Become a Patron!

Need help in picking out a new tank

Good evening everyone. I am new to the vaping world and just getting back into it. I did try it about 3 years ago but my mind was not ready. I am now fully ready.

I am trying to find a tank that will give me great flavors. Clouds would be nice but right now it is not that important but flavor truly is. I am using a Joyetech eVic VT eGo One Mega. It is temp control up to 600F and 30-60 watts.

If I could get some ideas on what would be a good tank to use with my current mod Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also if you know a good site to get them form that would be awesome as well.

I have done some research myself but this vaping world can be kinda complicated at times.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this novel!!!

Mike

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Since you are trying to stay under 60 watts you are going to need something with higher ohm coil options.

A 0.8ohm to 0.25ohm coil would work.
The lower the ohms of the coil the more watts will be necessary to get a good amount of vapor.

I use a rebuildable tank (RTA) so I don't know what tanks are the best.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You are looking for a tank that produces good flavor
You have the eVic VT with an ego one mega tank.
Is this the kit?

upload_2019-8-14_3-43-14.png

I used to have an eVic VT a while back but I never had the tank that came with it.
I had the red & black one.

I'll tag a few people that may possibly be able help you with finding a good tank that works well in the 30-60 watt range.

@Huckleberried @Vape Fan @JuicyLucy @MrMeowgi

If you are trying to stay under 60 watts you aren't going to want many of the bigger subohm tanks.
They need too much power
I don't think this device will go below 0.2ohms.

You are looking for some websites to check out as well correct?

Here is a couple off of the top of my head:

https://breazy.com
https://101vape.com
https://vapordna.com
https://www.elementvape.com

When shopping online for vape gear you may want to search google for a coupon code.

For instance if I was placing an order at breazy.com I would search for "breazy.com coupon code August 2019"
Within the first few google results you should find a code to get money off.
You may only find a 10 or 15% off code but sometimes you may catch a 25 to 40% off code.

If you sign up for email alerts at the vape sites you will get emails with codes but some vendors are a little spammy.

Also for random good deals Vaporjoe's blog is always helpful:
https://vaporjoe.blogspot.com

Once you do find a tank that you are interested in you may also want to search youtube for some reviews.
This will give you an idea of what the tank looks like, how it works, if it has any major problems, etc...

I'm sure other people will come along with some more advise.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I used to have an eVic VT a while back but I never had the tank that came with it.
My quick look at the mod showed me an Ni, Ti and Power for settings. Did you have something bigger than 22mm on it?

@Muddy41 , You mentioned TC. Most companies have gone to SS for TC since SS performs so well in Power or TC modes. Ni & Ti is scarce or non existent for the newer more flavorful tanks. Changing tanks you'd most likely have only power mode to work with. Most tanks are 24-25mm now. I think any atty over 22mm will overhang the mod.

That is the kit. I have the yellow one.. I do like to play with the TC. Fun to play with the temp and wattage with the different liquids..

Once again thank you for the use of your knowledge.. I have signed up on many different sites... and right now I have several coupons from the sites but

My quick look at the mod showed me an Ni, Ti and Power for settings. Did you have something bigger than 22mm on it?

@Muddy41 , You mentioned TC. Most companies have gone to SS for TC since SS performs so well in Power or TC modes. Ni & Ti is scarce or non existent for the newer more flavorful tanks. Changing tanks you'd most likely have only power mode to work with. Most tanks are 24-25mm now. I think any atty over 22mm will overhang the mod.

I have only used the original tank . And your right anything bigger will over han . So sounds like I will be limited in tanks..

Thank you very much for respondin . Appreciate it

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It will work with overhang, just depends on what you want.

Here's what I would do. I would decide on a tank for flavor, that has SS coil options, and coils from about .02Ω - .4Ω to stay in that 30-60w range (which is mostly where I hang out altho I do rebuildables). It could be bigger than 22mm, most likely 24 or 25mm. Get that tank and see how you like it. You'd have to run it in wattage mode only for a bit, but that's ok since you could then move up in mod. One that does SS TC and fits the tank nicely. Then keep the eVic VT as a back up or a second setup.

Probably a little more decision making than you thought for getting a new tank.

It will work with overhang, just depends on what you want.

Here's what I would do. I would decide on a tank for flavor, that has SS coil options, and coils from about .02Ω - .4Ω to stay in that 30-60w range (which is mostly where I hang out altho I do rebuildables). It could be bigger than 22mm, most likely 24 or 25mm. Get that tank and see how you like it. You'd have to run it in wattage mode only for a bit, but that's ok since you could then move up in mod. One that does SS TC and fits the tank nicely. Then keep the eVic VT as a back up or a second setup.

Probably a little more decision making than you thought for getting a new tank.

This is exactly why I joined this forum. Over load me.. I love it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to load me up with ideas I really appreciate it very much..

The more I get for ideas the better.

Thanks to all

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You'll find a list of recommended vendors here: Countrypami's World of Vaping On the right hand side of the page.

As far as tanks go... if you want reliability + function + 22mm ... I recommend the Kanger Subtank/Toptank... Here is a "rebranded" version that is just as good: https://www.directvapor.com/vaporfi-volt-2-tank/
Another good tank is the Innokin iSub G or the Innokin iSub B

For both of these tanks the coils are relatively inexpensive.

Thank for the ideas and that link. I will check it out during my lunch today..

I am looking at a different Mod kit as well. Would love to get the Drag 2 Platinum but no shops in my area carry it and a couple of the one lines that so that have really good pricing I am seeing bad reviews on. They also appear to be companies that actually do not have the product themselves but use a different company to send the products out.

Anyone know of a good reliable place to get this Mod at a very good price.. Or maybe you have a local store that carries them that might be willing to ship 1 out. If so please let me know.

With the cutting back I already have done my wife is ok with me buying another setup so that I have a couple different ones to use. I am going to find another tank for my vtec as I really do enjoy using it allot

So if you know of a place that handles a place that sells the Drag 2 Platinum please let me know..... But right now I am set on a take replacement ASAP

Thanks to all

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It's a step, but how do you feel about a rebuildable RTA? There are some that for beginners are very easy to coil and a simple process. Altho it's super easy to make your own coil from wire, you can buy coils ready to mount. The coils cost less and if you make then yourself - pennies, last as long mostly longer, the wick is almost no cost since $5 worth lasts me more than 6 months.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
you are where i was..
and should have just bypassed...
rasberry-custard-jpg.139546

the ready made coils start to taste like burned rubber before to long..
and they get to be $$$$$$$$$$$$$
see that pretty much what your looking at... thats a big box mini

then i spoke to the folks here and learned how to build a deck.
ordered up the DEAD RABBIT
dead.jpg
spoke to vaperoxx he builds coils here and he built to my mod.

bunny and battery.jpg

SO MUCH BETTER!

now am looking for a swinging mod..
{yet da one i just love is already sold...}
bx10r sells NICE used equipment here at VU..
check him out first..

the folks here will not steer you wrong

you are where i was..

Not sure I am wanting to build my own yet.. I am on the go allot. I have 3 girls in college and 2 of them play sports both in the fall and spring so we are gone way too much. But I am going to research it later but right now I am just looking to take the easy way out...

Thank you

View attachment 144255

View attachment 144254

SO MUCH BETTER!

check him out first..

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have three Joyetech eVic VTwo mods, which I believe are the same housing as the VT but with built-in batteries instead of removable ones. I have used up to 24mm tanks on mine without obvious overhang.

So many of today's tanks are too big. Smok's tanks, for the most part, are riddled with problematic coils and leaking. Personally, if I were looking for a tank with factory coils right now, I'd try the Vaporesso Gemini with cCell ceramic coils. I haven't had that particular tank, but I've used plenty of those coils and they are fantastic and last a really long time. They also fit a ton of other tanks that use Atlantis-style coils, like the Aspire Triton, Aspire Atlantis and Atlantis 2, Geekvape Illusion Mini, and dozens of others. My personal favorite of those tanks is the GV Illusion Mini, but they are hard to find these days.

You could also go with something a little smaller like a Nautilus 2. cCell is a better vape, though.

The Drag 2 has had issues. I'd do some further reading before I'd buy it. Again, I don't own one but have read many comments stating that the Drag 2 wasn't nearly as good as the original Drag (the 157W version).

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
you are where i was..

View attachment 144255

View attachment 144254

SO MUCH BETTER!

check him out first..

Please pardon short hijack...Bunny darlin, take a look at the Voopoo VMate 200W. You can find them for a spectacular price these days and they are damn nice mods. Dual 18650, good size for a lady's hand, great temp control, and really nice looking, too.

www.iowaecigs.com has them in stock for $20.00 plus $4.95 for shipping.

@Muddy41 iowaecigs also has the Geekvape Nova mod on sale for $22.00. My son has one of these and loves it. I just got one the other day, and my experience so far has been great. Might be good to just take a look.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Please pardon short hijack...Bunny darlin, take a look at the Voopoo VMate 200W. You can find them for a spectacular price these days and they are damn nice mods. Dual 18650, good size for a lady's hand, great temp control, and really nice looking, too.

www.iowaecigs.com has them in stock for $20.00 plus $4.95 for shipping.

@Muddy41 iowaecigs also has the Geekvape Nova mod on sale for $22.00. My son has one of these and loves it. I just got one the other day, and my experience so far has been great. Might be good to just take a look.
That is Nice to find out..
the big box mini thow the mod is nice the tank can be messy leakey and coils Fry out fast.
so I know you know your stuff thus I believe you.

It's a step, but how do you feel about a rebuildable RTA? There are some that for beginners are very easy to coil and a simple process. Altho it's super easy to make your own coil from wire, you can buy coils ready to mount. The coils cost less and if you make then yourself - pennies, last as long mostly longer, the wick is almost no cost since $5 worth lasts me more than 6 months.

Not sure if I too get into rebuildables but it something I still think abou . Thanks

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but I saw you refer to local shops above. You can save a pile of money on the exact same things buying online. All of us do. :)

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only tanks I own that take atomizer heads are Smok BB, BBB, and Prince. I have had good luck with them. I know Smok does not have a good reputation around here but for me they work well and coils can be bought everywhere. At this point I use RBA decks in them and again they work well for me. Not that I am recommending them. People here would throw things at me if I did. I do also have a Geek Vape Aero mesh tank. It came with my Legend. I personally get a better vape from the Smok tanks. As vaping is personal preference these work well at a low price point. I am more inclined to use RDA'-RTA's however the tanks are sometimes more convient. I know I did not help at all. I was just sharing my experience.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only tanks I own that take atomizer heads are Smok BB, BBB, and Prince. I have had good luck with them. I know Smok does not have a good reputation around here but for me they work well and coils can be bought everywhere. At this point I use RBA decks in them and again they work well for me. Not that I am recommending them. People here would throw things at me if I did. I do also have a Geek Vape Aero mesh tank. It came with my Legend. I personally get a better vape from the Smok tanks. As vaping is personal preference these work well at a low price point. I am more inclined to use RDA'-RTA's however the tanks are sometimes more convient. I know I did not help at all. I was just sharing my experience.
Oh shit I can not believe I left out my absolutely favorite tank!!! Forgot because my wife commandeered it a while ago. Og Uwell Crown tank. The absolutely best (IMHO) tank that uses atomizer heads. There is a RBA deck available for it but I do not have one. An older tank 2016'ish I think. Coils have a long life and it has killer flavor and huge clouds. Sorry I can not believe I left it out. Absolutely the best sub ohm tank that I have ever used. I highly recomend it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a BBB, a Cloud Beast and three princes. Never had a problem with any of them or their coils that wasn't my fault. Like you, I have rba decks for all of em. All of them are pretty good, but the BBB with the BB rba deck is REALLY good.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I had two Prince tanks that I couldn't get wicked properly so they both leaked. I have two Smok Spirals (one is a regular and one is a Plus) and have never had a leak out of either of them. I still have an X-Baby also, top airflow, so expect it would be fine if the top would just stay closed properly. I use the RBAs in all of them.

In my experience, Smok's tanks are a lot better than their mods. I believe it was @gsmit1 who just bought a new model Smok mod and said he really likes it, so maybe their QC is improving. I do have a G80 that I bought for next to nothing as a kit from Breazy (came with the Smok Spirals tank), and it has been fine. I like the simple design of it quite a lot. It's very basic, though, so not a lot of things to go wrong.

VU Sponsors