Become a Patron!

Need help with alien wire

bogie1989

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using cheap fishing swivels that would stop fixed it my throwing some grease in them. As for a cool truck for keeping then straight try using a keyring to keep them in place slowly move the ring down at needed. If you youtube alien wire with keyring there is a guy that shows ya how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using cheap fishing swivels that would stop fixed it my throwing some grease in them. As for a cool truck for keeping then straight try using a keyring to keep them in place slowly move the ring down at needed. If you youtube alien wire with keyring there is a guy that shows ya how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I used to be very frustrated by aliens but found the prep is everything! Flaws in any steps will throw it all off but once you get the feel for it its very satisfying! I found Mterks youtube video very helpful. It probably took me 6-8 trys before i got a pretty 12" stick. When you get it down moving on to fraliens is an easy step!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Staples are much easier to alien than round wires.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@kickboxerwalker you might be pulling back to far on the drill.... If you pull back to hard you'll jam the ball bearing and your wires will go all honkey dorrey :). Happened to me a bunch of times and I've wasted so much wire (and lost my temper x 10) before I noticed I was pulling back to hard with the drill... You want the wire to be tight but the ball bearing on swivel to be relaxed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I agree with this...I learned making even claptons I was just pulling on the drill too tight it caused too much drag on the bearing in the swivel....

speaking of she, my fiance just pointed out the problem with my aliens that i was apparently too stupid to realize. because my drill uses a guick release detachable chuck, it cant keep even pressure on the wires. everytime i move the clapton further from the drill, the line twists causing the core to bunch up. SOB, i really do need a different drill. screw B&D.

What do you mean with a Quick Release?
Because I also use a B&D drill and I also fuck up the further I get from the drill. Did you find a solution to this problem?

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Look into Patinos Alien Makers, they slip on the cores and keep them straight. I couldn't make an alien for the life of me until I purchased them!

upload_2017-11-17_17-22-13.png

They have a few different options depending on the size of your cores, but I usually throw 4 of them on, 1 at the end, 1 at the chuck, and 2 spaced in the middle and they slide freely with your wrap.

VU Sponsors