, but I think I maybe used 3-4 mm. That shouldn't be a problem?
Some people would use 6 mm wide cotton on a 3 mm coil.

EDIT: It might be that I don't fluff the cotton good enough. I usually insert the cotton into the coil, then I cut the cotton and then I use tweezers to fluff the end. The problem with this method is that the cotton in the inside of the coil doesn't get fluffed.

I watched RIP trippers video on how to rebuild the Subtank. He never shows that he fluffed the cotton.
Right when he inserts the cotton into the coil, you can see that all the cotton is flowed. Not like a sandwich anymore like Koh gen do cotton is like.

When I try to fluff the Ko gen do before inserting it into the coil, it just splits.
It's not like RIP trippers has it. His cotton looks fluffy and the sandwich layers cannot been seen.
I will try to fluff the good this time and see if it works. I will also use more narrow cotton this time.

Last edited:

talonz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If something was wrong with the wicking i would think that I don't use wide enough cotton in my coil. Could be wrong. will try to cut it more narrow.
I use a 3 mm screwdriver. How wide should the cotton be? I haven't measured it, but I think I maybe used 3-4 mm. That shouldn't be a problem?
Some people would use 6 mm wide cotton on a 3 mm coil.

EDIT: It might be that I don't fluff the cotton good enough. I usually insert the cotton into the coil, then I cut the cotton and then I use tweezers to fluff the end. The problem with this method is that the cotton in the inside of the coil doesn't get fluffed.

I watched RIP trippers video on how to rebuild the Subtank. He never shows that he fluffed the cotton.
Right when he inserts the cotton into the coil, you can see that all the cotton is flowed. Not like a sandwich anymore like Koh gen do cotton is like.

When I try to fluff the Ko gen do before inserting it into the coil, it just splits.
It's not like RIP trippers has it. His cotton looks fluffy and the sandwich layers cannot been seen.
I will try to fluff the good this time and see if it works. I will also use more narrow cotton this time.
/ looking for a rusty nail to stick myself

Last edited:

tedturbine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've found a temporary solution or the actual solution for my flavor Problem. In the past I haven't lung inhaled because I'm used to smoking and I used to strong nicotine in my E-liquid to lung hit. It would be to harsh.

I get this tiny harsh taste. I'm sure it's not the flavor. Could it be that I can taste the nicotine even with 3 mg strength? I'm sure it's not the wicking. It's pretty difficult to actually use to much cotton on the new RBA coil on the Subtank mini. Since I make my "Bunny ears" down and not up as you would do in the old RBA coil. If you would use to much cotton on the new RBA coil, you wouldn't be able to close the the thing you screw to the RBA coil. Cotton would be stock in between.

It's a weird taste that I cannot describe, but I'm pretty sure it's not one of the flavors used since it's not even close to a Vanilla or a strawberry taste.
This is something I definitely can vape on, but the weird taste does bug me a bit.

If you have a new wick in the RBA It could just be the new cotton taste that I can notice at first, see if it goes away after a tank or 2. My subtank mini RBA tastes a bit funny after a new wick for a while using japanese cotton. I wouldn't describe that taste as harsh but is definitely noticable to me. I also notice it using new ni200 coils in my uwell crown for a bit.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA Cookie + CAP Graham Cracker + CAP Butter Cream.
might come out tasting like a shortbread cookie

VU Sponsors