Become a Patron!

Need advice please...

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, I am looking for recommendations on a vape that will best suit my needs. A little history: I have been smoking for 29 years about a pack a day. I've read through some stories here and have had similar experiences with trying to quit, CT, patches, gums etc... About seven years ago I tried the e cigs and they just didn't do it for me, I didn't get that throat hit I got from smoking.
Well after doing some research and reading through the forums here I am really motivated to finally kick this stuff to the curb. I want better overall health and to feel better about myself (smoking makes me feel guilty).
So recently I've done my share of research and I honestly feel overwhelmed with what device I should start with. I was hoping to just list some criteria and hopefully get some suggestions from this community. I also do understand that vaping is not like smoking but I would like to make the experience as similar as possible, I think that would help me a lot. So here is what I would like: A mouth to lung toke similar to smoking with a decent throat hit. Clouds similar to cigs (lots of smoke is not a big deal to me). If the device looked like a cigarette that would be great, not a deal breaker though since I need to get over the concept somehow. A fairly low maintenance device and easy to use, I don't picture myself using this as a hobby but I do understand coil replacement etc... is part of it. I would like to use a cigarette tasting e juice to start with (I smoke American spirits now). I don't really have a budget so whatever it takes, that being said it seems like some of the pricier mods might be overkill for me. I should mention I live in a very rural part of California so I would order everything on line.
I would be grateful for any suggestions that might come close to meeting my criteria. Anyone that quit cigs is a hero to me, just throwing that out there. Thank you

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would recommend a simple setup like the iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini tank for example. Average cost for the kit would be a weeks worth of Cigarette money with a Pack Day smoker. Simple to learn to use and maintain plus a built in battery so not learning to care for batteries. When you are comfortable with it you can upgrade and still have the iStick for a stealthy MOD or pocket-ability for working. Just my suggestion because it worked for me and using mine right now while out doing the yard work.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Rick, welcome to VU.

Getting overwhelmed is easy in today's market, we have so many options these days, compared to just a couple years ago, even.

For something with the type of draw that you would like, without getting into something that you'd need to make your own coils for, then the Aspire Nautilus tank might be a good option for you. Coils can last a couple of weeks before you'd need to switch them out. It's been around for a few years, and people still love that one.

As far as what to use that on, do you think you'd prefer a stick type device, or a box type? Many of the mini box mods are about the size of a pack of cigarettes, some even smaller. Then the regular sized ones, a bit larger, obviously, LOL. Some take batteries, some have internal batteries.

Juices that taste like a cigarette... well, most of them taste like a cigarette smells, before it's lit. Getting that burnt, ashy taste is a bit more tricky, unless you're looking to mix your own, someday. It's not impossible, I'm sure there are some decent mixes out there, but I ended up liking other flavors better. Some like the NET (naturally extracted tobacco) mixes, but I hear those are tougher on coils, shortening the life of them.

I like throat hit, myself. In the beginning I was buying 18-24mg nic juice, and in a high PG blend. With a nautilus tank, that would work well, at low wattage. Should you venture into a set up that puts out more wattage, or you find that you like a higher wattage better, then you wouldn't necessarily want juice in that high of a strength. Me, I get great throat hit with high PG, even using 8mg of nic, these days, I no longer have to use that higher strength of nic. :)

You'll get a lot of suggestions here. Try not to get overwhelmed, you don't have to choose anything right away. Hopefully, we'll get you on the path to vaping successfully :)

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend a simple setup like the iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini tank for example. Average cost for the kit would be a weeks worth of Cigarette money with a Pack Day smoker. Simple to learn to use and maintain plus a built in battery so not learning to care for batteries. When you are comfortable with it you can upgrade and still have the iStick for a stealthy MOD or pocket-ability for working. Just my suggestion because it worked for me and using mine right now while out doing the yard work.

Steve thank you for your reply. I guess I'm a little bit more of a newbie than I let on. So the I stick powers the nautilus correct? Obviously they are compatible or you wouldn't have suggested it. Other than extra coils would I need anything else (besides e juice)?

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Rick, welcome to VU.

Getting overwhelmed is easy in today's market, we have so many options these days, compared to just a couple years ago, even.

For something with the type of draw that you would like, without getting into something that you'd need to make your own coils for, then the Aspire Nautilus tank might be a good option for you. Coils can last a couple of weeks before you'd need to switch them out. It's been around for a few years, and people still love that one.

As far as what to use that on, do you think you'd prefer a stick type device, or a box type? Many of the mini box mods are about the size of a pack of cigarettes, some even smaller. Then the regular sized ones, a bit larger, obviously, LOL. Some take batteries, some have internal batteries.

Juices that taste like a cigarette... well, most of them taste like a cigarette smells, before it's lit. Getting that burnt, ashy taste is a bit more tricky, unless you're looking to mix your own, someday. It's not impossible, I'm sure there are some decent mixes out there, but I ended up liking other flavors better. Some like the NET (naturally extracted tobacco) mixes, but I hear those are tougher on coils, shortening the life of them.

I like throat hit, myself. In the beginning I was buying 18-24mg nic juice, and in a high PG blend. With a nautilus tank, that would work well, at low wattage. Should you venture into a set up that puts out more wattage, or you find that you like a higher wattage better, then you wouldn't necessarily want juice in that high of a strength. Me, I get great throat hit with high PG, even using 8mg of nic, these days, I no longer have to use that higher strength of nic. :)

You'll get a lot of suggestions here. Try not to get overwhelmed, you don't have to choose anything right away. Hopefully, we'll get you on the path to vaping successfully :)

Thank you for your reply Huckleberried, I am thinking 18 mg would be a good start for me with the setup Steve suggested above. Just out of curiosity what stick type would you suggest that would work with a Nautilus tank? Thank you

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't used a stick in a really long time, but I see them scattered around still. Many of them come as starter kits, which would include a tank, just not necessarily a tighter draw, like the Nautilus, but you can use it on them.

Eleaf iJust 2
Kanger Subvod
Smok makes the Smok Stick, but it comes with the Baby Beast tank... not the direction you're headed for just yet. Those are more of a direct lung tank, from what I've seen. A guy at wok has one, blows clouds like a freight train, lol.
Innokin Endura is another I saw, but also is a kit. They made one of my most favorite stick type ever - the v v 3, it just didn't have very long battery life. They now have a vv4, too.
Joyetech makes an all in one device, but the draw on the tank that's part of it might be a bit too airy.

I use mini box mods, myself. The first one I ever had was weird to get used to, but I've not used a stick type since. For those, I like the Eleaf Pico. It's limited to a 23mm size tank, or smaller, but I like that size, anyway. My other fave kind is the Joyetech VTC mini. These both require an external battery. They've been out a bit, but people still really like, and recommend them, for single battery options.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I always tell new vapers istick 30 or 40w & nautilus 5ml. Easy & effective. For juice, order 2, one tobacco(halo Tribeca is very good) and for other pick a fruit or dessert vape. I tried 18mg at first but needed 24 to quit smoking. Order one 18 & one 24. If money not an issue, order full size nautilus & a mini.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Rick and welcome aboard! The best overall device I've seen so far for people looking to quit smoking; and, NOT get into the hobby side, has been the innokin endura series. In particular the endura t20. They did a great job at mimicking the performance of a cigarette, it has replaceable coils and the kit usually available for around 20$ https://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-Endura-T20-Starter-Kit-p/ink-end30.htm
The coils are 10$ for 5 https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INK-END40
if you got a bottle juice around 15-20$ you could be well on your way for less than a 50$ investment.
I'd you wanted a mod and Rani rather than a pen setup, the Nautilus 2 would be my hand down top recommendation for tank. https://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire-Nautilus-2-Tank-p/ap-mnz10.htm
Coils
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire-Nautilus-2-Replacement-Atomizer-Heads-p/ap-mnz20.htm

For a mod I would say just about anything, but would recommend either the istick pico , does a good inexpensive option with plenty offer.
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-iSmoka-iStick-Pico-75W-Body-Only-p/elis-is7595.htm
Or sigelei 213 mini
https://www.bing.com/search?q=sogelei+213+mini&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

For juice, at smoking a pack a day, the 18mg would be a good starting point, I would think.
A good tobacco flavor would be halo tribeco, but at 20$ alot of people find it overly pricey.http://www.myvaporstore.com/HaloCigs-eLiquid-30ml-Tribeca-p/haetri.htm
I used to vape something called backwoods bear from a local shop at 23$ for 60ml. I found it a great substitute
https://www.vapingtiger.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=0123_backwoods

Last edited:

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, thank you so much for such great feedback to my thread, I definitely feel I'm going in the right direction now. I think I've narrowed it down to what I want. I think I will get the aspire zelos kit with the nautilus 2 tank, would this device give a good throat hit? Also I will try the halo tribeca at 18 mg to start, that should work pretty well with my kit correct? I am also considering the innokin endura t20 as a back up device, overkill? Or good Idea? Sorry for all the newbie questions. This community rocks! Thanks again

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, thank you so much for such great feedback to my thread, I definitely feel I'm going in the right direction now. I think I've narrowed it down to what I want. I think I will get the aspire zelos kit with the nautilus 2 tank, would this device give a good throat hit? Also I will try the halo tribeca at 18 mg to start, that should work pretty well with my kit correct? I am also considering the innokin endura t20 as a back up device, overkill? Or good Idea? Sorry for all the newbie questions. This community rocks! Thanks again
a back up device wouldn't hurt..gotta charge the Zelos and stay off smoking cigarettes during that time if that's your goal

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
throat hit should be there for sure with 18mg and even 12mg..I find the MTL (mouth to lung) style vapes to have a good throat hit in general..Also 60/40 blends hit quite naturally.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I can only suggest what I know, but the eleaf iStick GS Air 2 might be a good device to start with. It's small and simple, nothing great though. As for juice I'm not too sure for tobacco, but nicotine around 10 to 18 mg should do. Try a 50/50 VG/PG mix. I really hope ya can kick them cigs mate.
Welcome to VU :wave:

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Innokin T20 in my opinion would be a good primary or backup. I think it comes with only one coil so make sure you order extras with it. Having 2 devices let's you vape 2 flavors without hassle also. Backups are necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I second the Zelos kit. It is a well built complete kit. All you really need to do is buy juice with it. Throat hit is going to depend on what juice you buy. There are basically 5 things you can do to increase the throat hit. Use higher nic juice, use a higher PG blend, increase the wattage or temp, decrease the airflow, and use menthol or citrus juices. Any one of those things will increase the throat hit you get in varying degrees. I did a full review of the Zelos kit. Here is a link.

https://www.vapinginsider.com/aspire-zelos-kit-review/

Here is a stealthy type of setup that will give you a MTL experience as well.

https://www.vapinginsider.com/hangsen-genesis-review/

Hope this helps. If you have any questions just ask. Most of us are here to help.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Since you're going with the Halo juice, they don't publish their PG to VG ratios in their regular line, but, they're believed to be high in PG, so that's helpful for you in line with wanting throat hit. Good luck with your purchases, and I hope you get on the path you're wanting!

Good stuff :)

apexkingjusto

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get something like a juul, I started w that, loved it, but have moved on. Literally have no interest in cigs. I transitioned over time, eventually lost interest, still have 3/4 filled packs!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is a common fallacy to think that trying to mimic cigarette smoking will necessarily always give you a higher chance of success at quitting cigarettes. The key factor is to accept immediately from the start that vaping is not smoking, and to look for the vape experience that is the most satisfying TO YOU. So don't go by the assumption that MTL is for you. It either might be, or it might not. Personally, I, was able to quit smoking instantaneously by vaping. This does not make me feel proud or anything, just a really very lucky bastard is all. Before I picked up vaping I had been smoking 16 - 17 red Marlboros per day for more than 20 years. All I basically did was walk into a vape shop and buy that which many or most would describe as "a cloud chasing beginner's setup" (i.e. the exact opposite of MTL style). This was in mid January so, next week, I will be smoke free for 7 months. It goes to show how personal preferences regarding the ideal vape experience cannot usually be taught to anyone. Learning how to build your own coils makes miracles happen. Sure, it takes some dedication to learn. But it's still only a small sacrifice when compared to what I gained in return.

If vaping high nic level juice in a MTL tank (or in a very restricted airflow tank such as the Merlin Mini) leaves you wanting for more, but you still must have throat hit, then try making braided coils. Squidoode (The Art of Vaping) on YouTube has a list of eleven coil build tutorials, three of which are teaching how to make braided coils.
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-S9dviEkc&list=PLX6doxgDDIU-XIM3lEsGmchaVZJkIlNk7

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again for all the replies. So here is my update: I got the aspire zelos with the nautilus 2 tank (.7 coil). I really like the ease of use and think it's great. I also settled on the blacknote e juice 12 mg (50/50) and love the taste. I'm a bit embarrassed here because I was so concerned about the throat hit and when I first tried it I think it was too much and really coughed hard. I opened the vent holes and that helped a little bit and figured I could get used to it, but it still feels too strong. I have it set at 12 Watts. I also feel really light headed everytime I use it so I wonder if my mg might be too high? I am definitely committed to this I'm just wondering what adjustments I can make so the experience is better. Thought I would ask the experts, thank you.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again for all the replies. So here is my update: I got the aspire zelos with the nautilus 2 tank (.7 coil). I really like the ease of use and think it's great. I also settled on the blacknote e juice 12 mg (50/50) and love the taste. I'm a bit embarrassed here because I was so concerned about the throat hit and when I first tried it I think it was too much and really coughed hard. I opened the vent holes and that helped a little bit and figured I could get used to it, but it still feels too strong. I have it set at 12 Watts. I also feel really light headed everytime I use it so I wonder if my mg might be too high? I am definitely committed to this I'm just wondering what adjustments I can make so the experience is better. Thought I would ask the experts, thank you.

I remember the day I went from my e-pen to a regulated mod. I put 18mg in the tank. I almost passed out. If you're light headed it's probably too much nic.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

If you're feeling light headed you might need to lower your nicotine or take smaller vape sessions. I'd drop your nic down to 6 see how that feels. Are you staying hydrated? Cause ya get dehydrated when vaping, I go through about 2 quarts to a gallon a day, but that's just me, can't speak for anyone else..

P.S don't be embarrassed, we all were new at some point. Hope everything works out for you

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the more pg the more throat hit + the more vg the smoother it gets.. 50/50 is harsh to me 60/40 is a bit better but not really. 70/30 is perfect in most cases. Anything higher than that might not wick properly in those little coils. i'd recommend a higher VG ratio before dropping your nic strength imo.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I would recommend you try 70vg 6mg juice. If you're not light headed and not jonesing for nic you'll have your answer. Could be both. If too much Pg is your problem, easy fix. Most local shops keep vg, just ask for a few mls. Shops around here usually don't charge for a small amount.

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the more pg the more throat hit + the more vg the smoother it gets.. 50/50 is harsh to me 60/40 is a bit better but not really. 70/30 is perfect in most cases. Anything higher than that might not wick properly in those little coils. i'd recommend a higher VG ratio before dropping your nic strength imo.
I believe blacknote only comes in 50/50 blends, which sucks because I love their taste. So maybe a lower nicotine level might be the answer?

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend you try 70vg 6mg juice. If you're not light headed and not jonesing for nic you'll have your answer. Could be both. If too much Pg is your problem, easy fix. Most local shops keep vg, just ask for a few mls. Shops around here usually don't charge for a small amount.
So you can add vg to an existing blend? Sorry for the newbie question.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yes, it will mute the flavor some. Just add to tank to see if it helps. Don't forget it will also lower nic a bit too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Steve thank you for your reply. I guess I'm a little bit more of a newbie than I let on. So the I stick powers the nautilus correct? Obviously they are compatible or you wouldn't have suggested it. Other than extra coils would I need anything else (besides e juice)?

I started with that setup and it is still in use today as my stealth/work MOD Kit. Easy to use simple top charge and Pass Thru for when it goes low out in the field! Server me well! Fits in a pocket well and just remember to turn it off.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave a zelos to my mate, it's a good little starter kit but I still prefer the nautilus mini to nautilus 2. The draw on the mini is more my preference, even with the airflow closed off on the nautilus 2 it's not as restricted as I'd want it

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me put it this way.. I when I bought a second device specifically MTL for a back up to my sub-ohm device. I bought a couple 60/40's as I thought I wanted a bit of throat hit..They're horrible.I still have them and they are collecting dust. The only thing that keeps me vaping is 70VG & 80VG blends. You can try adding some VG to your 50/50 but the amount you would have to add to make it vapable would kill the flavour and nic so bad that it wouldn't be pleasurable. I know it's frustrating wasting money (we've all done it) but in all honestly and with the best intentions I think you should just move on to some proper e-juice. The stuff you have now simply isn't making you happy. The sooner you find a PLEASURABLE VAPE the better you're chances of making the switch. I went back to smoking trying to make 60/40s work for me and they never can or will. I dunno just my 2cents.. Congrats on the sweet kit! I urge you to find something that doesn't make you hack and tastes stellar..that may take a little trial and error..and some wasted $$..still cheaper than smoking lol Good luck :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If he just adds vg to current tank it answers his questions. I never said it would taste good. Cheapest way to figure out problem.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Let me put it this way.. I when I bought a second device specifically MTL for a back up to my sub-ohm device. I bought a couple 60/40's as I thought I wanted a bit of throat hit..They're horrible.I still have them and they are collecting dust. The only thing that keeps me vaping is 70VG & 80VG blends. You can try adding some VG to your 50/50 but the amount you would have to add to make it vapable would kill the flavour and nic so bad that it wouldn't be pleasurable. I know it's frustrating wasting money (we've all done it) but in all honestly and with the best intentions I think you should just move on to some proper e-juice. The stuff you have now simply isn't making you happy. The sooner you find a PLEASURABLE VAPE the better you're chances of making the switch. I went back to smoking trying to make 60/40s work for me and they never can or will. I dunno just my 2cents.. Congrats on the sweet kit! I urge you to find something that doesn't make you hack and tastes stellar..that may take a little trial and error..and some wasted $$..still cheaper than smoking lol Good luck :)

Adding Nicotine in VG solves that problem as I only buy my Nicotine in VG because my DIY is always MAX VG.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I add my Nicotine in VG all the time to Zero blends and have only increased the flavor. Just what I personally experienced remember.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you can add vg to an existing blend? Sorry for the newbie question.
Pure VG tastes somewhat sweet, just not as sweet as most commercial juices. So you could add a small amount of VG to an existing blend that you find overly sweet, but doing so would also dilute the flavorings somewhat, making it less in-your-face if that's what you like better. The nic level would also be decreased unless you compensate for that by adding the correct amount of nic base (also commonly referred to as nic booster) accordingly. Nic base also comes in different strengths of nic as well as different VG/PG ratios. Vaping (very) high VG juice in a tank can potentially cause a problem with the wicking. VG is more syrupy than PG so with 80 percent VG or higher you should probably get an RDA because RDAs lend themselves better for this particular style of vaping. I know not that many people do, but when I first started vaping I skipped tanks and just went straight for an RDA instead, and was vaping it at 80 watts. Too much PG gives an artificial taste and just makes me feel seasick. lol

Not too long ago I made myself a 100ml bottle of DIY juice at 3mg/ml of nic strength. It was my first attempt at DIY mixing. All I basically did was measure 8.5ml of PG nic base the nic strength of which was 36mg, add 8.5ml of TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) "Pralines And Cream" flavoring, and then add 83ml of VG. Shake vigorously, let it rest in a dark place at normal room temperature, let most of the alcohol smell escape from the bottle (by simply letting fresh, clean air in). Shake thoroughly, let it rest again, repeat. Once or twice per day ought to be enough I think, or else you can just give it more patience instead if that's what you prefer. Pralines And Cream takes a very, VERY long time to steep, though... I mean, it needed more than 2 whole months of waiting before it finally started to become good enough to vape. The end result is too weak on both the flavoring and the sweetness for my taste. So what I did next was I took 2.5ml of my DIY juice, added 2.5ml of Beard "sweet tobaccocino", added 2.5ml of Beard "custard with a dash of custard", and added 2.5ml of Caggadaga "cannoli be one". Shake. Vape!

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I highly recommend that you try the original Nautilus BVC 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils and try vaping at lower power, around 7 to 9W I believe you will find that better for you. Don't add VG you're vaping a NET not candy :D
If that's still too strong you can buy pg and VG and add the ratio you want but that will dilute your flavor as well as the nicotine, however I doubt you will find 12 mg too strong at lower power with the coils I recommend.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I highly recommend that you try the original Nautilus BVC 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils and try vaping at lower power, around 7 to 9W I believe you will find that better for you. Don't add VG you're vaping a NET not candy :D
If that's still too strong you can buy pg and VG and add the ratio you want but that will dilute your flavor as well as the nicotine, however I doubt you will find 12 mg too strong at lower power with the coils I recommend.
I still use a nautilus mini with the 1.6 coil after nearly 4 years! Second this :)

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I still use a nautilus mini with the 1.6 coil after nearly 4 years! Second this :)
The Nautilus Mini is a timeless classic, the MTL device that just flat out works well and puts to shame many of the newer "advanced" tanks as far as MTL vape flavor and quality with the 1.6 and 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Nautilus Mini is a timeless classic, the MTL device that just flat out works well and puts to shame many of the newer "advanced" tanks as far as MTL vape flavor and quality with the 1.6 and 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils.
Absolutely,
i just " topped " up my mini last night with Lava Flow and i'm digging it to no end :confetti:.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear that, it's as good as my rta's!

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If that's still too strong you can buy pg and VG and add the ratio you want but that will dilute your flavor as well as the nicotine, however I doubt you will find 12 mg too

Your recommendation of trying the 1.8 ohm coil was spot on, I was using a .7 ohm. Now I feel it's the perfect hit. Thank you!

Ricks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: So now I feel my vape hits perfect. Its very smooth and the throat hit is great. Thanks to everyone and their help here!

Because I was getting really dizzy on 12 mg (50/50) I asked Blacknote to send me 6 mg (50/50), unfortunately I am still experiencing lots of dizziness after just a couple of hits. Maybe it will subside with time? Maybe I should try 3 mg? Seems strange since I smoke a pack a day of cigs. Or maybe I need to switch brands? Halo Tribeca? Any suggestions would be great thank you.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update: So now I feel my vape hits perfect. Its very smooth and the throat hit is great. Thanks to everyone and their help here!

Because I was getting really dizzy on 12 mg (50/50) I asked Blacknote to send me 6 mg (50/50), unfortunately I am still experiencing lots of dizziness after just a couple of hits. Maybe it will subside with time? Maybe I should try 3 mg? Seems strange since I smoke a pack a day of cigs. Or maybe I need to switch brands? Halo Tribeca? Any suggestions would be great thank you.
I used to get dizzy off vaping at first, & I'm still on high nicotine but if lower keeps you off cigarettes that's all that happens.
Them 1.8 coils are great aren't they?? :)
I've been using rryy44 it's a sweet tobacco & I used to hate tobacco flavours!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

Nicotine fatigue will pass over time. Just remember to stay hydrated and know your limit. If you can only vape a little before getting dizzy, then that's your limit. It'll increase as your lungs get used to the vapor. Think of it as training wheels on a bike. Might not be totally accurate, but that's how it is for me. Once the 6 mg arrives, see if it makes a difference. Hope it all works out for ya. :vino:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yes, it actually might be too high nic level -- I smoked for almost 40 yrs, at least a pk a day or more, and both 18mg and 12mg made me sick as a DAWG, I had to go to 6mg to be able to start vaping regularly. I also transitioned slowly, letting my mind get used to it, that I was getting the same satisfaction in a slightly different format, proving to my stubborn brain that it really could work; once I was finally off cigs completely (about a month), I went up to 9 or 10mg, and pretty much just stayed there.

Welcome to a whole new world!! :)

Andria

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it actually might be too high nic level -- I smoked for almost 40 yrs, at least a pk a day or more, and both 18mg and 12mg made me sick as a DAWG, I had to go to 6mg to be able to start vaping regularly. I also transitioned slowly, letting my mind get used to it, that I was getting the same satisfaction in a slightly different format, proving to my stubborn brain that it really could work; once I was finally off cigs completely (about a month), I went up to 9 or 10mg, and pretty much just stayed there.

Welcome to a whole new world!! :)

Andria
When I first vaped I was dizzy for a few days an then it passed, I've vaped for 8 years an I'm on 18mg. If I went lower I think I'd smoke again.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first vaped I was dizzy for a few days an then it passed, I've vaped for 8 years an I'm on 18mg. If I went lower I think I'd smoke again.

Everyone seems very individual in their tolerance, once it's *just nicotine*, without all the other poisons. Might be something as simple as the permeability of one's mucus membranes in the mouth, nose, and throat. Also has a GREAT deal to do with the technique; I already inhaled very shallowly, and took long slow draws, thanks to my asthma, so I started right off with pretty good absorption, and didn't need a very high nic level at any point.

Andria

VU Sponsors