Become a Patron!

Need an rta please help with a vote

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
So im in need of an rta and have and have narrowed my choices down to 4 please vote for the one you think i should get thank you.

Ijoy limitless XL
Wismic Reux
Marlin 22mm
Griffin 25rta plus

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
depends on your limits and price range
the limitless XL has a new version kinda (cause ijoy and limitless broke up) so they have the EXO XL they aren't true RTAs but have RBA decks
The Reux, haven't tried it but haven't been happy with anything from wismec personally. also not a true RTA but has RBA deck option
The merlin is OK. better suited for single coils IMO. nothing special
Griffin 25 plus is a great option for sure

Other good options are
Boreas and Aromamizer Supreme

If you were looking at a 30mm RTA the Aromamizer Plus is a beast

I have a list of my favorite stuff of 2016 right here
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/anthony-vapes-best-of-2016.298754/

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
the limitless XL has a new version kinda (cause ijoy and limitless broke up) so they have the EXO XL they aren't true RTAs but have RBA decks
The Reux, haven't tried it but haven't been happy with anything from wismec personally. also not a true RTA but has RBA deck option

Other good options are

Just because they broke up does it mean the tank is bad? I broke up with a bunch of girlfriends but my junk still works great lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just because they broke up does it mean the tank is bad? I broke up with a bunch of girlfriends but my junk still works great lol
lol doesn't mean the tank is bad at all. it's probably a good tank, I'm just saying if there is a newer improved version of it why not opt for the newer version?

from what i found this is the difference
Compared with Limitless XL, EXO XL enlarges the e-liquid capacity to 5ml, increased the diameter to 26mm. It still remains the XL chip coil system, compatible with the optional XL-1, XL-2, XL-2S decks, which satisfies you different vaping experience. It can prominently work at most 215W. The chassis features a large glass tank assembly with 'XL' bracing integrated within the tank reservoir. Moreover, it comes with top fill system, adjustable airflow control as well as delrin wide bore drip tip. 4 colors available, black, SS, blue and gold. All in all, this EXO XL is an ideal choice for high wattage sub ohm vapers.

So basically uses the same coils/rba deck but larger and holds more juice. might help with thick juices as well cuase i heard people say thick juice got stuck between the X part and glass at times in the limitless XL

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Being a single coil kind of guy, I do like the Merlin.

And it is capable of dual coils easy peasy

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years

Other good options are

Screw price im sick of garbage if money was not an issue what would be the best rta in your opinion. But when it comes down to it money will be an issue lol what would your dream rta be?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found my dream dual coil RTA so far, The Billow V3 Plus...Exceeds air flow of the Griffin 25 or at least ALOT smoother..Flavor is matched if not better than the Griffin25 on every review ive seen and if im not mistaken even has a larger velocity style build deck ...Now searching for my dream single coil tank...The Merlin you have listed is on my list to try and is infact ordered along with 5 other single coil RTA's...Best of luck finding what you like best

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Screw price im sick of garbage if money was not an issue what would be the best rta in your opinion. But when it comes down to it money will be an issue lol what would your dream rta be?
Best RTA to me for under 25mm is a toss up with the griffin 25 plus, the Supreme, and boreas. But the Supreme would be my slight edge pick.

If we are talking 30mm or more it's the Aromamizer plus hands down

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For what mod? Some can only handle a 22mm some a 30mm, what is it going on?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best RTA to me for under 25mm is a toss up with the griffin 25 plus, the Supreme, and boreas. But the Supreme would be my slight edge pick.

Im still going to suggest you try that billow v3 plus, my friend..If you like the griffin25 then it should be a consideration for you to give it a shot..maybe you still like the griffin better but its in that same class of RTA and you said yourself you haven't tried one.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Im still going to suggest you try that billow v3 plus, my friend..If you like the griffin25 then it should be a consideration for you to give it a shot..maybe you still like the griffin better but its in that same class of RTA and you said yourself you haven't tried one.
this is very true. If i catch one on a good sale I'll give it a go ;) I just think it will be like the cloudnus for me. I have a similar style deck on an RDA (the wismec inde duo) and I didn't care for it cause the deck takes up too much room where air should be. If it didn't have the middle covered i'd probably grab one sooner instead of waiting for a sale

also just to elaborate the aromamizer supreme LE, the reason for the LE is the postless deck really gives it a flavor boost over the velocity style deck of the others. You would think a deck doesn't make a difference in flavor but it does. same like my modfather. it taste better with the postless deck then it did with the velocity deck

All in all, flavor is about your coil output to air ratio. you want less air with smaller lower watt builds (like a .3-.5 ohm 20-40 watt) a cloudnus would outperform a more airy tank like the griffin 25+ but for bigger builds like the .1-.2 ohm 80-120 watt builds the cloudnus couldn't keep up enough air for me and more airy RTAs like the griffin 25 plus or aromamizer supreme handle them well

this is the build in my aromamizer plus. i vape it at 110 watts (with a 125 watt preheat) on a postless deck
8510yuc.jpg

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smok treebox plus 220watt it's 26mm in width im boycotting the big baby beast because I tf s been nothing but trouble right out of the box
Griffin 25 or 25 plus, Aromamizer supreme & OBS Crius plus are all really solid 25mm tanks. What is your building ability, basic round wire, clapton/fused clapton, aliens?

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
lol doesn't mean the tank is bad at all. it's probably a good tank, I'm just saying if there is a newer improved version of it why not opt for the newer version?

from what i found this is the difference
Compared with Limitless XL, EXO XL enlarges the e-liquid capacity to 5ml, increased the diameter to 26mm. It still remains the XL chip coil system, compatible with the optional XL-1, XL-2, XL-2S decks, which satisfies you different vaping experience. It can prominently work at most 215W. The chassis features a large glass tank assembly with 'XL' bracing integrated within the tank reservoir. Moreover, it comes with top fill system, adjustable airflow control as well as delrin wide bore drip tip. 4 colors available, black, SS, blue and gold. All in all, this EXO XL is an ideal choice for high wattage sub ohm vapers.

So basically uses the same coils/rba deck but larger and holds more juice. might help with thick juices as well cuase i heard people say thick juice got stuck between the X part and glass at times in the limitless XL
OK so I like the EXO XL but where can I get the rba deck I found the tank with the pre-builts for $21 yes it is authentic but I can't find the rebuildable deck any help. Another reason I'm leaning towards this is i think the black one is pretty freaking sexy

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
Griffin 25 or 25 plus, Aromamizer supreme & OBS Crius plus are all really solid 25mm tanks. What is your building ability, basic round wire, clapton/fused clapton, aliens?
My best coil to date was a super sexy dragon skin I have an electrical background and am very mechanicly inclined

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
OK so I like the EXO XL but where can I get the rba deck I found the tank with the pre-builts for $21 yes it is authentic but I can't find the rebuildable deck any help. Another reason I'm leaning towards this is i think the black one is pretty freaking sexy
i ordered the gold. it's still on the way to me. I think i paid about the same 21 or 22 bucks from efun.top
as far as the RBA deck, the only place i found them is on heavengifts.com I ordered my coils and RBA deck from them I got the IJOY XL-2S Dual Coil RTA Deck. it's like 10 bucks. I expect them to be here in the next couple of weeks. I know @paratech got his already IIRC form fastech. guess i ordered from the wrong place lol

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My best coil to date was a super sexy dragon skin
Then id get one of the Griffins, some people say the 25 plus is easier to wick but I dont know, never had a problem with the OG Griffen, the 25, or the 25 plus, all the same shit to me as far as wicking. The Crius plus is basically the same thing as the Griffins but it has a nice top fill that just slides up & the tank itself isnt as heavy duty.

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
i ordered the gold. it's still on the way to me. I think i paid about the same 21 or 22 bucks from efun.top
as far as the RBA deck, the only place i found them is on heavengifts.com I ordered my coils and RBA deck from them I got the IJOY XL-2S Dual Coil RTA Deck. it's like 10 bucks. I expect them to be here in the next couple of weeks. I know @paratech got his already IIRC form fastech. guess i ordered from the wrong place lol
Efun is where I'm going through what's this fastech I think I'll check them out

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Then id get one of the Griffins, some people say the 25 plus is easier to wick but I dont know, never had a problem with the OG Griffen, the 25, or the 25 plus, all the same shit to me as far as wicking. The Crius plus is basically the same thing as the Griffins but it has a nice top fill that just slides up & the tank itself isnt as heavy duty.
I've never had issues with them personally, but i hate (for some reason) the wick hole rings some RTAs have like to tobecco supertank and i believe the crius plus as well and the griffin 25. but not sure on the last 2. it's an unnecessary annoyance

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never had issues with them personally, but i hate (for some reason) the wick hole rings some RTAs have like to tobecco supertank and i believe the crius plus as well and the griffin 25. but not sure on the last 2. it's an unnecessary annoyance
Dont touch it, problem solved, leave it screwed down and its just part of the deck. Only thing I use the rings for is a locator for where my wick needs to stop.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Check out my other thread big baby best p.o.s
I'll check it out. Haven't used the big baby yet. I have one but haven't tried it. I did try the baby beast and tfv8 and both are awesome

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
Maybe u got a defective one? I've never heard of such issues. I'd exchange it under warranty

I'm already getting a refund for it and that's the same respons im getting no one believes me until I show them and then they still can't wrap there mind around it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm already getting a refund for it and that's the same respons im getting no one believes me until I show them and then they still can't wrap there mind around it.
Every device has duds from the factory. This is the 1st I heard on the BBB. You should get a replacement so u can see how good it is

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend the Griffin 25 due to the sick velocity deck (so you have the option to use a huge variety of coils in all different sizes, I would also recommend the limitless rdta too. This is my Griffin 25
bcccd2f6aa75fd68da1494024530a337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burke

Member For 4 Years
I would recommend the Griffin 25 due to the sick velocity deck (so you have the option to use a huge variety of coils in all different sizes, I would also recommend the limitless rdta too. This is my Griffin 25
bcccd2f6aa75fd68da1494024530a337.jpg

How do you go about wicking those vertical coils up? Ive tried that before, and it has always come out with dry hits

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah, well I broke my ankle longboarding so I've found that I have a little bit more time sitting around. You have to make sure that you run a wick behind both coils and under/over the leads. Then I primed the cotton already wicked, and ran two thin wicks around the posts. Below is a photo from the top;
0a40053258299a0f77dd423ec861b727.jpg
f19d57dab6b02928b3558c5cb4ec17be.jpg

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's better? The OBS engine or the crius?

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Griffin 25 Plus is a great Tank for duel coils. Merlin is a good single coil tank if you do not like lots of air flow. Be good for mouth to lung folks. All Day vaping on a Merlin for me gives me a headache because of lack of airflow. (Yes the centre plug is out. LOL) Merlin has never leaked on me. Ammit is a great tank. Tons of airflow and holds huge single coils. Ammit has quickly become my go to tank. A month now on the Ammit and never a leak. CHEERS!

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's better? The OBS engine or the crius?
Dont know, dont have an engine but if I had to guess I would bet 5 people will say the engine is way better and 5 people will say the Crius plus is way better.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dont know, dont have an engine but if I had to guess I would bet 5 people will say the engine is way better and 5 people will say the Crius plus is way better.
I think both are just in the "average" tier of RTAs personally. but since i paid less then 10 bucks total for both They were worth the money for sure

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think both are just in the "average" tier of RTAs personally. but since i paid less then 10 bucks total for both They were worth the money for sure
For the $2.50 I paid for the Crius plus, I like it, I liked it so much I ordered a box of the bitches

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
For the $2.50 I paid for the Crius plus, I like it, I liked it so much I ordered a box of the bitches
same here. i paid 2.50 for that and 18 for the engine i got from selling a supreme for a profit of 20 bucks so technically i spent 50 cents total on the 2 tanks. it was worth it for the money. they are good tanks but nothing to write home about

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for your input on this topic I went with the ijoy exo xl black tank it had good reviews and the dual coil deck I think its just dead sexy and the price was right. I also picked up a petri 22 rta got a Hella deal on a 100% authentic so couldn't pass it up both are on there way my exo just hit new York so should have it here in nh in a couple days. I also ordered a smoant knight v2 for the petri not alot of info on that but needed a pocket pal thank you all again

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thank you all for your input on this topic I went with the ijoy exo xl black tank it had good reviews and the dual coil deck I think its just dead sexy and the price was right. I also picked up a petri 22 rta got a Hella deal on a 100% authentic so couldn't pass it up both are on there way my exo just hit new York so should have it here in nh in a couple days. I also ordered a smoant knight v2 for the petri not alot of info on that but needed a pocket pal thank you all again

good call on the EXO i should have mine soon. I don't think it comes with the RBA deck though. I think you have to but it separate IIRC. the EXO RTA comes with 2 RBA decks but doesn't take premade coils

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
good call on the EXO i should have mine soon. I don't think it comes with the RBA deck though. I think you have to but it separate IIRC. the EXO RTA comes with 2 RBA decks but doesn't take premade coils
That is correct I ordered the tank from efun and the deck + a 3pack of the red light coils just because, before a found out that that coil likes to give burnt hits go figure thats just my luck lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That is correct I ordered the tank from efun and the deck + a 3pack of the red light coils just because, before a found out that that coil likes to give burnt hits go figure thats just my luck lol

Nice! i have an EXO XL on the way a spare RBA deck, the EXO RTA on the way and the Maxo V12 on preorder. I really like ijoy products lately for sure. I'm gonna try and jump on the EXO RTA review pretty quick

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
Any thoughts on the petri or the smoant night v2?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Any thoughts on the petri or the smoant night v2?

petri RTA i never got cause the small 2ml capacity but i know alot of people here love it. Smoant knight i have no clue about either but i love the smoant battlestar.
So personally i couldn't give an opinon on either device. you doing some fastech shopping? 15% off entire site code REDPACKET last for today and tomorrow then goes down to 10% i placed a decent sized order myself there today. lots of good stuff

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
petri RTA i never got cause the small 2ml capacity but i know alot of people here love it. Smoant knight i have no clue about either but i love the smoant battlestar.
So personally i couldn't give an opinon on either device. you doing some fastech shopping? 15% off entire site code REDPACKET last for today and tomorrow then goes down to 10% i placed a decent sized order myself there today. lots of good stuff
What turned me off of the Petri was having to loosen the 510 pin whenever you access the deck.

Zombie13

Member For 4 Years
What turned me off of the Petri was having to loosen the 510 pin whenever you access the deck.
I've watched a bunch of vids on it and it seams that you only need to remove the pin if you want to take the deck off the base. Because they always say that at the beginning of the video but when they put it all back together the deck is on the base and they just screw it in. If im wrong whatever it's still going to look sexy as hell in the smoant night v2 cage, and how often do you actually need to change the coil or wick once every week or 2

VU Sponsors