Become a Patron!

Need help for Xmas DIY list!!

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi guys.... I'm fairly new to vaping but have never gone down the Ejuice DIY road yet I just orderd some RDA/RBT's... But I need help finding a good juice starter kit..My wife knows nothing about vaping but her and my kid want to get me a DIY starter kit...I have been looking around and some place's seem a bit high for what they are offering...I don't care if the PG come from here and the VG comes from there or a matter of fact the 24mg of Nic from anywhere :)...I'm trying to compose a list of everything I need and just give to the wife...I am starting from scratch so this list has to be complete...I have been looking at few flavor places like Lorann...BTW... I'm really a desert head :)...We are on a budget like most people now days plus Xmas for us now is all about the kid...But they are so happy that I'm at 90 days stink stick free they want to help me anyway they can for me to carry on vaping... So any help from you guys would be much appreciated

TIA

Ash

Last edited:

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd also recommend the starter kits from NudeNicotine. Their nicotine quality blows heartland and osdiys out of the water.

Average - $30.00
Basic - $50.00
Advanced - $100.00

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just started DIY.
I bought my PG and VG from Dudadiesel.com. Paid just under 40 bucks(with shipping) for a gallon of VG and a liter of PG.

I bought my nic (100 ml) and flavors from vaporshots.
Bought my bottles from amazon. (glass)

I don't know what your budget is, but I probably have spent a little over a hundred on juice stuff at this point.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
my vg i got from that dudadiesel mutes my flavors..
i wont be picking up more from them.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Understood @Smoky Blue . I just was pointing out as a new DIYer where I got what and how much I spent. I may have the same experience, or I may not.

I looked at kits too. However, for what you get, for what they want, I went this route. Buying PG and VG in small quantities under a liter, it gets silly expensive. Besides, I am committed to DIY juicing. For what I have spent to get started, its about the same as I spend in the local shop for a months worth of juice, but what I will have will last me for many months or even a year.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Understood @Smoky Blue . I just was pointing out as a new DIYer where I got what and how much I spent. I may have the same experience, or I may not.

some what true.. but if you did have the same experience, i wouldnt recommend dudadiesel ;)

I looked at kits too. However, for what you get, for what they want, I went this route. Buying PG and VG in small quantities under a liter, it gets silly expensive. Besides, I am committed to DIY juicing. For what I have spent to get started, its about the same as I spend in the local shop for a months worth of juice, but what I will have will last me for many months or even a year.

the one thing I will never recommend either, is kits..

you do not have the flexibility with a kit, as picking out what you like (how many flavors) nor the amount of liquid..
it's cheaper to buy everything in pieces, as if you are committed, you will still have to do this as well, all the time.
if you only want to tinker, then sure, a kit is a good deal.

just wait for a year, after 2 years i think i have around 5k invested, not including time :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Smoky Blue If I have 5K invested in 5 years in juice and supplies, I better be investing as a business! No way would I go that far with doing juice, unless I am selling it. While I own a business, I don't think I want to delve into a juice business, until or unless the FDA leaves the juice industry alone. No desire really at this point, to do anything but enjoy vaping.

But some enjoy vaping in different ways. Not knocking it.

DIY in making juice is certain to grow, much like everything else in the vape world. I would be nice to see a GO TO supplier arise, and be THE place to buy all flavoring offered, different nics, different PG's/VG's, etc all in ONE place with awesome prices. Give people choices, at the best prices to be found.
It would be a big investment though, to offer such variety and at low prices. They would need to become the Amazon or EBay of the vape world. That's no small task.

So for now, we must buy here and there. Research, sample, and go through the headaches. What's nice about this place, is we can learn from other's experiences and mistakes.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got started with small bottles from ecigexpress.com. They carry various flavoring brands, offer weekly discount codes and ship fast. For larger quantity, amazon sells essential depot vg and pg. I don't have prime, but if you order $35, you get free shipping.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got started with small bottles from ecigexpress.com. They carry various flavoring brands, offer weekly discount codes and ship fast. For larger quantity, amazon sells essential depot vg and pg. I don't have prime, but if you order $35, you get free shipping.

I started with Wizard Labs since TFA flavoring seemed to be so popular at the time, and they sold nicotine and PG/VG. Now I order from various different places, but it takes time to know what you like. Did you see Rocket Puppy's thread on what to get to start?
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-begin-diy-simple-guide-with-links.2303/

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks everyone I am checking out all links and info posted...I just realized I posted this in the wrong Forum
facepalm1.gif
...If a Mod wants to move this to the DIY juice forum...Please do

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DIY in making juice is certain to grow, much like everything else in the vape world. I would be nice to see a GO TO supplier arise, and be THE place to buy all flavoring offered, different nics, different PG's/VG's, etc all in ONE place with awesome prices. Give people choices, at the best prices to be found.
It would be a big investment though, to offer such variety and at low prices. They would need to become the Amazon or EBay of the vape world. That's no small task.

So for now, we must buy here and there. Research, sample, and go through the headaches. What's nice about this place, is we can learn from other's experiences and mistakes.

After spending countless hours researching and chatting online to make my initial DIY purchases, I know how you feel, freemind. But what you are describing sounds suspiciously like the Walmart-ization of the vaping industry.

One of the things that has drawn me to all this (besides being a nicotine junky) is the amazing and diverse community of every-day people which has sprung up around vaping generally. Vaping is really having... a "moment"--or, at risk at sounding seriously goofy, a "movement", even--with a lot of cultural momentum and potential to create a powerful political/economic voice. Even as someone new to vaping (less than a year), I can see how special it is. And I suppose it can't last in its current form...the only constant is change, so they say.

But I am not too anxious for the day when I am calling up to inquire about my nic order and get put on hold with a robot phone system. Despite all the time and energy involved, I get something out of looking at and evaluating different vendors, talking with owners and juicemakers, many of whom are running their businesses not only to make a living, but because they are passionate about what they're doing from one angle or another. I feel like I'm always learning something and I like the human-ness of it all.

Btw, love your avatar :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of small(ish) companies... shout out to Essential Depot who didn't blink about replacing my entire order of two gallons of VG/PG after it arrived with one of the bottles leaking. I can't vouch for the quality at ED, coz I haven't used it yet, but they definitely know how to respond to a shipping disaster!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of small(ish) companies... shout out to Essential Depot who didn't blink about replacing my entire order of two gallons of VG/PG after it arrived with one of the bottles leaking. I can't vouch for the quality at ED, coz I haven't used it yet, but they definitely know how to respond to a shipping disaster!

They did the same thing for me! My PG leaked everywhere, I sent them pics and they just sent out another one. I've been using it for almost a year now, and it's been fine!

VU Sponsors