Become a Patron!

Need a starting tube kit

Hello,
Greetings everyone.I have a friend whose birthday is coming up and I would like to gift him a mechanical tube mod.He has vaped some ego pens before but that's it,he has no more experience in vaping.So why would I want to give him a mech mod? Because of their simplicity,NOW BEFORE YOU START LAUGHING.
I am certain that he would not enjoy an adjustable wattage mod or anything of that sort,but I need something with decent vapor production as he is a regular hookah smoker and would not be satisfied easily.So I have a tube mod kit in mind complete with a tank.This would be pretty simple for him as he would not have to fiddle with the V/W/TC. My budget is around 50 USD.Please give your suggestions down below.Also I need one with an 18650 battery as I do not trust inbuilt batteries to last long,buying one is stupidity in my opinion.
Thanks a lot!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Makes sense to me... I think everyone should start unregulated..... Is your friend gonna want to fiddle with builds???? Because diy coil are pretty much required with a mech.
Well fasttech has the biggest selection... but t hey are closed for holiday.

Really. As long as you avoid Hybrids... get the one that fancies the eye the most. An inset switch with a lock is best for pocket carry.

My $13 brass Origin Mech has served me well for 3 years.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
I was going to recommend the Smok V8 stick, but it has an internal battery.
It is easy and comes with the big baby beast tank. It still think it's worth a look and under budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello,
Greetings everyone.I have a friend whose birthday is coming up and I would like to gift him a mechanical tube mod.He has vaped some ego pens before but that's it,he has no more experience in vaping.So why would I want to give him a mech mod? Because of their simplicity,NOW BEFORE YOU START LAUGHING.
I am certain that he would not enjoy an adjustable wattage mod or anything of that sort,but I need something with decent vapor production as he is a regular hookah smoker and would not be satisfied easily.So I have a tube mod kit in mind complete with a tank.This would be pretty simple for him as he would not have to fiddle with the V/W/TC. My budget is around 50 USD.Please give your suggestions down below.Also I need one with an 18650 battery as I do not trust inbuilt batteries to last long,buying one is stupidity in my opinion.
Thanks a lot!
That's a pretty dumb first post. Because of the inherent DANGER of mechanicals, they are NOT for inexperienced users. Someone who has used an ego pen a few times, isn't an experienced user. You have to know ohm's law, battery safety and limits, how maintain your device, and a bunch of other things that are of KEY importance.

Not to mention the fact a mech and a tank, is a game of diminishing returns. The vape will be less and less, as the voltage is used during vaping.
So if you are smart, you would rethink your plan......

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a pretty dumb first post. Because of the inherent DANGER of mechanicals, they are NOT for inexperienced users. Someone who has used an ego pen a few times, isn't an experienced user. You have to know ohm's law, battery safety and limits, how maintain your device, and a bunch of other things that are of KEY importance.

Not to mention the fact a mech and a tank, is a game of diminishing returns. The vape will be less and less, as the voltage is used during vaping.
This is just pure ignorance......

Yes a mech require a little more thought to vape safe and well. Like knowing you amp limits of the battery and how to avoid going there.... We have BRAINS.. A regulated NANNY mod is NOT needed for safe or great vape. Just a brain and the ability to use it.

The brain properly used is the ONLY safety device needed . Everything else is a crutch.

Well the thing is as he will use the tank I give him,and the battery that I will give him.So considering that there is no danger as far as I know.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the thing is as he will use the tank I give him,and the battery that I will give him.So considering that there is no danger as far as I know.
The danger is that your friend is not doing the brain work...... someone else is....

Fact Is it is going to take many builds to get the vape right.. yeah you might get lucky and find a perfect out of the box vape. But unregulated that's unlikely.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was going to recommend the Smok V8 stick, but it has an internal battery.
It is easy and comes with the big baby beast tank. It still think it's worth a look and under budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1 on this suggestion. Knowing that your friend could use disposable coils with a mech makes it safer for me to recommend. Then when he's ready he can switch to the rta base.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 on this suggestion. Knowing that your friend could use disposable coils with a mech makes it safer for me to recommend. Then when he's ready he can switch to the rta base.

Whether one buys a coil or coil head from a store or twists it up themselves.. Has NOTHING to do with the coil being safe or not..... The construction and final ohm rate determine that. And with the fail rate of factory heads.... IDK, I have about 50 defective coilheads. (too low, too high, just doesn't fire).... Never had a self wrapped coil fail in 2.5 years of Building. They always come out within a 1/2 wrap of what the coil calculator I used to determine a safe build, said I would get. Also, because I set a safety limit of 80% of the batteries amp limit... I know that 1/2 wrap will never get me in trouble.. I don't draw EVER more than 16 amps from a 20 amp battery.. I use samsung 25R batts (tested at 22amps) That means I never build below .27 ohms on my mechs or on my Pico 75 that means I keep the wattage below about 50. See I don't trust the mod to keep me safe.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I agree 1000%. Stupid move to start off with a Mech. Get him a nice regulated mod and let him go on his vape journey at his own pace.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree 1000%. Stupid move to start off with a Mech. Get him a nice regulated mod and let him go on his vape journey at his own pace.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper
^^^^ This^^^^ Giving a mech to a noob is like buying a Ferrari for a kid that just got their driver's license, an accident waiting to happen!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^ This^^^^ Giving a mech to a noob is like buying a Ferrari for a kid that just got their driver's license, an accident waiting to happen!
And a 200 watt box mod running .1ohm coil isnt???? Not that that is what is being suggested... but many users do start that way.

A mech is more like a Jeep or VW bug or bucycle.... they pretty weak till you drop that BIG motor in the mounts.

A mech is just as safe a regulated IF the user is BEING safe FIRST.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And a 200 watt box mod running .1ohm coil isnt???? Not that that is what is being suggested... but many users do start that way.

A mech is more like a Jeep or VW bug or bucycle.... they pretty weak till you drop that BIG motor in the mounts.

Nope not the same as a mech mod at all.
The regulated mod has protections built in.
AND has a real 510 connector not just a hole for the atty to screw into and bump up against the battery like many mechs.
About the only thing you have to worry about in a regulated is the battery wraps in multiple battery mods.

Edit.
also if you want to vape above around 80 watts you can safely do so without endangering you face with a regulated.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Totally not a fair comparison at all. The regulated mod is exactly that, regulated. Yeah you can put a .1 coil in it that doesn't mean your going to blow youreself up. In fact in a regulated mod if you build to low past the mods parameters it just won't fire, hence the term regulated. Yeah you have 200 watts plus in your hands with most dual battery mods but that doesn't mean you have to use it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally would never recommend a mech as a device for someone with little to no experience ..Way too many rookie mistakes take place that can make it completely unsafe even on a non hybrid...Ive made mistakes with coils on rta and rda,s that im so glad I was using a regulated at the time..Only takes one FUK UP to realize a mech was a bad choice at that time.

Also I don't get why a mech is so sought after...You get a decent vape for 5 minutes then it goes to shit..Too many "blow clouds bro" videos on youtube using mechs...Do the ones watching it know the build is super low and most are risking injury to get those huge mech mod clouds?..Id put a regulated "clouds bro" video up against any mech mod video anytime...Sorry mech mod but ,you loose.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally would never recommend a mech as a device for someone with little to no experience ..Way too many rookie mistakes take place that can make it completely unsafe even on a non hybrid...Ive made mistakes with coils on rta and rda,s that im so glad I was using a regulated at the time..Only takes one FUK UP to realize a mech was a bad choice at that time.

Also I don't get why a mech is so sought after...You get a decent vape for 5 minutes then it goes to shit..Too many "blow clouds bro" videos on youtube using mechs...Do the ones watching it know the build is super low and most are risking injury to get those huge mech mod clouds?..Id put a regulated "clouds bro" video up against any mech mod video anytime...Sorry mech mod but ,you loose.
I get on average 22 hours of good vapor per battery on my Mechs.

If your only getting 5 minutes......

You did it wrong.

See.. the difference is I don't think anyone should vape at above about 10watts...regardless the device. Without KNOWING how to vape safe.....
Depending on a device is not what I call being safe. I think you need the same knowledge and abilities regardless the type of mod. Regulated. Unregulated or mechanical.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The difference of 4.2v and 3.7v or less is extremely noticeable to myself on a mech mod and a regulated....Its a constant downgrade to your vape and ill say that's as a fact because it is one....On a regulated you maintain the vape you like until you mod wont fire anymore due to low voltage which is below 3.7v.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hello,
Thanks a lot!

Sorry to be like this.

Obviously this person is a dear friend of yours and deserves only the best................

But do you really think having his teeth blown through the back of his skull is the perfect Birthday gift for him?

Granted that some mech's are a real work of art, IMHO no one should even be allowed to touch a mech before being properly educated on how to properly build and match coils to the battery they are using!

And practice building said coil and the use of a MultiMeter before applying current to said coil!

Get him a High Wattage VW mod and a good tank with replaceable coils. PIck the right one and it will BLOW Da HOOKAH out of the water with both flavor and vapor production!

Going from an Ego to a pure Mech is like putting a loaded Springfield 1911 .45 ACP into a crib and expecting a good outcome!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd just buy a Mini Sweet Hookah for him and a twenty and be done with it.
That is not at all what this thread is talking about, and was of no help what-so-ever, just sayin..........
tumblr_lr4i8bLpCH1qzmopno1_1280.gif

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
he is a regular hookah smoker and would not be satisfied easily

That is not at all what this thread is talking about, and was of no help what-so-ever, just sayin..........
tumblr_lr4i8bLpCH1qzmopno1_1280.gif

Sounds like the horse has been beat down enough about mechs, figured to tell the OP to get something he likes then...my bad.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Makes sense to me... I think everyone should start unregulated..... Is your friend gonna want to fiddle with builds???? Because diy coil are pretty much required with a mech.
Well fasttech has the biggest selection... but t hey are closed for holiday.

Really. As long as you avoid Hybrids... get the one that fancies the eye the most. An inset switch with a lock is best for pocket carry.

My $13 brass Origin Mech has served me well for 3 years.

Do you think he will enjoy a hand grenade instead of a mech mod?:xD:

Possible the same result.

One with a burst of flavor and one with just a BURST!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get on average 22 hours of good vapor per battery on my Mechs.

If your only getting 5 minutes......

You did it wrong.

See.. the difference is I don't think anyone should vape at above about 10watts...regardless the device. Without KNOWING how to vape safe.....
Depending on a device is not what I call being safe. I think you need the same knowledge and abilities regardless the type of mod. Regulated. Unregulated or mechanical.

Well, you've pretty well laid out what type of vapor you are. You toodle puff. Your ohm's are probably about 1.5.

Most people that use mechs, subohm. And most of those people know just what the hell they are doing.

I can bet you money, if this dude's buddy smokes hooka and vapes a pen, he wants to be a cloud jockey. Seems pretty obvious too, that neither the OP or the buddy know much of anything in respects to vaping and mechs. Mechs are NOT necessary or even a good idea anymore. Regulated mods have moved forward by leaps and bounds.

You are a complete tool if you think just anyone should jump in using mechs. What? Because you did and didn't blow off your face, you think every everyone else is good to go?

Grow up.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first generation of vapers all started out on mech mods they are not inherently dangerous,we didn't go around blowing ourselves up with them, ......however it depends on your friend educating themselves to vaping safely on mech mods....I'm not sure what you mean by "decent vapor" but your friend should realize the lower he wants to vape the more he needs to educate himself....it's funny there are all these people who go ape shit about the dangers of vaping with a mech mod....and then they go out and buy a chainsaw, or router, or skilsaw at home depot having no experince using any tool more powerful than a paper stapler or a computer keyboard, and think it's just fine. If your friend wants to mindlessly blow big clouds and doesn't want to take the time and the effort to learn the do's and don't of vaping right now....then steer him away from a mech mod....as to why use mech...they are simple, rugged easy to repair, and some of us enjoy the vape from them over regulated mods.... I own hand chisels made in japan using the same technology used to make Samuri sword, you can put an edge on them that you can shave with..if you mindlessly grab them by the blade they will cut you open quicker than you can blink...they are expensive, they are low tech, they are dangerous as hell in the hands of an idiot or the inexperinced......and no electric tool can come close to doing what they do.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope not the same as a mech mod at all.
The regulated mod has protections built in.
AND has a real 510 connector not just a hole for the atty to screw into and bump up against the battery like many mechs.
About the only thing you have to worry about in a regulated is the battery wraps in multiple battery mods.

Edit.
also if you want to vape above around 80 watts you can safely do so without endangering you face with a regulated.
...the great vast majority if them are not a hybrid connnection of atty pin to battery..most of them have an adjustable pin or floating pin.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whether one buys a coil or coil head from a store or twists it up themselves.. Has NOTHING to do with the coil being safe or not..... The construction and final ohm rate determine that. And with the fail rate of factory heads.... IDK, I have about 50 defective coilheads. (too low, too high, just doesn't fire).... Never had a self wrapped coil fail in 2.5 years of Building. They always come out within a 1/2 wrap of what the coil calculator I used to determine a safe build, said I would get. Also, because I set a safety limit of 80% of the batteries amp limit... I know that 1/2 wrap will never get me in trouble.. I don't draw EVER more than 16 amps from a 20 amp battery.. I use samsung 25R batts (tested at 22amps) That means I never build below .27 ohms on my mechs or on my Pico 75 that means I keep the wattage below about 50. See I don't trust the mod to keep me safe.
Totally agree! I would never give a mech to a friend as a starter. The smok is a glorified mech. If it had it, I would test my disposable smok coils on a tab and a regular mod before using them.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounds as if your friend is very new to vaping, and as the mod is not actually for you, I can't really recommend you get it for your friend.

if it was for you, and you was willing to learn, sure, but your friend may not be willing to learn even the most basic safety needed.
I would suggest a single 18650 regulated mod, with which your friend is far less likely to blow himself up with. Resistance doesn't matter in regards to battery amp load, so if he did attempt to build shoddily (Which he shouldn't, but you never know) he won't end up with a 0.1 potential pipebomb on his hands.

I know they are not tube styled, but there are lots of great, small regulated mods now, such as the Istick pico or Evic VTC mini. The Evic even offers starter kits, although the tank included is not the best with the stock coils I must admit, but it will still be a massive upgrade from an Ego style pen :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Instead of a new mid why not just get the friend a new atty to use with his ego batts....

I started with ego batts and CER tank... then got a PRO tank AND Naughty tank. Then learned to build coil in those. Then got a kayfun. Still using EGO 100mph sticks..... at this point I needed more power.. lowest I could do was 1.5ohm or so. I wanted to get to 1ohm. Solution was a mech.

3 years in I still use the mech but I also have a 75 watt regulated mod.... but I still also ADV vape at 30 watts or less. But i can do more.. I can do 75 watts with the pico... if I want more I can get almost 90 watts out of the mech... safely.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Instead of a new mid why not just get the friend a new atty to use with his ego batts....

I started with ego batts and CER tank... then got a PRO tank AND Naughty tank. Then learned to build coil in those. Then got a kayfun. Still using EGO 100mph sticks..... at this point I needed more power.. lowest I could do was 1.5ohm or so. I wanted to get to 1ohm. Solution was a mech.

3 years in I still use the mech but I also have a 75 watt regulated mod.... but I still also ADV vape at 30 watts or less. But i can do more.. I can do 75 watts with the pico... if I want more I can get almost 90 watts out of the mech... safely.

yep....it used to be you couldn't build below 1.2 on a regulated device and your couldn't get more than 15 watts and that was why most of us started using mechs...so we could vape more than 15 watts....everybody used mechs....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yep....it used to be you couldn't build below 1.2 on a regulated device and your couldn't get more than 15 watts and that was why most of us started using mechs...so we could vape more than 15 watts....everybody used mechs....
Haha!!!, Sorry this post made me laugh.
We were talking just last night about the 200$ price tag for a 15w mod with a 1.2ohm and 3a limit.
My times and tech has changed

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sub-ohming was born on mech mods....over the years almost every single accident I've read about had 3 things in common or a combination of 3 things in common.
1) shit cheap ass batteries or batteries with torn wraps
2) sub-ohm tanks with fixed 510 pins that were flush with the 510 connector being put on a hybrid mod
3) dipshits who were 25 years olds going on age 6, trying to blow as big a cloud as possible, because a friend told them big clouds will increase the girth of your penis.
let's face it if you are vaping and the button is burning your hand or you are wrapping a rag around the mod because it's too hot to hold, and you are going to ignore those red flags and "man" through it.....then you should probablly put down the mod and go out and play in rush hour traffic...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True but things have changed.
Now you can get lots more watts and clouds from a regulated mod than you can a mech.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True but things have changed.
Now you can get lots more watts and clouds from a regulated mod than you can a mech.
yeah..that is not the end all be all for most people...I'm not really sure what with series mech mods how much power you can get out of them...but for most vapers a single 18650 mech mod will do them fine.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Provari, only because most of the others weren't dc-dc.
Granted they were pwm also, just a much higher frequency.
Nowadays you have to search to find a rattlesnake mod. But, you don't have to break the bank for that output, plus you get relatively safe power delivery.
I live my mechs, but the nice thing is mechmods are now something that doesn't have to be used, anymore to get that same vape. Letting people learn how to use one safely before they get into it....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I once assumed I was safe once but decided to check an RDA on a regulated device first before installing it on my Copper SMPL hybrid mod...It say "Atomizer short"..What does it say on a mech mod when it has a short?..Oh that's right, Nothing at all, it just vents or causes injury.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once assumed I was safe once but decided to check an RDA on a regulated device first before installing it on my Copper SMPL hybrid mod...It say "Atomizer short"..What does it say on a mech mod when it has a short?..Oh that's right, Nothing at all, it just vents or causes injury.
Yep while the user keeps pressing the button trying to get it to fire.

A shorted battery will not fire an atty.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
....how many stories have you yourself actually heard of a battery venting over a short in an atty????...after years of vaping I've heard very very few and none of them ended in the battery venting...probablly more people die in their own bathtub.. or fall asleep with a cigarette burning and burn the house down......the fact of the matter is reality just doesn't bear out the fearmongering...the fact that tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people have used mech mods for years now with practically no record of injuries besides the very rare and occasional incedent always caused by user error stands on it's own...the lurid photos and hysterical rants of non vaping journalists using these accidents not to inform the public to the results of the abusing of a safe product, but on the contrary to use them to paint all vaping as dangerous is the real threat.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Want a safe mech? Get one of the Tesla or other brands that have basic protections but act like a mosfet mech.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Want a safe mech? Get one of the Tesla or other brands that have basic protections but act like a mosfet mech.
wanna safe mech..learn how to use them properly...I know far more professional woodworkers who've been injured using a tablesaw, than I know vapers injured by mech mods, and nobody including the people injured while using a tablesaw, thinks that tablesaws are inhernetly dangerous. In fact the people I know who have been injured using a tablesaw did not stop using them, they just realized a new found respect for them.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
wanna safe mech..learn how to use them properly...I know far more professional woodworkers who've been injured using a tablesaw, than I know vapers injured by mech mods, and nobody including the people injured while using a tablesaw, thinks that tablesaws are inhernetly dangerous. In fact the people I know who have been injured using a tablesaw did not stop using them, they just realized a new found respect for them.
Those are called Mistakes....Fortunately when talking about mods we have good safety parameters built into regulated mods..Even experienced mech users make mistakes that can lead to injury..To condone someone new to mech mods is purely irresponsible IMO...Ive said before I own and use a mech time to time but ive learned enough over the years to give me a fighting chance at not making rookie mistakes that can possibly injure myself but it still happens sometimes, just luckily those mistakes have been caught due to my cautiousness and I haven't been injured.

From what ive seen on this forum, most asking about a mech mod are from a younger crowd who know nothing about them and want to be cool like those they see on youtube who risk injury by pushing the limits of a battery to get those big clouds...would you recommend a 500hp corvette to a 16yr old as a first car?...Its not even just about super low ohms and batteries that get someone hurt..a short is a short no matter if you are using a 10 amp battery on a 1 ohm coil or 30 amps on a .14ohm coil...When they get some coil building experience and have the proper tools like an ohm meter and understand ohms law then maybe I wouldn't hesitate to help someone using a mech mod...when they want to be stupid then they deserve to learn the hard way and deserve what they get for being a dumbass.

This debate has taken place many many times on this forum and its never going to change apparently...Bottom line fact is a regulated device is 1 million times safer than any mech mod on any day of the week and will be till the end of time and a regulated can give more power and blow bigger clouds than the dumbass who presses his luck to look cool.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dumb punk kids are not running out buying table saws because all their friends are using them to make BIG piles of sawdust. Most people that own a table saw have a little common sense and know something about power tools.

Punk kids blowing clouds just know they want to blow clouds. They don't think about the potential pipe bomb in their hands.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
one of my own personel mottos ...assume nothing...LOL.

Here is one example of how little assuming I do......

My home defense weapon is a revolver. It has sat in a holster next to my pillow for 25 years. My grandpas pillow for 50 before that.. Yet every night before bed I open the cylinder and check the load....further even though I have not fired ammo through it in two years I still clean it every Saturday morning and reload it. Sometimes with fresh ammo.

I never assume that weapon is ready to go. My families lives might depend on it. So I check it and maintain it.. even though I know I just checked it and cleaned and nobody else has touched it.

I treat my mods the same way.

For the guy above... I have never attached an atty to a mod and gotten an atty short warning..or without knowing the ohm rate...why? BECAUSE I would never assume the meter in a mod was correct or working. I always check stuff with a stand alone meter before even getting the atty near a mod.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dumb punk kids are not running out buying table saws because all their friends are using them to make BIG piles of sawdust. Most people that own a table saw have a little common sense and know something about power tools.

Punk kids blowing clouds just know they want to blow clouds. They don't think about the potential pipe bomb in their hands.
the johnny homeowner, with his craftsman tablesaw is about as dumb when it comes to the use of tools as any kid....I know what your saying, but those dumb punk kids are going to do stupid shit no matter what we do.
Don't get me wrong, I am personally very happy we have these new regulated mods for the people who want to grab some tank and blow massive clouds and have .1 builds.....I'm really happy we have the technology so they don't blow their assess up, however I don't endorse the fear mongering surrounding the use of mech mods as "pipe bombs" just waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Mista Malice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Lulz

A Mech Mod is a bad idea for a 1st time user. They don't come with instruction manuals and the people that buy them generally know about Ohms Law, Coil Building, and Battery Safety prior to buying one. It's thoughtful of you to get your Friend one as a gift but it could also result in disaster and you might regret it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Lulz

A Mech Mod is a bad idea for a 1st time user. They don't come with instruction manuals and the people that buy them generally know about Ohms Law, Coil Building, and Battery Safety prior to buying one. It's thoughtful of you to get your Friend one as a gift but it could also result in disaster and you might regret it.
^^^ This

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Basically giving a Mech to a new user that isn't an experienced builder, experienced with Ohms law or knowledgeable with proper batteries is just like giving someone with a learners permit the keys to a Ferrari Enzo.

Bad things usually happens.

VU Sponsors