Become a Patron!

Need help with Aromamizer Supreme RDTA.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I am having issues with wicking this tank. I have tried kanthal 24awg and ss 316 26awg. I am using in power mode. Both builds done vertically at 3mm diameter. I try the spread cotton at the bottom and "s" pattern also. I keep getting dry/burn hits. With the spread method I get dry hits and leaking, the s pattern, just dry hits. Pretty fed up with this tank, about to throw it out. I have the Aromamizer rdta standard and it works perfectly. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am having issues with wicking this tank. I have tried kanthal 24awg and ss 316 26awg. I am using in power mode. Both builds done vertically at 3mm diameter. I try the spread cotton at the bottom and "s" pattern also. I keep getting dry/burn hits. With the spread method I get dry hits and leaking, the s pattern, just dry hits. Pretty fed up with this tank, about to throw it out. I have the Aromamizer rdta standard and it works perfectly. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is ur juice flow fully open?
Try horizontal built!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm running Dual Aliens on mine atm, no leaking, no burned hits. Both are horizontal. give that a shot first.....

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got to go horizontal bro.. Or
Single vertical , in the middle
Too many issues with dual verticals,

VAPE IT

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Will try horizontal. Just frustrating is all. Never had these problems with the regular Aromamizer tank.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Horizontal is a must, vertical are not effective especially if you want to chain vape IMO.. Never a fan of vertical coils...

VAPE IT

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
Horizontal is a must, vertical are not effective especially if you want to chain vape IMO.. Never a fan of vertical coils...

VAPE IT
. The original aromamizer thrived on vertical coils. Completely fixed the leak issues. This tank though...I'm building horizontal coils now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

VAPE IT
Have to agree with ej....I even have problems with verts on the Marquis.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree...so far. Went horizontal, lets see if I wake up to an empty tank and a pool of juice on my dresser.

The way this RDTA is design, you can't put it on the side bro...or
Shut the AFC you should be good to go...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried the scottish roll technique?
I've been doing this lately for almost all my builds (I have one left that I haven't tried it with, but I will next time it's due). Before I didn't believe it'd help with tanks, but damn it works nicely. Even if a wick isn't saturated completely it has enough stored in there for an extra pull or two. I'm not sure why I thought it wouldn't work before but anyways, it sure as hell works well.

As for vertical coils, I've been curious on that. I understand the reason for the premade coils (or RBA replications) but I've never understood why they're liked for standard RDA and tanks, I understand the Aromamizer had some issues that it seemed to solve but what is the benefit in general? I'd be curious if anyone would enlighten me to the benefits.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
I've been doing this lately for almost all my builds (I have one left that I haven't tried it with, but I will next time it's due). Before I didn't believe it'd help with tanks, but damn it works nicely. Even if a wick isn't saturated completely it has enough stored in there for an extra pull or two. I'm not sure why I thought it wouldn't work before but anyways, it sure as hell works well.

As for vertical coils, I've been curious on that. I understand the reason for the premade coils (or RBA replications) but I've never understood why they're liked for standard RDA and tanks, I understand the Aromamizer had some issues that it seemed to solve but what is the benefit in general? I'd be curious if anyone would enlighten me to the benefits.
With the standard aromamizer I never got dry hits with horizontal coils, but man did it leak! When I switched to vertical coils I still didn't get dry hits but the leaking COMPLETELY vanished... even with the mod on its side overnight. The flavor was still very good and the draw on it was only slightly inhibited. I only use the vertical coils on one other device, my Goliath 8 coil dripper, but that's so I can get all 8 in there. All my other tanks I use horizontal.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
DITTO for Horizontal! The following build vapes great with 65% PG and 35% VG. Using KGD. IF I were vaping high/max VG I would use less cotton. The wick tails are fluffy fluffy fluffy and each tail is placed over the juice holes (two on each side) and over lapped in the middle. It actually lays on top of the juice holes and thus touches each juice hole with this juice. The pic makes it look denser than it is but the tails are very fluffy. Generally on horizontal builds use at least a 3MM ID or 3.5MM. Find your sweet spot by slowly moving the JFC up and start with one bar and also play with your AF.

For this Supreme RDTA (V2) I see no advantage to vertical builds and I've tested them. Perhaps it's just habit with some ? but this is a different beast than the first version or most other tanks so we all need to experience the joy and pain of a learning curve. /lol

supreme wicking.jpg

Good luck!
:)

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DITTO for Horizontal! The following build vapes great with 65% PG and 35% VG. Using KGD. IF I were vaping high/max VG I would use less cotton. The wick tails are fluffy fluffy fluffy and each tail is placed over the juice holes (two on each side) and over lapped in the middle. It actually lays on top of the juice holes and thus touches each juice hole with this juice. The pic makes it look denser than it is but the tails are very fluffy. Generally on horizontal builds use at least a 3MM ID or 3.5MM. Find your sweet spot by slowly moving the JFC up and start with one bar and also play with your AF.

For this Supreme RDTA (V2) I see no advantage to vertical builds and I've tested them. Perhaps it's just habit with some ? but this is a different beast than the first version or most other tanks so we all need to experience the joy and pain of a learning curve. /lol

View attachment 47818

Good luck!
Holy cotton moly

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years

View attachment 47818

Good luck!
Looks like the ENTIRE 7ml of juice is wicked up in there! I'm using a 75/25 ratio. I am using less cotton. The wicking issues seem to be fixed and it really doesn't leak with the horizontals did in the older aromamizer.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
LOL. hahahah

So I should use MORE KGD! /joke

Actually boys and girls, here is a pic of my latest build after about 60ML consumption with the coils lower which means less cotton and I run with the JFC set to the second bar. A little lower build around 0.4 OHMS and vapes like a champ. It's a very very versatile RDTA and IMHO, is quite tolerant to numerous techniques for wicking and horizontal builds. That's a good thing isn't it?

Supreme Wick 2 USED.jpg

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
LOL. hahahah

So I should use MORE KGD! /joke

Actually boys and girls, here is a pic of my latest build after about 60ML consumption with the coils lower which means less cotton and I run with the JFC set to the second bar. A little lower build around 0.4 OHMS and vapes like a champ. It's a very very versatile RDTA and IMHO, is quite tolerant to numerous techniques for wicking and horizontal builds. That's a good thing isn't it?

View attachment 47824

Yes, that is a good thing. I'm just surprised that as well as the older rdta worked with verticals, this one failed so completely. Not butt hurt about it as verticals aren't a personal preference, they just worked with that tank. Ya'lls help and advice has renewed my love for my Aromamizers!

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
a07bb3be942bfaee966a33b3a92c8077.jpg
working like a champ now!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's important to "spread" the cotton all around the well to prevent leaking and don't forget that small area behind the positive post.
Make sure the cotton is fluffy and not stuffed in there, to prevent dry hits.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Tried out the technique along with horizontal coils. Wicking like a champ now! Much appreciated!
It does soak up a lot more juice but for me the more the merrier. I just made a huge vape order today and included is an Aromamizer Supreme. Picked it up for 38 bucks shipped. Cant wait to get it!

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm running Dual Aliens on mine atm, no leaking, no burned hits. Both are horizontal. give that a shot first.....
You think horizontal builds in the aromamizer supreme perform better in terms of wicking and flavor than vertical builds do???
Everyone is always saying that the aromamizer design needs vertical coils...?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've done both. I get better flavor with Dual Aliens.

scaryloud

Member For 4 Years
You think horizontal builds in the aromamizer supreme perform better in terms of wicking and flavor than vertical builds do???
Everyone is always saying that the aromamizer design needs vertical coils...?
With the standard Aromamizer I use vertical exclusively. For whatever reason vertical don't work at all on the Supreme for me.

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tried out the technique along with horizontal coils. Wicking like a champ now! Much appreciated!

It does soak up a lot more juice but for me the more the merrier. I just made a huge vape order today and included is an Aromamizer Supreme. Picked it up for 38 bucks shipped. Cant wait to get it!
Wtf $38 ???
How, from where? Everywhere I've seen it has been closer to $50. It doesn't matter I already got one, but I'm just curious to know where you can get one for so cheap... Or was that a typo? Also, if it's gearworst or slowtech it doesn't count.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vertical or horizontal??
HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sahsah

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With the standard Aromamizer I use vertical exclusively. For whatever reason vertical don't work at all on the Supreme for me.

Ok awesome, so far I had basically written my supreme as a bad purchase and a case of the vaping hype machine striking again, but this gives me new hope for my purchase to pay off after all. Fingers crossed that the horizontal build will turn this puppy around

VU Sponsors