Become a Patron!

Need help for intense flavour

Hi,
I have made transition from MTL device(Vaporesso Aurora) to DL device (Ijoy RDTA MINI 100 W),
used prebuild clapton coils(came in the box) and cotton baccon(Wick)
Juice - Fruits based
strength - 70 vg 30 pg.

Problem:
If I use it as a RDA, the flavour is really good and intense
when I fill the juice in tank and have a vape, the flavour is not similar , what i get is diluted flavour .

What I did:
Cotton thickness is good enough which offers slight resistance while moving between the coil,
fluffed up cotton at the bottom and cut the cotton to the right size so that it barely touches the bottom of the tank , I have also made small air hole in the wick which leads to juice well(To avoid air lock) .

how long does it take eliquid to wick. Is my juice strength culprit for slow wicking?
what i am doing wrong

Thanks for reading

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi,
I have made transition from MTL device(Vaporesso Aurora) to DL device (Ijoy RDTA MINI 100 W),
used prebuild clapton coils(came in the box) and cotton baccon(Wick)
Juice - Fruits based
strength - 70 vg 30 pg.

Problem:
If I use it as a RDA, the flavour is really good and intense
when I fill the juice in tank and have a vape, the flavour is not similar , what i get is diluted flavour .

What I did:
Cotton thickness is good enough which offers slight resistance while moving between the coil,
fluffed up cotton at the bottom and cut the cotton to the right size so that it barely touches the bottom of the tank , I have also made small air hole in the wick which leads to juice well(To avoid air lock) .

how long does it take eliquid to wick. Is my juice strength culprit for slow wicking?
what i am doing wrong

Thanks for reading

Are you helping it wick by tilting it when vaping to move juice to the wick ends?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if you mean you leave the cotton go all the way down into the glass section ... that is probably your issue

I know it may make no sense but you only want the wick to just barley go into the tank section

Yes the wick length on the ijoy rdtas can effect your flavor

if you mean you leave the cotton go all the way down into the glass section ... that is probably your issue

I know it may make no sense but you only want the wick to just barley go into the tank section

Yes the wick length on the ijoy rdtas can effect your flavor

Hi , tried with shorter wicks, but I got same results
Flavor seems to be mutted < even after I give enough time to wick between vapes>
Can anyone help. all i can taste is slight sweetness<no flavor>.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah well if you want a more intense flavor get rid of the cotton and vape on ss mesh.

VU Sponsors