Become a Patron!

Need help - Which APV Device?

Sean Di Rienzo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to preface this post with a thank you to all who take the time to assist me. <3 you

I bought my first apv on focalecig, it was one of the hana modz 30w clones. It was pretty awful, worked for about a month and then the board went screwy, it would read "too hot" far too often and prevent me from firing.

My vaping is around 0.5-0.9 ohms, I am not a cloud chaser. I use a magma, veritas and orchid, preferably around 20-35w, nothing higher. I am very disappointed that my 30w clone did not work out and want to invest in something that won't crap out on me in a few months.

I am drawn towards the Segeli, Cloupor and Pioneer4You 100w+ devices. Specifically the devices that offer 2x 18650 in parallel - the series versions scare me. I've done a lot of research and am always brought back to the same problem, inconsistency of product reviews and bias. Obviously there is nothing I can do about simply receiving a "lemon" but I would like to minimize the chances of this happening.

Can you guys suggest a reliable and powerful APV device that fits my needs? I don't need 2x 18650 but it would sure be a bonus (especially in parallel, for battery life time). I am weary of any of the dna30 clones as explained earlier but have also looked at the IPV 35w and 50w devices.

It's extremely difficult to decide as I've never tested any of the devices and cannot come to clear conclusions via reviews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Sig is a really liked item and it can be had for about 75 bucks right now. I have an ipv3 been driving it since 10/11 and it is a rock steady device so far but it is more expensive than the Sig. There is also the 150w Sig about to be released that has the spring pin and more of an ipv3 look. I see the Sig 100w as a good value but I really enjoy my ipv3.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have the Sigelei and I love it.

But the Dovpo E-MECH is a great device if a 30 watt max is good for you, It holds 2 X 18650 batteries and has in internal charger.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am also some what in the same boat as you, a lot of people like their sig, but then i also hear about the 510 connection getting messed up, i for one am leaning towards a vapor shark dna40!!

Sean Di Rienzo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the sig.

My current mech mod's threads are completely stripped. None of my atomizers other than protanks will thread. I guess thats what a $16 chinese clone is good for..

Heres to hoping my sig doesn't crap out on me.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just personally wouldn't want to buy one and then like 2 months later it break or something go wrong with it!

L

Lighty269

Your device from FC has bad solder connections in it. I have purchase many now, I had to upgrade them all with new 510 connections and fix the bad solder on the board. I did take a leap and purchased a IPV2s, very happy with it. I will be buying the new Sigelei when it is released. I am not a cloud chaser, but a flavor chaser.

Sean Di Rienzo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your device from FC has bad solder connections in it. I have purchase many now, I had to upgrade them all with new 510 connections and fix the bad solder on the board. I did take a leap and purchased a IPV2s, very happy with it. I will be buying the new Sigelei when it is released. I am not a cloud chaser, but a flavor chaser.

Yes the fc hana clone had awful solder joints. I ended up just ripping everything out - I am planning to use it to build my own box mod at some point.

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone know when the new Sigelei with the floating pin is coming out? Sounds like everyone has only good things to say about the Sigelei 100 watt but I'd really like a floating positive pin. Also, is that only coming out in a 150 watt version?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the sig.

My current mech mod's threads are completely stripped. None of my atomizers other than protanks will thread. I guess thats what a $16 chinese clone is good for..

Heres to hoping my sig doesn't crap out on me.
You won't be disapointed with the sig. There is nothing wrong with the pin on the 510. When people regurgitate the pin problem, they saw that problem on videos with beta units that were sent to reviewers and retailers. It was fixed on the first general public release. The pin is reverse threaded, so keep that in mind

VU Sponsors