Become a Patron!

Need help with clearomizer

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK so I have the I taste MVP 2.0 energy edition which comes with the I clear 16b dual coil clearomizer . my problem is I'm trying to disassemble and clean and a wick came out how can I get it back in

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe you will have to discard the coil head and use a new one.

Also:

Did you actually try to disassemble the coil head itself?

Or had you vaped the tank, and the wick came loose when you separated the coil head from the tank?

Not sure what your exact circumstance was, but I think the warranty usually only covers "DOA" situations (i.e., the coil head is defective, but still new out of the box).

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya it pulled out any suggestions on a better clearomizer

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have a suggestion on a good tank compatible with itaste MVP 2.0 that is good for a beginner wanting to get into rbas but also has a good vape quantity and still have flavor?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I suggest the Kayfun Lite.

Easy to build and delivers great taste and vapor.

And somewhere here, Joe posted a great deal on a complete RBA toolkit that has all the stuff you need to form your own coils, install and test.

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kayfun lite version 3.1? Or a different and could someone post me a link on a good place yo buy cotton wire and tools

D

Donald Bickers

Kayfun
lite is a very good suggestion,good flavor ,good price ,very easy to build for a beginner,,,you may try Angel Cigs,they also have a us warehouse.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Either of the Kayfuns would be fine. I like the KFL or the KF+ myself and you can find them on Focal or Angelcigs.

For tools, you are going to need a pair of small needle nose pliers, a small wire cutter (fingernail clippers will work in a pinch) and while you get a small screwdriver with the RBA nomally, I suggest a set of jewelers screw drivers with larger handles.

Get you wire from Temco http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?t1=kanthal&t2=kanthal wire &page=1
And I really suggest Ramie fiber as a wicking material.

http://www.woolery.com/store/pc/Ramie-Top-8oz-China-Grass-p901.htm#details

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the suggestions my wick came out of my atomizer in my I clear 16b so I purchased the aspire nautilus mini so far its a huge upgrade but I'm still wanting to purchase a rba. Uncle RJ what mod would u suggest with a kayfun and what's the difference in ramie fiber and Rayon pros con's

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also does anyone know where to get skins for itaste MVP 2.0

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for the suggestions my wick came out of my atomizer in my I clear 16b so I purchased the aspire nautilus mini so far its a huge upgrade but I'm still wanting to purchase a rba. Uncle RJ what mod would u suggest with a kayfun and what's the difference in ramie fiber and Rayon pros con's

Truthfully, I have not tried Rayon. I prefer natural wick material. Cotton is great but it just doesn't stand up to the heat generated by a coil especially at higher wattage's. Ramie handles the heat quit nicely and is still in good shape when I go to dryburn my coils to remove built up gunk after I run about 8 to 10 ml through the coil. So I just go ahead and replace it while I have the RBA opened up and I am messing with it anyway.

Ramie does not store liquid like cotton does but it has amazing capillary action. With most flavors, I can vape the tank dry, add a different flavor and within a few vapes I am getting nothing but the new flavor. This does not work with things like cinnamon, anise, licorice and pluid. But I can switch from coffee to a berry flavor no problem.

And I would imagine that with Rayon you are getting some out-gassing once you apply heat to the material.

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm alot to think about as for coil building you suggested starting with 28g right?

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm alot to think about as for coil building you suggested starting with 28g right?
When i moved to a rba I went with the Fogger V4, I used 28g Kanthal dual coils at .9 ohms and its been working great for me.I also use organic cotton for my wick.

VU Sponsors