Become a Patron!

Need help calculating 100mg nicotine into mix

HeavyHook

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, guys and gals, I'm new to vaping. I have been buying my juices online. I've tried a couple dozen flavors and found about to only one I really like is the menthol flavor. The cost of buying ejuice online is killing my bank account. So I decided to order some supplies from Nicotine River and mix my own. I've been looking at several of the juice calculators but seem like the answers I get are indicating was too much nicotine for the mix I want.

I have ordered 60ml (pg) of nicotine @ a 100ml contraction. To keep things simple I am trying to calculate for a 100ml mix. I'm wanting to have 80% PG / 20% VG with 12ml nicotine juice product. I have been using some of the ejuice calculators online but keep getting different answers from them. I'm thinking it should be these amounts,12 ml nicotine / 68ml VG / 20ml PG for a 100ml product. Am I on the right track??

I also ordered besides the menthol flavoring some peppermint and spearmint to experiment with. After getting my base Nic/VG/PG base mixed I thinking of taking a 10ml sample to use to find out how much flavoring to add. Should I start with 4-5 drops of flavoring in the 10ml to start with or is there some other amount that would be more appropriate? Thanks in advance for any help you'll can give me!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You want 20/80 pg/vg at 12mg nic?

If you are doing 100ml of liquid you are better off just making the liquid without nic first.

So mix your flavor in and count it as pg since flavoring is usually pg based.

Add vg to make the 20/80 mix.

Make 100ml.

Then just add 12ml of 100mg/ml nic base into the final product.

It will be damn close to 12mg nic but will be a very very little bit off because when you are done you will have 112mls of eliquid

Close enough though.

***Edit: Edited to fix previous fuck up***

Last edited:

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really do need to learn and trust a good calculator. E Juice Me Up is decent and not difficult to understand.

Too make 100 ml. of flavorless at 12 mg/ml nic concentration at 20% PG, 80% VG

12 ml of 100 mg/ml nicotine base (PG based nic used here)
8 ml of PG (since nic is PG based, 8 ml is 8% more, final total PG is 20%)
80 ml of VG

To make the same flavorless in 80% PG, 20% VG

12 ml of 100 mg nic base
68 ml of PG (now there is 80% PG)
20 ml of VG

Both recipes make 100 ml of 12 mg/ml flavorless base. Then just add your flavorings. Flavor addition will reduce the nic concentration a small amount.

HeavyHook

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your input guys, I'm still a little confused on the amount of the 100gm/ml nicotine to use in a 100ml batch of juice. 5050sick posted to use 1.2ml nicotine and Scalewize posted to use 12ml of nicotine in my batch. That's the issue I was having trying to figuring this out. When I posted I was going to make 68vg/20pg mix was a typo on my part. I intended to put 78vg/20pg down I was thinking to allow 2% of the total volume and whatever the amount of the nicotine would be is close enough to end up with a 100ml volume in the end. I'm not sure I can measure out the VG to be close enough to get 78.8% if the nicotine amount is supposed to be 1.2ml. I do have some insulin syringes that have 1/10th ml markings I can use to measure the nicotine? I'm really concerned I get the nicotine amount right so I don't end up in the ER! Would I be better off using drops to measure the amount of nicotine whichever one it turns out to be?
Thanks for your help!

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just use the calculator posted in the post above yours, tells you exactly how much to put in.

Edit: Seems you found it;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
if the nicotine amount is supposed to be 1.2ml. I do have some insulin syringes that have 1/10th ml markings I can use to measure the nicotine?

Draw up 6/10th of a ml and put it in and then repeat this one more time.

6/10 + 6/10 = 12/10 (1.2ml)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i don't trust my own math, i use a calculator app from planet of the vapes and just plug in what i want to do and let the app do the math

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I fucked up anyway because I was thinking about 10ml's of eliquid.
That insulin syringe is going to be too small.
Especially if it has the needle still on it.
PG may be too thick to draw up unless the metal needle part can be removed.

You need 12ml's of 100mg/ml nic base anyway to make 100ml of eliquid

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really concerned I get the nicotine amount right so I don't end up in the ER!

Making sure you shake your room temperate nicotine bottle Really Well before using it can help in keeping you safe.

Ron
---
"Supernatural perhaps...baloney, perhaps not!"- Bela Lugosi

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Making sure you shake your room temperate nicotine bottle Really Well before using it can help in keeping you safe.

Ron
---
"Supernatural perhaps...baloney, perhaps not!"- Bela Lugosi

Yes, This is very important because there is 10% pure nicotine in 90% PG base so if you don't shake well you may end up with more PG or nicotine then you expected.

VU Sponsors