Become a Patron!

Need help with calculations

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep getting a neg # when running my calculations. Here is what I'm inputting through E-juicemeup:

Nic base is 100mg/120ml 100%pg
Target Nic level 3%
How much to make 15ml
Target ratio 30pg/70vg

Flavorings are all 100% pg
Strawberry 15%
Blueberry Candy 10%
Marshmallow 6%

When I hit calculate I get -4% pg. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help would be appreciated

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you are telling it 34% total PG and it is saying minus 4% less vg is needed which would being vg to 66%. Just a guess.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure on the nic base - do you mean 100mg/ml in a 120 ml bottle instead of 100mg/120ml? That would be a nic level of less than 1mg/ml in your base...

Also, your 31% PG-based flavor leaves no room to add PG-based nic in a 30/70 mix - even if you added no nicotine you'd have a 31/69 ratio - with nic added probably closer to 35-65. Try changing your target blend by upping the PG, or reduce flavor to get to the point where you can add the VG you seek.

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
I keep getting a neg # when running my calculations. Here is what I'm inputting through E-juicemeup:

Nic base is 100mg/120ml 100%pg
Target Nic level 3%
How much to make 15ml
Target ratio 30pg/70vg

Flavorings are all 100% pg
Strawberry 15%
Blueberry Candy 10%
Marshmallow 6%

When I hit calculate I get -4% pg. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help would be appreciated

You set your target ratio to 30% pg. You have 3% nic at 100% pg. You have 31% flavorings at 100% pg. You are trying to put 34% of pg components into 30% pg ratio. That's why you see -4%pg. Reduce your flavoring percentages or increase your pg ratio (to at least 34%).

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's what I meant with the nic 100mg/ml in a 120ml bottle. I had to up the pg ratio to 35% in order to mix everything. Ive noticed that when going by the calculations for the 2 bottles Ive made it doesn't fill up the (15ml) bottle even though it says that's what it should make, only 3/4 way full

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps someone sold you 20 ml bottles and told you they were 15 ml? Add up the volume of all ingredients - do they come out to 15 ml?

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps someone sold you 20 ml bottles and told you they were 15 ml? Add up the volume of all ingredients - do they come out to 15 ml?

Newb question. but how do I do that?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are they dropper top bottles? If so, there is an allowance for the space the dropper will take. Put the cap on and the level should go up.

johnnyknoxsvill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think my flavor percentages are a tad high. I'm trying to get the strawberry as the main flavor but not overwhelming, the blueberry a secondary flavor with the marshmallow as an undertone.

I'm vaping the concoction i made and its vapeable if that's even a word, and its not bad. My wife said she gets more marshmallow more then anything, so ill need to adjust that probably in half.

I'm trying to re-create a house juice and those are the 3 main flavors but I don't know the percentages of the flavors

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes certain flavors take some time to "pop." In a few days it might very well taste different than it does right now so don't give up too quickly. ;)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you have mucho "readjusting" to do. 31% flavoring is SKY high. What brand flavoring are you using and where did you pull those % numbers from?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you have mucho "readjusting" to do. 31% flavoring is SKY high. What brand flavoring are you using and where did you pull those % numbers from?
This. Some flavors can actually fade if you over-do it. Maybe try cutting all of your flavors in half, or mixing up some unflavored nic base and cutting it 50/50 with what you've already mixed, then try both again right away and again in 2-3 days...

Vcoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know it sounds tedious, but leave the nic out for now and just make each flavor component on its own, like 3-5ml just so you understand what they do on their own at like .5-2%. I'm learning too, and what you may do in error is vape the fresh made mix and already tinker. Let it settle/ steep first. Some flavors in culinary applications and e juice I'm learning boost or compliment other favors uniquely so my advice is take it slow and just have fun with it. When it's time to mix them all up your percentages will be closer to "right" and you shouldn't have an issue calculating. You can also figure out the nic level by calculating the percentage on its own to get an idea how many ml per bottle you need.

VU Sponsors