Become a Patron!

Need Help Building

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
So I got some spools of wire in of a few different types. The spools are each 10 ft of pre made coil wire. I have fused clapton, juggernaut, flat clapton and catapillar. (The brand is geek vape). Now I spent hours trying all the coil types and am having no success. Either I am getting readings of like .09 or I will get a reading where I want at about .15 -.2 ohms . I tried many different wraps and diameters for all the coil types and have not been successful with any. Even when the coil is reading right, it wont heat up properly. This is the same with all the coils. Ill get the flat clapton to about .17 with 6 wraps and 3.5 diameter, but it wont heat up right.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
How are you firing the coils (mech or regulated)? and are you dry burning them and getting all of the hotspots out.

You are heating a lot more coil mass with these coils so they are going to require more power to heat and do what you need. We need to know what mod and what batteries as all of this plays into your experience.

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
Im using a single 20700 mech squonk. Ya I dry burn and get the hot spots out. Battery rated at 3.7v and 40 amps ijoy 20700. Mooch says it is more like 30 amp battery. Ive run dual coil builds in it before no problem. Maybe I just need to use thinnger wire? The fused clapton wire is two 24g wrapped in 32g kanthal a1. This is the wire giving me alot of trouble.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a big mass if its using 32g as a wrap wire, you might be better off using those on a regulated device that can provide the power you'll need. Either that or you could look for wires that use higher gauges for the cores and the wrap wire. Also if its not feasible to buy any more wire you could try using 1 less wrap than you're used to so the ohms drop and the relative wattage reaching the coil is greater. Might help with ramp up time but would sacrifice surface area to do so.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
That's a big mass if its using 32g as a wrap wire, you might be better off using those on a regulated device that can provide the power you'll need. Either that or you could look for wires that use higher gauges for the cores and the wrap wire. Also if its not feasible to buy any more wire you could try using 1 less wrap than you're used to so the ohms drop and the relative wattage reaching the coil is greater. Might help with ramp up time but would sacrifice surface area to do so.

Ya this is exactly what I figured. I think I am going to just get more wire. I wanted an excuse to get some SS wire anyways lol. I strictly vape mech squonks. So this wire prolly wont be used lol

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try and trade it out to someone for some wire you want. At least it won't be a waste then. Good luck on your journey, hope you find yourself a satisfying vape :) any questions or anything you want to know drop me a message, will help any way I can

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Battery rated at 3.7v and 40 amps ijoy 20700. Mooch says it is more like 30 amp battery
Be careful with that - Ijoy actually has two different versions of that battery that look exactly the same. The one Mooch says rates at 30 amps is the 5 leg version. The 4 leg version is basically the same thing (as far as specs are concerned) as a Samsung 25R 18650 battery.

VU Sponsors