Become a Patron!

Need help moving up

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been vaping on and off for a year with cheap ego-twist type gear. Now for the past couple of weeks I've been watching every review I could find on youtube and lurking on forums such as this one to upgrade my hardware.

From the information I gathered and a quick evaluation of my needs I drew the following conclusions.

- I'm not interested in big clouds. The most important thing for me is flavor.
- I'm not sure if sub-ohming is for me. I am concerned about the safety of vaping 30ml + a day.
- I think I'm more into a mouth to lung experience but most recent devices seem directed towards direct inhale.
- I will be building my own coils
- istick + subtank mini seems like a fairly priced noob friendly starting point. However I'm not sure if the airflow of the subtank makes for a comfortable mouth to long vaping experience.
- Kayfun 4 seems like a nice atty but the price is ridiculous and I'm not sure about clones.

I know there are a lot of vape gurus on this forum, so I would be glad to get some help on the matter.

(Sidenote : I'm in canada and will ordering on Canvape so unfortunately somes mods and attys arent available to me)

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On Canvape the lemo drop is 35$ the subtank mini is about 39$ . Pretty close . You don't have to build a sub ohm coil , anything you like . On my lemo the airflow is closed to crazy open, I mouth to lung no problem . . Sub tank ,not so sure . Check more than one review on each . Good luck hunting !

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While the Istick has quite a lot of hype and a huge following, I just don't like what I call "Rent-A-Mods" where once the battery dies, the whole mod ends up in the trash or better the recycle bin.

I would suggest getting a mod that uses standard 18650 batteries. That way when the battery dies it only cost you <$10 to replace. Plus you can always just carry a spare with you and swap out if needed.

Both Sigelei and IPV have nice mini mods that go up to 70 watts (IPV) and use replaceable batteries.

About a month ago, I purchased the Sigelei 30 watt mini to use for stealth vaping while out of the house but it has not left my hand since I got it. And at the end of the day, I just plug the sucker into a wall wart and it is ready for me the next morning.

And at the moment, I am using an eGo one 2.5ml tank with a 0.50 ohm coil. Plenty of flavor and the airflow can be adjusted for the perfect lung hit. And the flavor and vapor are just fine!

And I hear that they will be coming out with an RBA head for them in the near future.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use my Kayfun every morning for mouth to lung hits with my morning blend juice. I have a subtank mini and a couple rda's for later in the day lung hitting. I've had the Kayfun for quite a while and don't see the need for any other mouth to lung device. The Kayfun 3.1's and lites's have a ridiculous number of accessories available for customizing them. They're designed primarily for single coil, mouth to lung use. Very solid device that's easy to find and affordable. I like my Ehpro Kayfun 3.1. Simple, easy to build, doesn't leak, flavor is awesome and it's made very well. Also, I use it around 16w so you don't need a big power mod to reach its potential. A variable power mod with at least 20w would be all you need. Happy hunting.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been vaping on and off for a year with cheap ego-twist type gear. Now for the past couple of weeks I've been watching every review I could find on youtube and lurking on forums such as this one to upgrade my hardware.

From the information I gathered and a quick evaluation of my needs I drew the following conclusions.

- I'm not interested in big clouds. The most important thing for me is flavor.
- I'm not sure if sub-ohming is for me. I am concerned about the safety of vaping 30ml + a day.
- I think I'm more into a mouth to lung experience but most recent devices seem directed towards direct inhale.
- I will be building my own coils
- istick + subtank mini seems like a fairly priced noob friendly starting point. However I'm not sure if the airflow of the subtank makes for a comfortable mouth to long vaping experience.
- Kayfun 4 seems like a nice atty but the price is ridiculous and I'm not sure about clones.

I know there are a lot of vape gurus on this forum, so I would be glad to get some help on the matter.

(Sidenote : I'm in canada and will ordering on Canvape so unfortunately somes mods and attys arent available to me)

I am a new vaper that just upgraded from a cheap starter kit (Kanger Emow) I recently bought the Subtank Mini and a 30 watt Istick. I don't know much about vaping but I can confidently say the Kanger Subtank Mini and Istick combo is a huge improvement over the ego type device I started with. As far as the air flow is concerned the subtank has 3 positions, the two smaller holes are great for mouth to lung hits, and the wide open hole is great for lung hits. I NEVER thought I would want to do a lung hit, but with the Subtank Mini its actually enjoyable and now I do it on occasion. For the majority of my vaping I use the middle sized hole and do mouth to lung hits. I have tried the .05 ohm coil, but it was too strong with the 18mg juice I tried it with. After a couple days of experimenting I found that 12mg juice and the 1.2 ohm coil at 20 watts is perfect for me. I was using 18mg juice in my Emow and it was not satisfying my nicotine cravings, but 12mg juice in my Subtank Mini does. The whole vaping experience is much more enjoyable with the Subtank Mini & Istick combo.

I am also Canadian and buy my gear & juice from vapemeet.ca Their Brampton retail store is close to my work so I just go there to buy my gear. The staff at Vapemeet were very helpful getting me started vaping and off cigarettes. Do yourself a favor and try their "Oh My Custard" Juice, its EXCELLENT. Out of all the juices I have tried the Oh My Custard is my favorite so far.

Good Luck!!

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A good friend of mine is like you. Using the same thing. Ego twist type of ecig. I'd recommend an itaste VV with a aerotank mini. Look it up. Its not a box. It's a stick like you like (assuming) check it out and let me know!

VU Sponsors