Become a Patron!

Need a starter kit for my sister in law

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
My sister in law is asking me to help her pick a starter kit and it has to pass the following criteria:
1) easy to use - plug and play, no coil building
2) small, light, ergonomic
3) built-in battery w/ decent battery life
4) produces good flavor and a decent MTL experience

I was considering the two below because they're readily available:
1) joyetech evic AIO
2) eleaf ijust X AIO

No idea what they're like up close though because I've never window shopped for starter kits.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't speak to the AOI but they do look like a good starter setup... but i don't know if they are good mods.....

Short of the AOI... I would suggest something like a Nautilus tank and a little mods like an Eleaf Istick 30w. Maybe a Pico kit but the Melo that comes with it isn't the best beginner tank. It could be with some MTL coilheads though.

Personally a builtin battery is nice only if you don't have to charge it when you want to use it.... imo if less than 2000 mah go external battety. Little batteries are ok for backup mod but not ADV.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My sister in law is asking me to help her pick a starter kit and it has to pass the following criteria:

1) joyetech evic AIO
2) eleaf ijust X AIO

No idea what they're like up close though because I've never window shopped for starter kits.
Look into the Mi One. They're super tiny, hold 3.5ml of juice internally, use coils compatible with the Joyetech bf .5 ohm or there own .6. I need to double check on battery, but they last. The combo of .5 ohms and 3.5 ml will be sufficient to start and last a day. I've given them to both of my cousins as starters and they love them. I use mine daily. They really won't leak too, and they're tiny. Look into them for sure.

The new Joytech Penguin AIO is really nice with 2 amp charging and 8.8ml capacity, then Smok makes the Vape Pen 22 which is a 22mm tube with a tank, and then the Smok Stick V8, which has a Big Baby Beast and a 3000 mah battery. And the Eleaf iPower series is great, though I'd hesitate as an only device.

All of those are great options, and there certainly are a ton more out there. If MTL is important, I'd stay away from the Smok Stick V8, as awesome as it is. That one and the Vape Pen 22 look similar to tube mods, but they're regulated and designed for the tanks. I always push the Mi One. I'm very partial to them. I use mine daily, have dropped it countless times, and for restricted DL or MTL, they just perform. Hope that helps, It can be tough looking for "starter" kits when you've been vaping for a while. Just know that there are finally some really awesome options out there.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

1) joyetech evic AIO
2) eleaf ijust X AIO

I do like this little guy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks guys. I think the mi-one fits the bill. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be readily available where I am so I'll advise her to order online. The reason I'm looking for an internal battery is because my sister-in-law doesn't want to deal with external batteries and chargers.
It really is a great device... I'd love to sell you one, but I don't currently ship internationally :(. I also don't wanna come in this thread to push my shop, not the right forum.

It's sincere advice no matter where you go. I just like to help.

I wish you luck! I would try Smoking Vapor's Website... I've met them, and they're really good people. I don't know their shipping policies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ship internationally. I know there are definitely options, I wish I could help you, but I know other good vendors who ship internationally will! Feel free to message me with questions. I may not ship to you, but I'm willing to offer what advice I can legally offer :). Keeping this community and industry going is priority one for me, so feel free to reach out!

Lisa vapes

Member For 2 Years
Recent convert here, fwiw i started on an ego aio. Maybe because I am a bit older, but the idea of vaping instead of smoking filled me with skepticism. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but my 18 year old son convinced me to try.

I found it to be enough like smoking to get the hang of it.

After about a month, I bought my first mod.

Best wishes, I hope to hear another success story.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Recent convert here, fwiw i started on an ego aio. Maybe because I am a bit older, but the idea of vaping instead of smoking filled me with skepticism. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but my 18 year old son convinced me to try.

Congrats! You got into this world at a great time for options and devices. A lot of "starter" kits, notice the "", are really nice enough these days to please most vapers. I'm glad you were able to utilize vaping for your needs... it's wonderful.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Congrats on quitting the cancer sticks!

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I did a search here for the Mi-one and the Ego AIO is apparently the easier mod to find. Preferably, I'd rather source the gear locally because shipping from anywhere to Manila is costly and takes at least a month (mostly because our post office sucks).

I also found the Kanger Togo Mini. Really tiny as well. Does anyone have experience with this kit?

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
It really is a great device... I'd love to sell you one, but I don't currently ship internationally :(. I also don't wanna come in this thread to push my shop, not the right forum.

It's sincere advice no matter where you go. I just like to help.

I wish you luck! I would try Smoking Vapor's Website... I've met them, and they're really good people. I don't know their shipping policies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ship internationally. I know there are definitely options, I wish I could help you, but I know other good vendors who ship internationally will! Feel free to message me with questions. I may not ship to you, but I'm willing to offer what advice I can legally offer :). Keeping this community and industry going is priority one for me, so feel free to reach out!

My sister-in-law is visiting family in the US in July so I'm referring her to your website -- nice price for the mi-one. :)

kevinjp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got an Innokin Kroma as a prize and I gotta say I wish I had started out on that rather than the Ijust 2. It's a fantastic wee mod.

VU Sponsors