Become a Patron!

need a wattage range for a .5 subohm coil

badmamjam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi. I'm looking for a wattage range I can use for a .5 kanthal coil in a subohm tank (Innokin Sub G) on a temp-controlled mod (EVIC VT). Of course, I can't use the temp-control mode with a Kanthal wire, but it will let me adjust the wattage. I am looking for a range so that I can save $ on juice by burning it slower.

I love the tank, and I love the mod, so I'd like to keep those the same and just make sure I have the correct wattage.

It is supposed to automatically adjust the ohms, but I want to know how to confirm the ohms are correct for that wattage. Could I use an ohms calculator for that?

Thanks very much in advance.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
More power equals more juice consumption..no way around that...the lower your ohms are the more power that is needed to fire it up.

On an evod i had with 8 watts i wouldnt even burn through 10ml a day..With a .5 ohm coil at 25 to 35 watts its now tripled to 25 to 30ml a day...There is no "juice consumption saving mode" except with higher ohms and less power.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Subohm tanks are designed to produce lots of vapor. Try 20-25 watts with the airflow on the smallest setting to start.

badmamjam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, Mike.

And Zamazam, so I'm assuming 20 watts isn't "too low" for such a coil, tank, and mod? (You can tell I'm new to this. ;) )

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
20 watts will be about 3 volts and in my opinion be a shitty vape...you probably wont get much vapor at all nor any flavor...i would suggest trying higher ohm coils then a much lower wattage can be used and still be able to supply enough voltage to the coils to enjoy your vape...juice consumption will drop as well a significant amount.

No matter what ohm coil ive used it takes at least 3.5v or higher to the coil to get a decent vape from it...25 watts would put you about there but its still not going to be so easy on juice consumption.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors