Become a Patron!

NEED HELP FUSED CLAPTONS!

Barbo70

Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone! So my buddy gave me an absolute ton of 22g kanthal wire and I was wondering what the best wire would be to use as an outer wire in a fused clapton situation. I've scoured the forums and haven't been able to find a clear enough answer to allow me to buy some wire. Please someone help me! Looking for a fast ramp up time if that helps!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
22 is going to be very low resistance in the form of fused claptons. it might be better to get some 26 or even 28. in general for wrap wire, 36 is the lowest you want to go. i prefer 38 and up for most of my builds, but occasionally use 36.

if you are new to building, have a look at the official steam engine thread, and the clapton thread to get you started. also, dont forget to post your builds :cheers:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone! So my buddy gave me an absolute ton of 22g kanthal wire and I was wondering what the best wire would be to use as an outer wire in a fused clapton situation. I've scoured the forums and haven't been able to find a clear enough answer to allow me to buy some wire. Please someone help me! Looking for a fast ramp up time if that helps!

34 or 36 kanthal

VEGAN I AM!

Barbo70

Member For 1 Year
22 is going to be very low resistance in the form of fused claptons. it might be better to get some 26 or even 28. in general for wrap wire, 36 is the lowest you want to go. i prefer 38 and up for most of my builds, but occasionally use 36.

if you are new to building, have a look at the official steam engine thread, and the clapton thread to get you started. also, dont forget to post your builds :cheers:
What would your recommendation be for a 26g core wire? I was thinking SS for the core and 38 guage for the outer?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would your recommendation be for a 26g core wire? I was thinking SS for the core and 38 guage for the outer?
it depends on what resistance you are building for. ss is the lowest resistance of the commonly used coil building metals, so 2x26 fused claptons might be too low, or end up being too large of a coil to work well in your atomizer. what is your setup (mod/atomizer) and how do you like to vape?

Barbo70

Member For 1 Year
it depends on what resistance you are building for. ss is the lowest resistance of the commonly used coil building metals, so 2x26 fused claptons might be too low, or end up being too large of a coil to work well in your atomizer. what is your setup (mod/atomizer) and how do you like to vape?
Im running a bonza RDA on a Gbox Squonk dual regulated mod. I like fast ramp up time and a crap ton of clouds. The build i have in there now is dual 22g kanthal 5 wrap with a 3mm diameter. There's literally no ramp up time. I press the button and i get a decent cloud, lol. I'm just looking for better flavor.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im running a bonza RDA on a Gbox Squonk dual regulated mod. I like fast ramp up time and a crap ton of clouds. The build i have in there now is dual 22g kanthal 5 wrap with a 3mm diameter. There's literally no ramp up time. I press the button and i get a decent cloud, lol. I'm just looking for better flavor.
ok if you made 3.5 mm 5 wrap 2x26 n80 fused claptons with 38 n80 wrap you would be in the same resistance range with a slightly bigger coil. it should ramp up pretty easy, but i havnt tried the 22 build, or this exact one, so i cant offer a comparison. it will likely be a bit more flavorful than a plain roundwire build at least...and on the regulated box you can tinker with the wattage and adjust your vape a bit if its not perfect...

Barbo70

Member For 1 Year
ok if you made 3.5 mm 5 wrap 2x26 n80 fused claptons with 38 n80 wrap you would be in the same resistance range with a slightly bigger coil. it should ramp up pretty easy, but i havnt tried the 22 build, or this exact one, so i cant offer a comparison. it will likely be a bit more flavorful than a plain roundwire build at least...and on the regulated box you can tinker with the wattage and adjust your vape a bit if its not perfect...
Awesome! So im using kbeevapes to buy the wire. They offer nichrome 80 in round and flat wire. However in the flatwire section the don't show the guage. Should i just go with the round wire?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome! So im using kbeevapes to buy the wire. They offer nichrome 80 in round and flat wire. However in the flatwire section the don't show the guage. Should i just go with the round wire?
yeah the flat wire is measured in mm x mm (width/height). its prolly easier to start with regular round wire and get the hang of things first.

Barbo70

Member For 1 Year
yeah the flat wire is measured in mm x mm (width/height). its prolly easier to start with regular round wire and get the hang of things first.
Awesome! Thanks Again! In regards to the 36g nichrome outer wire. What would that be in mm x mm

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome. Again thank you for being such a help to me. I truly love this forum! I'm glad I joined ❤️
im happy to try to help :cheers: if you find yourself getting hooked on building, we have a great community of builders of all levels here and we love to help people 'git gud' :D

Barbo70

Member For 1 Year
I have been carefully reading the steam engine forum :) thanks! And I will make sure to check that out when I get my wire :)

VU Sponsors