NEED HELP DESPERATELY

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes folks it's me again , i know your disappointed but try not to lash at with hostility (even though it's warranted) as it's the Holiday season .

I asked this question in another thread but it got lost so i need to ask again , i'm at the end of my rope and don't know if i could take it much longer , OK here it goes:

I just got in Tuscan Reserve , Virginia , Desert Ship and Vape Wizard , it's the biggest order i have ever received at one time and i'm extremely overwhelmed (actually sweating a little).

I had one response to my first post and he asked me what i'm looking for , problem is i don't know , i would like something thats vapable and has a tendency to taste good.

My collection now includes all of the below

Cam T
Cuban Supreme
Tuscan Reserve ( Which of these work well together (one that mixes good with another preferred)
7 Leaves
Virginia
Desert Ship
Maxx Blend

The below are some things that also might go well but not sure.

Black Fire
Vape Wizard
Sweet Woodruff

Thanks folks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Don't shoot me, VH. My best advice with that first group - truly - is to mix one flavor per (smallest possible) bottle. You'll find what you like fastest that way. You can combine those bottles as you see fit, once you've "gotten to know" them.

Any one of those can be good standalone, depending on personal preference. My personal preference is to add about .5-1% Black Fire to any of those. Well, except CamT, which to me is sandlewood candles.

ps - I don't use vape wiz or woodruff...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't shoot me, VH. My best advice with that first group - truly - is to mix one flavor per (smallest possible) bottle. You'll find what you like fastest that way. You can combine those bottles as you see fit, once you've "gotten to know" them.

Any one of those can be good standalone, depending on personal preference. My personal preference is to add about .5-1% Black Fire to any of those. Well, except CamT, which to me is sandlewood candles.

ps - I don't use vape wiz or woodruff...

Shoot you , absolutely not , i'm very close to blowing my own head off though , prefer a quick death , 10 gauge should do it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
... make a little bottle of Cuban 2-3%. Vape that to stay calm while considering other possibilities.

Ha ha , thats what i have been vaping on for days , would of threw myself in front of a bus already if it wasn't for Cuban.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ha ha , thats what i have been vaping on for days , would of threw myself in front of a bus already if it wasn't for Cuban.

ahhhh, okay. If you're liking it, try adding .5-1% Black Fire to get a feel for that one.

Now try 7 Leaves the same way you tried Cuban (with/withou Black Fire, as you prefer). Then Maxx Blend. Then Tuscan. I'd do those in that order.

Will that keep you out of the way of that bus for one night? I'd approach Virginia, Desert Ship, and CamT with more caution. Let's get you set with something besides plain Cuban first.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
being a new DIYer myself, I have been told and now do it like this. try each flavor as HIC said, learn the flavors and then you can figure or think, what may go good with together. I am still testing all my flavors but already have some ideas. They will have to wait til I finish, but something to remember is take notes. everyone says take notes and after 4 flavors I knew what they meant. it's hard to remember each flavor and what it taste like to you after so many.

best piece of advice I have gotten, Take notes and get to know your single flavors ....

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am finding the 7 leaves and Maxx Blend to be very weak , even the cuban i have to use at least 10 drops in a 10 ml size mix . Maybe my taste buds are just shot but i don't taste much at all unless i use a pretty hefty amount.

I have no idea how people can use 3- 5% , i barely taste anything.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess it depends on how long you smoked. me, 50 years have all but wreaked my taste buds, so I have to have really strong flavors. Still can't taste most fruits in a juice.... Why testing flavors takes more than one drop to taste.
Someone suggested, one drop and I should be able to taste it, well on some yes, but on most it's drop, try, another drop, try, another drop and try and hope..... after so many drops, I put it away and hope in a couple of weeks I will be able to taste it.... I do have to say, it's almost a year now and i have gotten alot more of my taste buds back than when I started vaping.... So they are slowly coming back. My food taste is coming back faster thankfully...
smiles What I thought was good before has become great!!!!!!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH - do you have any sidekicks? Creams, sweets, nuts, fruits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VH, what kind of tobacco did you used to smoke? That will give us some ideas on flavor profiles you might find appealing.

And for my personal tastes, I would start with the Maxx Blend. I mix at 3% (and that's strong). You also need to recognize if you go significantly higher on percentages there's a good chance you will numb your taste buds. It's strange but when you do this you'll likely taste absolutely nothing from the flavor for several weeks (until your taste buds recover).

My advice? Mix at 2-3% and vape away knowing that you will taste these flavors as your taste buds recover from years of assault by smoking. People report this can range from 2 weeks to 2 months.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess it depends on how long you smoked. me, 50 years have all but wreaked my taste buds, so I have to have really strong flavors. Still can't taste most fruits in a juice.... Why testing flavors takes more than one drop to taste.
Someone suggested, one drop and I should be able to taste it, well on some yes, but on most it's drop, try, another drop, try, another drop and try and hope..... after so many drops, I put it away and hope in a couple of weeks I will be able to taste it..
.. I do have to say, it's almost a year now and i have gotten alot more of my taste buds back than when I started vaping.... So they are slowly coming back. My food taste is coming back faster thankfully...
smiles What I thought was good before has become great!!!!!!

I rarely test drop to drop , would think it's way too strong that way , i usually just smell and guess .

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
VH, what kind of tobacco did you used to smoke? That will give us some ideas on flavor profiles you might find appealing.

And for my personal tastes, I would start with the Maxx Blend. I mix at 3% (and that's strong). You also need to recognize if you go significantly higher on percentages there's a good chance you will numb your taste buds. It's strange but when you do this you'll likely taste absolutely nothing from the flavor for several weeks (until your taste buds recover).

My advice? Mix at 2-3% and vape away knowing that you will taste these flavors as your taste buds recover from years of assault by smoking. People report this can range from 2 weeks to 2 months.
I haven't had a cigarette since July of 2013 and I'm still tasting things in a vape that I couldn't just months ago.

Good for you for posting @VH fan. Looks to me like you got some great suggestions. I refuse to believe you're not going to be a great mixer and really enjoy what you make, regardless of what you say :) You keep posting your thoughts and questions like this, you're gonna have zero problems.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I rarely test drop to drop , would think it's way too strong that way , i usually just smell and guess . VH fan, 10 minutes ago

you got to have a nose that works well for that, laughs.
I find the smell is a little different than the taste to me.
I use a little VG and then a drop, drip it and go from there. on some esp tobacco that works great, I taste tobacco pretty good. I wonder why, laughs...

I did try the finger to the tongue bit, yuck. some burn, some bitter and nope, taste buds are revolting...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH - do you have any sidekicks? Creams, sweets, nuts, fruits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have A. Pyrazine , Anise, Oriental 4 , Blueberry , Watermelon, Caramel , Fresh Cream, Red type flavor, Kona Coffee flavor, M type premium blend , Tobacco flavor , USA mix, Red USA mix , RY4 double, Double Blueberry, Vanilla Classic , Sweetener and Coffee Espresso .

Some are FA and some are TFA , two might be Dekang .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I like Marlboro mediums and Parliament , believe it or not i am also fond of the V2 Red flavor , i guess it's the sweetness..

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had a cigarette since July of 2013 and I'm still tasting things in a vape that I couldn't just months ago.

Good for you for posting @VH fan. Looks to me like you got some great suggestions. I refuse to believe you're not going to be a great mixer and really enjoy what you make, regardless of what you say :) You keep posting your thoughts and questions like this, you're gonna have zero problems.

It would be a lot easier if my inbox wasn't flooded with so much hate mail , the good news is i have only received two death threats so far which is really good , i usually get a lot more. I'm convinced one is from Smokey but she won't admit it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like Marlboro mediums and Parliament , believe it or not i am also fond of the V2 Red flavor , i guess it's the sweetness..
I make Virginia @2% for my boyfriend. To me, its REALLY sweet. He likes it, no other flavors.

You should add 0.5% Anise to one and see what you think. I really like that flavor. Does that sound weird for a tobacco to anyone?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It would be a lot easier if my inbox wasn't flooded with so much hate mail , the good news is i have only received two death threats so far which is really good , i usually get a lot more. I'm convinced one is from Smokey but she won't admit it.

nopes.. i don't threaten often.. but when i do, i carry it out ;) lol..

the best thing i can tell you is to pick a tobby, heck pick 2! that you like.. and stagger the amounts..

ie 2% to 1%

since i dont know what you like.. you get to smell them all :)

some here don't use additives, and well, you have asked me on that on prior things, so look thru what you have and just go for it..
if you need more help or looking for a recipe.. you can inbox me, vh.. you have known this..
i took my tobbys down.. so yeps, ask ;)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I make Virginia @2% for my boyfriend. To me, its REALLY sweet. He likes it, no other flavors.

You should add 0.5% Anise to one and see what you think. I really like that flavor. Does that sound weird for a tobacco to anyone?

I can't answer that question about something being weird because (in case anybody hasn't noticed by now ) i tend to be a bit on the weird side myself , or at least a little odd , definitely not normal but i don't think i'm a full blown nut job either , need more time to think about this one.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nopes.. i don't threaten often.. but when i do, i carry it out ;) lol..

the best thing i can tell you is to pick a tobby, heck pick 2! that you like.. and stagger the amounts..

ie 2% to 1%

since i dont know what you like.. you get to smell them all :)

some here don't use additives, and well, you have asked me on that on prior things, so look thru what you have and just go for it..
if you need more help or looking for a recipe.. you can inbox me, vh.. you have known this..
i took my tobbys down.. so yeps, ask ;)

You always throw me for a loop with the highly advanced terminology , don't really want a tobby , more interested in tobacco lol.

Here is what i found for tobby :

Urban Dictionary: Toby

A Toby is someone lovable, caring and stylish

Wasn't really looking for somebody who's lovable ,caring and stylish but i suppose i can be talked into it if you feel it will help.

I thought i already defined what i was looking for but i'll explain it again if you would like .

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
YAY!! vh, you surprise me by your fast learning.. You are such a genius :p

keep up that good work lol..
but i am fresh out of all that.. i just sent everything i had into a few boxes today.. o_O

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YAY!! vh, you surprise me by your fast learning.. You are such a genius :p

keep up that good work lol..
but i am fresh out of all that.. i just sent everything i had into a few boxes today.. o_O

Pretty sure your confusing me with someone else , i am the slowest learner on the planet . Keep up the great work ? What great work , my work is sub par at best and thats only after immense improvement on my part , but i'll keep it up because you told me to and i always listen to you Smokey .

I can't even imagine how God awful i would be without your continued assistance , don't mis read this , i'm still an atrocious DIY er but i was even worse than i am now long ago.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
lol you arent talking bout me, i think you have me mixed up with someone else.. ;)

how's your sniff test going? found anything that can make you happy yet? ya know.. a tobby :p

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Okay, we've got to keep you off the stinkies while figuring out DIY and waiting for your taste buds to return. Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to BuyHangsen.com and order the following
a. Canadian (like a strong Marlboro flavor)
b. Congress (that's Parliament)
c. USA Mix (Marlboro)
2. Mix each of the above at 7-8%

BuyHangsen is closing down (sadly) so these are excellent prices -- $2.70 for 10ml. So the above will cost you ~$10. If you want to treat yourself, also order:

d. Arabic
e. Churchill
f. Highway, Tab, or Number 5
g. Indian
h. Gold and Silver
i. Desert Ship

You'll find each Hangsen flavor to be very complete (though you might add some AP). Hangsen uses molecular distillation, etc. of real tobaccos rather than flavor creations -- so little resemblance to TFA, FA, and others. Trust me on this -- you can thank me later.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have A. Pyrazine , Anise, Oriental 4 , Blueberry , Watermelon, Caramel , Fresh Cream, Red type flavor, Kona Coffee flavor, M type premium blend , Tobacco flavor , USA mix, Red USA mix , RY4 double, Double Blueberry, Vanilla Classic , Sweetener and Coffee Espresso .

Some are FA and some are TFA , two might be Dekang .
Is Fresh Cream FA? Are Vanilla Classic and Caramel FA or TFA? I ask so I can give you the correct percentages.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol you arent talking bout me, i think you have me mixed up with someone else.. ;)

how's your sniff test going? found anything that can make you happy yet? ya know.. a tobby :p

I have abandoned the sniff test , i am now trying Tick22 's method , a drop or two directly to the tongue . All of them are strong as hell , sometimes face moves involuntarily because of the strength but i will stay with it till i find another.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, we've got to keep you off the stinkies while figuring out DIY and waiting for your taste buds to return. Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to BuyHangsen.com and order the following
a. Canadian (like a strong Marlboro flavor)
b. Congress (that's Parliament)
c. USA Mix (Marlboro)
2. Mix each of the above at 7-8%

BuyHangsen is closing down (sadly) so these are excellent prices -- $2.70 for 10ml. So the above will cost you ~$10. If you want to treat yourself, also order:

d. Arabic
e. Churchill
f. Highway, Tab, or Number 5
g. Indian
h. Gold and Silver
i. Desert Ship

You'll find each Hangsen flavor to be very complete (though you might add some AP). Hangsen uses molecular distillation, etc. of real tobaccos rather than flavor creations -- so little resemblance to TFA, FA, and others. Trust me on this -- you can thank me later.

I have been off the stinkies for close to a year , no issues there . I like your suggestions but if Hangston is not going to be around anymore i would prefer not to get addicted to their flavors .

Similar to eating one potato chip and then finding out potato chips are an extinct species ..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have abandoned the sniff test , i am now trying Tick22 's method , a drop or two directly to the tongue . All of them are strong as hell , sometimes face moves involuntarily because of the strength but i will stay with it till i find another.

*chokes on coffee :p

oh gee.. :rolleyes:

will be playing around tonight with some new tobacco flavors.. so looking forward to it!! :D
i have a box full and miss playing with them.. i have 2 recipes that i need to find..
not actual written ones.. juice.. and i am bound and determined to figure out what they are..
shouldn't be too hard.. as i do have a large collection of them. it will just take time to say yes it is this one :p

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been off the stinkies for close to a year , no issues there . I like your suggestions but if Hangston is not going to be around anymore i would prefer not to get addicted to their flavors .

Similar to eating one potato chip and then finding out potato chips are an extinct species ..

No, Hangsen is not going anywhere -- they're the world largest ejuice manufacturer. Rather BuyHangsen.com is shutting down. Other US suppliers including RTSVape, Bull City, EcigExpress, and many others. The majority of my flavors (~250) are Flavor Art with selected TFA -- with Hangsen tobaccos (~50). If you want to first try some premix, check out Caterpillar Vape.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, Hangsen is not going anywhere -- they're the world largest ejuice manufacturer. Rather BuyHangsen.com is shutting down. Other US suppliers including RTSVape, Bull City, EcigExpress, and many others. The majority of my flavors (~250) are Flavor Art with selected TFA -- with Hangsen tobaccos (~50). If you want to first try some premix, check out Caterpillar Vape.

Oh OK , i misunderstood . I will order what you have listed . Thanks

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For a a vanilla-y/caramel-y tobacco. These are pretty high percentages for me, so you should get a good flavor.

4% Double RY4
.75% Maxx Blend
.75% Fresh Cream
.5% Caramel
.5% Vanilla Classic
.2% AP

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For a a vanilla-y/caramel-y tobacco. These are pretty high percentages for me, so you should get a good flavor.

4% Double RY4
.75% Maxx Blend
.75% Fresh Cream
.5% Caramel
.5% Vanilla Classic
.2% AP

Thank you so much RP , that is very helpful , it's the first recipe i can actual make since i have all the flavors lol.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much RP , that is very helpful , it's the first recipe i can actual make since i have all the flavors lol.
I tried to come up with one with your flavors. I can't guarantee anything since I haven't made that exact mix, but I'm made similar ones. Now that I'm looking at it, you may want to drop the maxx to .5% and go up if necessary.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A very easy one: 8-12% Double RY4 with a drop or two of AP per 10 mls.
Many compare this to Tribeca, but I've always felt it was still missing a few key ingredients.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A very easy one: 8-12% Double RY4 with a drop or two of AP per 10 mls.
Many compare this to Tribeca, but I've always felt it was still missing a few key ingredients.

This is the recipe I make for friends - those who like Tribeca love it and (to them) it tastes the same. I use 10% RY4D and 1% AP!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh gosh. It's not my recipe. I should have said that from the beginning. I pretty much think it's the Holy Grail of DIY.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cuban is so neutral it will pretty much work with anything, use it a lot. I mixed this one up a month or so ago, I like it, call it cuban ship -
Cuban Supreme 2.0%
Desert Ship 1.5%
Almond 1%
Banana 0.5%

It's a nice medium brown and super smooth. Desert Ship takes about three weeks to steep so don't be too quick to judge when using it.

FA tobaccos are fun to play around with, some are really good stand alone, some I prefer to blend. Like HIC said, take some time to get to know them. Find what you like and have fun with it.

VU Sponsors