Become a Patron!

Need Feedback - Broadside - Ruby 2-25 or Roundhouse 2-25

LA-Vapite

Member For 4 Years
So - I started dripping again.
Got a Kennedy 25 clone on FT and really love it.
My older mods were all clones - that are pretty weak

Thought it was time for an authentic mech and decided these mods are right up my alley
Personally I like stainless. so that limits me to the Ruby2 or Roundhouse
I live about 30 miles away from The Kennedy shop (Near Disneyland) so I can save on shipping and Tax by driving there. They agreed.

Ruby2 seems to hit super hard based on the vids, but I really don't like the limitation of a 1 piece
So its probably between the Roundhouse and Broadside - which with out an atty are just about the same price

i know I don't post hear to often, but hopefully I'll get a nudge in the right direction

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the Roundhouse and Broadside, personally I prefer my Subzero Shorty. They copied the internals from the Subzero, added an internal Delrin sleeve with the Broadside.

I really love my Roundhouse also, prefer that over the Broadside also.

Don't get me wrong the Broadside is a good tube, just prefer the Roundhouse over it and the original tube of the Subzero from which they copied the design from.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also the Subzero has an extension tube, very interesting design and I might pick up one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LA-Vapite

Member For 4 Years
Whats the difference between the legendary and the standard comp
They have some nice blemished at a good price

upload_2017-3-16_17-52-56.png

LA-Vapite

Member For 4 Years
Just watched a few Vids
Any comparison between Kennedy and their RTA
For me the Kennedy 25 handles some nice 3.5 coils , and with a Scottish Roll - can take some juice.
I really like the airflow, just open enough with a tad of restriction

I think its time to see if my Pegasus can be revitalized, as that was a hard hitting Mod

I have two Ruby's. V1 and V2. They are my main squeeze's. I use my TVL colt 45 in the evening, but all day i run a ruby. I havent even touched my Rogue since i got the Ruby's. They are super easy to clean and maintain which is a major plus. Solid, thick, durable, well-machined tubes. Not to mention, Kennedy has THE best customer service I have ever experienced in the Vaping Industry. Plus, you get a life-time warranty with them. Kind of hard to beat!

LA-Vapite

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Caleb - you didn't mention if you use 24's or 25's
Getting close to driving over to their shop and spending some money

I'm a simple dude. 22g Stainless 5 wraps 3mm. Its right around .1 with Sony VTC5a. I had a set of fused claptons in them before, I forget the specs, probably 26/36 or 28/36...4 or 5 wraps and it was hitting right too.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Imo broadside took subzero's clutch switch design and made it better. It's not exactly the same. I own both and while soi is killer the broadside is better imo. I own a few mods that are 400+ dollar tubes and the broadside kills all of them, for 130 bucks that's saying a lot. I'd say subzero is 2nd and third is probably rogue (imo).
Broadside's 3 clutch design removes the need for a spring and is beefier than the 5 clutch subzero clutch. Also all the broadside contacts are coated with silver.

Edit: should also mention all my tubes including the subzero are copper (a couple anodized aluminum but I don't use those) except for the broadside which is brass and it still outperforms them all.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

GratefulAlvin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a limited edition subzero knurled shorty, let me tell you that mod is amazing, beautifully machined and designed that contact plate is sweet. Hits like a tank too with the silver plated contacts. The price point wasn't that bad either considering it came with the rda for 200$ and they give plenty of extras, replacement silver plated contacts and more orings than you'll know what to do with. My favorite tube mech and believe me I have and still own plenty of mechs. Picture was before cleaning believe me after this mod glows.FB_IMG_1490188889549.jpg FB_IMG_1490188889549.jpg

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd just wait for the subzero x at this point.. it's insulated like the broadside and has changeable sleeve option like the ables/limitless. Also all contacts will be silver plated copper. Should be the end all of the mech world if it goes how it should.

So - I started dripping again.
Got a Kennedy 25 clone on FT and really love it.
My older mods were all clones - that are pretty weak

Thought it was time for an authentic mech and decided these mods are right up my alley
Personally I like stainless. so that limits me to the Ruby2 or Roundhouse
I live about 30 miles away from The Kennedy shop (Near Disneyland) so I can save on shipping and Tax by driving there. They agreed.

Ruby2 seems to hit super hard based on the vids, but I really don't like the limitation of a 1 piece
So its probably between the Roundhouse and Broadside - which with out an atty are just about the same price

i know I don't post hear to often, but hopefully I'll get a nudge in the right direction
Yea man deff go with the broadside you will love it. I have the round house and the broadside and the broadside does not leave my side

GratefulAlvin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd just wait for the subzero x at this point.. it's insulated like the broadside and has changeable sleeve option like the ables/limitless. Also all contacts will be silver plated copper. Should be the end all of the mech world if it goes how it should.

Yeah that subzerox looks sweet, but my vape budget doesnt look so sweet ah well all in good time.

VU Sponsors